Author Topic: super smash bros melee talk  (Read 16603 times)

Offline ShockingAlberto

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
super smash bros melee talk
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2003, 08:39:07 PM »
Ness is great for Melees.  Especially with a charged up PK Flash.

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2003, 08:51:14 PM »
i use link, samus, dk, dr. mario, and luigi....occasionally bowser, marth, ness
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline CRiXy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2003, 09:01:58 PM »
ICE CLIMBERS ARE AWESOME!
-their attacks are damn strong, they stun well, only drawback is the doublejump

Ness licks balls now, he was the best in N64 Smash, but his attacks are so weak now.  Harsh downgraded this little kid, lol.
Live in BC? (GVRD)
Wanna trade some games?
Email or ICQ me!

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 09:19:45 PM »
I play as Marth, and I have trouble against certain characters, namely Falco and Link. I almost always win, though.

Yes, I'm bragging.

Offline 220man

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2003, 09:59:13 PM »
Sure ness can b good sumtimes but his charged up PK Flash is far to hard to hit with. HIs attacks were way stronger in the 64 version though. Ice climbers ... lets not go there.
I'm physchic. If I wanted your opinion I would have told you what it was.

Offline swimguy228

• View Profile
RE: super smash bros melee talk
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »
I have mastered the skills of the eternal understudy. I am undefeated, and shall never lose. Never have I met a worthy oppenent, and I do not expect too. Luigi is the one...

It makes me very angry to see his skills toned down in Melee.  
I pitty da fool who bought da Xbox. ~ Mr. T

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2003, 10:30:48 PM »
Luigi is horrible in Melee, just horrible.

I don't know why, but I thought it would be funny to play as Pichu with Wigger googles, only to find out that I am really good with him. Though I don't last in stock I do win in Time. Pichu is worse than Luigi though, and so is Falcon cause people can be so cheap with him.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2003, 10:46:21 PM »
i moved away from all my friends and then got a cube so i haven't really played SSB:M againsed people much :\ i did kick quite alot of ass in SSB on the 64, mostly with kirby but i was good with almost any character (jigglypuff owns okay)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2003, 11:21:28 PM »
Go Pikachu!

*Termin8 runs for his life*
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Rogue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2003, 11:49:15 PM »
I never got into playing with Marth or Roy. First I stuck with Mario and Link, but now Mewtwo seriously owns everyone. He's fast, has very good jumping ability, his recovery move has him immune to attacks (and looks damn cool), He can deflect projectiles, he's strong - so lifting heavy objects doesn't slow him down much, and he can throw them very far, oh, and his reverse and vertical throws kick ass.

He's pretty light, though, so it's easy to get smacked around sometimes.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2003, 12:44:25 AM »
Pika pika pikachu, pika cha!

Mastered so far, Fox, Mario, Link, Zelda/Shiek, Pikachu, Samus, Roy.

Mew Two is too frontal in his attacks. Get behind him and he's histroy and hes too slow to boot.

My sister handles fox like the devil. So fast it's not funny.

Zelda/Shiek has my fav due to the fact that she is so flexible it what she can do.

The thing about SSBM is that speed rules.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2003, 05:12:12 AM »
If you really want to get good with Fox, there's a simple method: play nothing but lightning melees for a month against three fast characters with you always as Fox.  I recommened Lvl. 9 Falcos, Falcons, Sheiks or anyone else with high speed racing (in your opinion; so, basically, if for some reason Bowser is too fast for you, start with his speed tier and keep moving up).  By the time you return to normal Melee, it will seem like slow-motion to you.

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2003, 05:34:05 AM »
220man - Miyamoto didn't really have much to do with Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Offline Tekkena

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2003, 06:08:56 AM »
Those that are saying Ness isn't powerful are wrong. Like I said he is very hard to master. Most people I know regards him as a slow character and weak attacks. But Ness is fast. He just can't turn around fast enough. But he does have attacks that will attack quickly behind him. Plus, he's the only character I know that can go head to head with all of Ganondorfs powerful attacks. All you need to know is when you play as Ness always be on the move. And jump alot. When you're in the air is when it's best to attack. Either attack yourself into an on comeing enemy or just stay far and high away from danger.
"I am the holder of time, the keeper of evil, and the masters of dragons......."   Tekkena

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2003, 07:31:58 AM »
My friend is an expert with Fox.  He uses his lasers very well (big advantage in bob-omb battles), and he knows how to control him without getting himself killed.  I'd say we're about equal in skill (though giving my personal opinion, I'd say I'm better ).  As for Marth. . . I just used him a lot.  I played nothing but Smash Bros for about 6 months, and I used Marth the whole way through.  I've lost practice with my counter attack, but that's it (need to reimprove my skills there).  I'm also very apt at keeping people in the air for very long periods of time, not giving them a chance to attack (though I avoid doing this, because I know that it's as annoying as heck).
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2003, 09:37:08 AM »
luigi owns his older bro
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2003, 12:02:55 PM »
All this useless online bragging...Another reason why HAL/Nintendo needs to do the sequel online.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2003, 02:25:34 PM »
Heh, I'd love to whoop all your tails

Just kidding.  Not to say that I couldn't , but I'm not going to say I can without any way of proving it.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2003, 02:46:52 PM »
Ice climbers man, ice climbers rules

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2003, 03:01:52 PM »
And here's the guy that's saying he wants a dark and serious Zelda

Nah, I know what you mean.  Pichu rocks.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2003, 11:30:49 PM »
Pichu keeps killing himself. But extreamly deadly in the right hands. Such a small target it is not funny. Ducks under half the attacks.

Fox is hell to kill on a flat level.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline 220man

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2003, 11:52:25 PM »
Pichu just damages himself all the time. Every time "it" (how do you know what XXX a pokemon is?) uses an electric attack it usually results in it dying cause it can hardly take any damage.

Dont you hate it how melee uses clones of other characters I mean why use Pichu (who damages itself) when you could use pikachu whos bigger, stronger and just plain old cooler. It's the same with Marth-Roy,Link-Young Link, Mario-Luigi-Dr. Mario, Fox-Falco, DK-Bowser (to an extent) and Ct. Falcon and Gannondorf (once again to an extent)

Why use a wierd useless stupid character when u can use there clone who's better but has practically the same moves.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MELEE CLONES?

p.s. (TO OOOOOHBOY ONLY)  Does your avatar look like you in real life? just curious. Damn u fine.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2003, 11:56:03 PM »

Originally posted by: oohhboy
Pichu keeps killing himself.

It still hasn't been confirmed Pichu and other similar organisms can be considered "male," nor female.  Please refer to such genetic [freaks] as "it."
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2003, 12:57:30 AM »
well if you want to get into it, most pokemon can be either male or female (not Nido King/Queen, for obvious reasons and the robotesque pokemon like Voltorb etc)

ahh yes the science of pokemonology

Offline 220man

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2003, 12:59:43 AM »
It still hasn't been confirmed Pichu and other similar organisms can be considered "male," nor female.  Please refer to such genetic [freaks] as "it."

Don't worry I will refer to strange organisms such as pokemon and that giant shim shiek as "it"

NOW WATTA BOUT MY CLONE QUESTION? don't you think that ninetndo could have done a better job as far as shortcuts and tagging goes?