Author Topic: Playdate by Panic - [OT] for console/games/future season(s) discussion  (Read 13 times)

Offline Adrock

• Score: 134
    • View Profile
Since Playdate comes with 24 games in Season One, I wanted to create an official thread to organize discussion on the console and games. Honestly, I don't want to root through a mega thread to find comments on the various games.

Key Details:
  • Pre-orders begin July 29 at 10:00 AM PDT, full payment required (cancel any time for full refund)
  • Pre-orders will not sell-out as Panic will continue to accept pre-orders and will be shipped in the order they are pre-ordered
  • First batch of ~20,000 units will ship late 2021 (split between 16 countries, yikes), future batches will ship in 2022
  • Pre-orders are limited to two per customer
  • Playdate Cover will be available on launch day; Stereo Dock will be available "later"
  • Season One is included with the purchase of the console and features 24 games to be release two per week for 12 weeks

I recall reading that Panic will work with eBay to remove pre-orders (as that is against eBay's policies), but I don't remember where I read that. In case I imagined that, requiring full payment up front should deter scalpers.

Official website for Playdate

Here is the full reveal from June 8: Playdate Update — 6/8/2021

I don't think these work anymore, but in case they do for some people:

Two minute trailer if you can't be bothered to watch the 15 minute reveal: Say Hello to Playdate!!

Again, embedded video if it works for you: