Author Topic: Wii U Sales Rank Up 875% on Amazon UK  (Read 1917 times)

Offline paleselan

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Wii U Sales Rank Up 875% on Amazon UK
« on: May 24, 2013, 11:59:08 AM »
Check out my NintendoNetwork64 Youtube channel and website:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoNetwork64
https://www.NN64.org

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Sales Rank Up 875% on Amazon UK
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »
It would be nice if it's able to maintain this new momentum. Any reports from other countries? I know US Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:26 PM »
It will be interesting if this kind of trend can keep up and if it will happen in other outlets. It furthers my beliefs that gamers as well as the casual gamers and the general public are just smarter now. In one sense anyway. I don't buy into all the hysteria over the xbone just like I still don't buy into the Wii U hysteria. When more games come out and consistently people will shut up and forget about everything else. Any way back to my original point, I feel like the Wii was the last straw in gaming electronics, people are going to wait longer to pick up consoles.

There was a time when everyone was a rube(as Ian would say) and we ate up everything a company had to say as if it were gospel. People used to buy into the hype so easily but it seems like now people are like "you won't fool me, I can wait for a price drop." For some of these Amazon people, seeing what Microsoft showed and that little price drop were enough to make blip in the sales for Wii U.

I'm not saying the new machines won't sell but now a'days people just understand the game better to get more for their money.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »
Using percentages to describe changes in rank is meaningless.  Ranking is an ordering system, not a quantity, and to compare a change in position just doesn't make sense - it's like saying Nintendo has 875% more "ranks" than before.

I could understand if they had chosen to describe the change as moving from one percentile of the total set to another, but that's not how it's being presented.

With respect to cause for the sales increase, I don't have an opinion.  It's only a single data point so it's tough to say what the cause behind it is.  But the math part just really annoys me.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
Using percentages to describe changes in rank is meaningless.  Ranking is an ordering system, not a quantity, and to compare a change in position just doesn't make sense - it's like saying Nintendo has 875% more "ranks" than before.

I could understand if they had chosen to describe the change as moving from one percentile of the total set to another, but that's not how it's being presented.

With respect to cause for the sales increase, I don't have an opinion.  It's only a single data point so it's tough to say what the cause behind it is.  But the math part just really annoys me.

You must be really popular at parties.
Gouge away.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 01:45:03 PM »
There was a time when everyone was a rube(as Ian would say) and we ate up everything a company had to say as if it were gospel. People used to buy into the hype so easily 
Those people moved on to buy Apple products  ;D
Oui, Mon Gars!