Author Topic: Wii U Sells 57K Units in January  (Read 17918 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Sells 57K Units in January
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »
Heckled by the illiterates.  oh well.

Life pro tip: In a debate, it's a good idea not to insult the intelligence of the opposing side, since it makes you look like a complete asshole.

And by the way, they can't price it whatever they want. They are a business, designed to make money. They want a profit, they deserve it. It's called capatalism, it's what our world is funded by. Get the **** over it. And you honestly believe that a completely new system, not produced in the most efficeint way possible yet (considering it IS a new system) shou;d be sold equal to or less than systems that have been out for a very long time and have had time to streamline production? Come on, dude.
again?  I suggest reading.  I'm not insulting anyone.  I'm merely observing the fact that reading comprehension is a skill that is sorely underdeveloped here.  It's concerning, really, that I can write a 100% true statement like the Wii U is selling the most expensive software and people here deny  it and take offense to that 100% true statement.

Your little rant is cute and makes me realize that not only can you not read very well, you actually have no understanding of business or capitalism.  You seem like a very angry, very ignorant person.  Maybe you should "pro life tip" yourself some humility and decency before you accuse me of being an asshole, dude.

If you don't think calling people illiterate is insulting them, you're the one who's ignorant. Cut out the personal insults.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2013, 03:10:32 PM »
Heckled by the illiterates.  oh well.

Life pro tip: In a debate, it's a good idea not to insult the intelligence of the opposing side, since it makes you look like a complete asshole.

And by the way, they can't price it whatever they want. They are a business, designed to make money. They want a profit, they deserve it. It's called capatalism, it's what our world is funded by. Get the **** over it. And you honestly believe that a completely new system, not produced in the most efficeint way possible yet (considering it IS a new system) shou;d be sold equal to or less than systems that have been out for a very long time and have had time to streamline production? Come on, dude.
again?  I suggest reading.  I'm not insulting anyone.  I'm merely observing the fact that reading comprehension is a skill that is sorely underdeveloped here.  It's concerning, really, that I can write a 100% true statement like the Wii U is selling the most expensive software and people here deny it and take offense to that 100% true statement.

Your little rant is cute and makes me realize that not only can you not read very well, you actually have no understanding of business or capitalism.  You seem like a very angry, very ignorant person.  Maybe you should "pro life tip" yourself some humility and decency before you accuse me of being an asshole, dude.

No, your statement is factually wrong. Wii U games are the SAME price as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, so it's incorrect to say they are the most expensive. So we are perplexed why you continue to insult people and try to re-affirm a 100% wrong statement. Oblivion is right, you don't have a clue how business or capitalism works.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2013, 04:04:07 PM »
If you don't think calling people illiterate is insulting them, you're the one who's ignorant. Cut out the personal insults.
I'm not being ignorant, I'm pointing out illiteracy where I see it.  Feel free to disagree with my harsh, but ultimately accurate assessment.  It's not insulting to say that some people here can't respond in any sort of coherent, measured, or rational fashion--it's obviously true.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:05 PM »
You are being ignorant if you can't see why the way you're acting is unacceptable. You made a point that was misleading and, at best, only technically accurate, and people responded accordingly.

J.P. Corbran

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2013, 05:17:44 PM »
Dare I ask:  how is stating that the Wii U is the most expensive console with the most expensive games misleading while being "technically accurate"?  What point am I trying to mislead people to? 

I stated that economic factors were already established when the Wii U launched so it shouldn't be cited as a reason the system isn't selling more.  I don't know how this became such a controversial idea when many other people in the thread seemed to agree with the overall point, before I said any of my "technically accurate" statements (also know as facts).

I don't really care what you think about my behavior.  I wrote a general dismissive quip to a few people being hostile and ignorant.  If I came out of the gate with the attitude that ceric, tj, oblivion, or louie have, I could see you being upset.  I didn't.  My initial post and responses are far more civil than anything they've written in response to me by a wide margin.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
Dare I ask:  how is stating that the Wii U is the most expensive console with the most expensive games misleading while being "technically accurate"?  What point am I trying to mislead people to?

I stated that economic factors were already established when the Wii U launched so it shouldn't be cited as a reason the system isn't selling more.  I don't know how this became such a controversial idea when many other people in the thread seemed to agree with the overall point, before I said any of my "technically accurate" statements (also know as facts).

I don't really care what you think about my behavior.  I wrote a general dismissive quip to a few people being hostile and ignorant.  If I came out of the gate with the attitude that ceric, tj, oblivion, or louie have, I could see you being upset. I didn't. My initial post and responses are far more civil than anything they've written in response to me by a wide margin.

Wii U games are the same price as the competition, so it's factually false to say they are more expensive. How is that so hard to understand? Something that is the same price as the competition is not MORE expensive. A $59.99 game is NOT more expensive than a $59.99 game
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2013, 05:27:22 PM »

I don't really care what you think about my behavior.  I wrote a general dismissive quip to a few people being hostile and ignorant.  If I came out of the gate with the attitude that ceric, tj, oblivion, or louie have, I could see you being upset.  I didn't.  My initial post and responses are far more civil than anything they've written in response to me by a wide margin.

I don't understand how the fact that we knew the economy was bad before the system came out somehow means it can't have been the factor in how it's sold so far. The Wii U technically has the most expensive games, in the sense that no one prices them higher, but they are the same as every other non-handheld platform. You're also technically right that no one put a gun to Nintendo's collective heads and forced them to make the system they did, but they didn't have much practical choice but to do what they did, except maybe to design something more expensive.

J.P. Corbran

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »
I don't understand how the fact that we knew the economy was bad before the system came out somehow means it can't have been the factor in how it's sold so far. The Wii U technically has the most expensive games, in the sense that no one prices them higher, but they are the same as every other non-handheld platform. You're also technically right that no one put a gun to Nintendo's collective heads and forced them to make the system they did, but they didn't have much practical choice but to do what they did, except maybe to design something more expensive.
IN your last statement, you say that the Nintendo could have made the Wii U or a more expensive console.  I don't agree with that statement and, after the success of the Wii, which had less expensive games and was a less expensive console, a cheaper system should definitely have been something worth considering (and perhaps pursuing) given the known economic situation.  I think it's far more honest to say that Wii U games have to compete with handheld games/smart device games/netflix/life and the time investment/consumer dollars for those things than it is to say that the Wii U is only in competition with PS3 and XB360--Nintendo has even stated this, too (a few times in the last couple of years, actually).  So to say that the Wii U has the most expensive games is not only "technically accurate" it also speaks more truthfully to the real-life economic environment that the Wii U exists in.  It's far less meaningful to say that the Wii U games cost the same as *whatever very small segment of the market*--I'd say that looking at things only from THAT vantage IS misleading.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
The Wii U is a game system. Its pricing is in line with other game systems. Nintendo did say they were competing with all those things and not just Sony and Microsoft, which is a thing they said because it sounded good. They are very much competing primarily with those companies, as well as with Apple to an extent.

Nintendo got extremely lucky with the Wii, and knew well enough that they weren't likely to pull that off again, so they wisely decided to go more traditional this time around. I'm fairly certain that if they'd gone lower-tech and less expensive than they did they'd be at best in the same place in terms of sales with actually less support from third parties.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »
Nintendo stated they compete with everything that uses entertainment dollars and time.  That doesn't mean that is its direct competition.  The Wii U competes directly with Sony's and Microsoft's home consoles.  Everything else is indirect competition, including handhelds and smartphones and sports events and musical concerts, etc.

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile