Author Topic: Futurama yay or ney?  (Read 2408 times)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Futurama yay or ney?
« on: June 05, 2003, 01:58:59 AM »
well i am confused, in IGN's mailbag futurama is proclaimed not to be receiveing the gamecube treatment to maximise proffits (ie its going to go on PS2 and xbawx only because of their american/canadian user bases) but nintendo australia has news reguarding futurama that its indeed comeing out next month..

Futurama coming out?

this has lead me (and some of my fellow aussies) to ponder that perhaps it wont be released on NTSC gamecubes but just PAL (doubt it will have a japanese release). interesting and confusing no?

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
Futurama yay or ney?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 04:55:09 AM »
I have read that Futurama will indeed come out on Gamecube in Europe, but not North America. And that makes Clamps very angry... you don't want him to use... the CLAMPS!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
RE: Futurama yay or ney?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 10:29:54 PM »
Interesting.

Maybe it will indeed get a PAL release only for the GameCube version, but it still doesn't really make sense.

*Shrugs shoulders*

Looks like we'll have to sit around, twiddling our thumbs, going "do doo do doo do do" all the while others are going "Dunno!" so we'll sit here, "dooo do doo do!"

*Thumbs shatter*

Well, there goes that idea.

Offline tmoney

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Futurama yay or ney?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 08:02:11 AM »
Where is this "confirmation" that Futurama won't come to the US Gamecube coming from?  At first I heard it was cancelled - then I heard it was coming out two months after the PS2 and Xbox versions.  Then IGN said it was cancelled again.  The official Futurama game website has only the PS2 and Xbox logos on the pages, but in the actual video trailer it still shows the gamecube logo at the end.

I honestly think that the Gamecube version would sell pretty good.  I know I was going to buy it.  Oh well.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 09:59:25 AM »
i smell a money hat or something, if they are doing a gamecube version for PAL regions it wouldn't make much sence for them not to do an NTSC version.

on the lighter side of things it finnally gives the NTSC people a game to import from the PAL people

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2003, 05:10:19 PM »
They'd have to be pretty stinky not to release a GC version. Just look at all the Simpsons/Futurama fans located in this VERY forum!

SCI NEED TO CRANK IT UP A NOTCH WITH THEIR SPICE WEASEL! BAM!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2003, 05:32:46 PM »
BAMM! i wish i had a spice weasel to give things a blast with

Offline Wesisapie

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2003, 07:37:23 PM »
We both know she won't make it half a light year away before ... the *craaaving* sets in. Bam.
Fin.