Author Topic: You know you have a problem when...  (Read 23014 times)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: You know you have a problem when...
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2003, 06:18:23 PM »
hahahahaha!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
You know you have a problem when...
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2003, 10:28:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Marcus Arillius
And I think you've pretty much ruined your chances of getting a job at Toys r us, Grey ninja.  Undermining an employee really works against ya like that, especially if they're in good with the hiring manager.  

I guess getting the demo disc is more important than getting a job!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2003, 12:49:46 AM »
as it should be!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2003, 04:38:25 AM »
Hey PIAC,

im in $300 debt with my parents (skies of arcadia came out too soon, and i found a great deal on some logitech z640 speakers so i had to get them(thanks mum and dad)) so i guess that will wait a while

Hang on a sec - is that those 5.1 speakers on special ay EB? They look nice, damn nice. If only I had a nice computer to make use of them. $200 off is a bargain too, like half price I think...  

Offline JSasky

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2003, 08:35:36 AM »
The only problem I have with video games is not having enough casharonie to buy all the hardware and games I want.  Then again I should really finish off the ones I already own.  Working overtime and trying to maintain some semblance of a life takes away so much time from my video games *sigh*.  

Can't wait for SC2 and Vjoe...

Actually I want the whole Capcom 5 lineup.  I want to import winning eleven too, but Lik Sang is sooo... explensive.
'Take a wiff of my pant leg baby!'
-Blues Explosion

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2003, 09:50:06 AM »

Originally posted by: Shifty
Hey PIAC,

im in $300 debt with my parents (skies of arcadia came out too soon, and i found a great deal on some logitech z640 speakers so i had to get them(thanks mum and dad)) so i guess that will wait a while

Hang on a sec - is that those 5.1 speakers on special ay EB? They look nice, damn nice. If only I had a nice computer to make use of them. $200 off is a bargain too, like half price I think...

nah, they were $50 off at the Myer near me, didn't get them at EB, so check out some Myer stores i guess, if not make a big scene and they might reduce them for you (a secret i learnt working in a super market) also, unless you have a 5.1 card they wont work that well BUT you can get the Creative Live! 5.1 card for like $70-$90 depending where you go, its dead cheep

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2003, 09:53:54 AM »
I just saw Skies of Arcadia in the local pawn shop.  If I had $53.50, it would be mine.  That's VERY cheap.  The problem is that I don't get paid for another week, and I have already sold pretty much everything that can get me money real fast.  I am seriously considering pawning my GBA to get the game, as it would be a far more used item for me.  I would still need to come up with $20 on top of that, and I could probably pawn Advance Wars and Pokemon Sapphire to get that money... but I don't think I could bring myself to do that.

But I really have to wonder about myself.  I am already $600 in the hole, I have enough food to last me about a week, and I have about $1 to my name.  I seriously WANT to put myself deeper in the hole by buying the love of my... erm... the best game ever... erm... a stupid GameCube game?

This friends... is when you know you have a problem.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2003, 10:05:53 AM »
You should just wait, it's only one more week anyways.  If you do pawn your GBA you will end up regretting it later on.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2003, 10:05:57 AM »
What ever you do, do not get a credit card, otherwise you will be in real trouble. Also you cannot sell pokemon.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2003, 10:17:10 AM »

Originally posted by: DRJ
What ever you do, do not get a credit card, otherwise you will be in real trouble. Also you cannot sell pokemon.

I have 4 credit cards and have no problem what so ever.  I pay off each balance if there is one each month, and maybe some extra to cover a purchase I made that will be on the next billing period.  I also have car payment, car insurance and a insatiable appetite for games.

Grey, don't sell off the GBA, later you will regret it because you'll have to shell out for another.  The game can wait.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2003, 11:25:46 AM »
Credit card are fine as long as you pay over the minimum. i've resisted the urge to use mine because i don't know when i'd be able to pay it back, and i don't want to screw with my credit rating. That's where a lot of people screw up; they spend more than they can afford via credit, end up paying a ton on interest, especially if they only pay the minimum.

i don't know how i'll manage to get F-Zero and XGRA (yes i'm getting both, XGRA isn't an option at this point), although i have a $20 voucher for EB that should be arriving soon. i was toying with the idea of selling my SP. It's in excellent condition and it's an import, so i could possibly get a bit more for it. And selling it would insure that i'd get my Torchic/Spice SP as a replacement when i actually have money again. It's win-win.

My suggestion to you Grey Ninja is to wait. It's only a week. Even if it's gone, when you start working you can pay whatever you have to to buy it. i can't really preach about priorities since i'm spending money on games over potentially more importanty things myself.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2003, 11:48:55 AM »
Wow, that story makes me so happy I'm 14 and living under my parents roof.  
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2003, 10:45:54 PM »
Aoi, your thinking is a lot like my own.  

I have decided to wait on Skies, due in part to the simple math I did when figuring out if I can make rent this month, and due in part to my room-mate getting internet access, and me needing a longer ethernet cable to leech his bandwidth.    I need another ethernet cable anyways for my GameCube if I ever get a BBA, so it's not a total loss.  I figure that if I am REALLY careful with my money for the rest of this month, I can make rent, and get a new ethernet cable at the cost of starving my ass off while at work, and possibly my GBA.  (with the intention of buying a shiny new silver SP when I am working of course.  )

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2003, 03:49:45 PM »
Ethernate Cables are pretty cheap, just make sure its not a crossover or you might have some problems. I bought mine at Best Buy for $5.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2003, 05:52:51 PM »
Yeah, I know what a crossover cable is.  I need one at some point, but not right now.  Ethernet cables go for about $30 around here.  It's robbery, but I don't have the tools to make my own cable.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2003, 07:54:16 PM »
Grey Ninja....you should eat. Iv seen pictures of you and you are skinny. My friend saw your picture and he was like omfg.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2003, 01:27:50 AM »
Heh.  That was back in the day when I could still afford McDonalds.    Starving to death has become an increasing concern with me lately though... but I still have one flat of ramen and about 4 hot dogs left.  I should be able to survive a while yet.    I know that I am skinny, and I probably weigh less than my niece, but one day I will have money, and I will feast and feast and feast...  Maybe I might even work out if I get some more weight too.  

But truth be told, I could really care less about my health, as long as I have something to do.  Internet access is my top priority right now.    That and the garbage bag full of popcorn I can get for $8.50...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2003, 05:18:31 AM »
Damn it Grey Ninja, your no good to us DEAD.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2003, 05:48:39 AM »
But his game collection is....;-)

Just kidding.  Well, hopefully you can get some sort of regular income together soon so you can eat and have something to do at the same time!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2003, 02:24:09 PM »
to gain weight drink soda..for most people drinking excessively would be bad..but you...you need the extra calories. Soda is cheap. Be sure to supplement it with water..to prevent kidney problems. Also, eat potatos. Mashed, french fries, they are sustaining food. For skinny people like you they will prevent starvation.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2003, 04:24:34 PM »
i don't know beans about body building, but from a holisitic health position sodas are pretty horrid things to put in your body. From the high sugar content, to the calcium-leeching phosphates or zero nutritional value, you'd be better off just drinking water.

i'm pretty skinny too. i lost a good 15 pounds last year due to stress (to put it simply). It's hard enough to maintain weight when you have little food, high metabolism, and are a vegetarian. i'd work out, but it's frickin' hot here.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2003, 05:27:36 PM »
I drink soda constantly.  But at my young age it's not as bad as an adult drinking it.  And since I'm young, I don't fowl my brain and kill my liver with alcohol!  I'm trying to stop drinking it as often, but we just got a case of Dr. Pepper!  DR. PERRER for cryin' out loud! That has to be the best soda EVAH!!!! I can't help it.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2003, 06:33:12 PM »
Soda is disgusting, and if you do start weight lifting I can send you the program I do, it requires just your basic weights.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2003, 03:21:51 AM »
Dr. Pepper.  Luv the stuff. Also Mr. Pibb    But I also drink water, orange juice, lemonade, grape juice, coca cola, milk, tea, other soda's.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2003, 06:22:33 AM »
Aoi, you sound a lot like me.  I have lost a good deal of weight in the last year as well, and I have a high metabolism, and little food as well.  I am very much a meat eater when I can afford it though.  

Heh.  Soda...  Didn't know that anyone actually used that term for carbonated beverages.  

I drink a lot of pop when I have money, but when I don't, I drink about 2 gallons of water every day, and a whole lot of ramen.

Currently my diet consists of dry Corn Flakes, rationed hot dogs, and as much ramen as I can stomach in a day.  The ramen is starting to be rejected by my body though, so that's not a good sign.  I might have to find something else that's just as cheap soon.  Whenever I taste the stuff lately, I feel like I am going to be sick.  Ah well.  What can you do.  I get paid soon, so I should be able to buy some more crap.  I won't make rent this month anyways, so why not?    But like I said, survival is more than enough for me right now.  I don't care about my health.  In fact, I am sure that I will be buying a pack of cigarettes just as soon as I stabilize my finances.    I was thinking about hitting the food bank later on today though, so I might be able to get some real food.