Author Topic: You know you have a problem when...  (Read 23013 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
You know you have a problem when...
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2003, 10:55:22 PM »

It's been a couple years since i've studied Japanese, but i've one note to pass on. When referring to girls who are cute in the attractive sense, use kirei. Kawaii refers to things that are cute in the "cuddly" sense of the word, like puppies or kittens.

Kirei means beutiful. Don't use it on a teenage girl or a 25 year old. Kirei is reserved for oldr women. Kawaii is the popular term  for beutiful for girls and young women. If you use Kirei on a young women, they might take offence because you are implying that they are old, yet beutiful, which is not the case. if in doubt, use Kawaii as it is more flatering.

Kawaii does mean cute, but that can also be referred back to girls. I call girls here in New Zealand cute all the time. It means the same thing as beutiful, but without sounding like you are beening polite.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline 220man

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2003, 12:56:17 AM »
Put it this way ... if your avatar looks like you in real life then you can probably say that you are kawaii
I'm physchic. If I wanted your opinion I would have told you what it was.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2003, 02:01:04 AM »

Originally posted by: 220man
Put it this way ... if your avatar looks like you in real life then you can probably say that you are kawaii

LOL.....actually who is that chick in your avatar, oohhboy?  Natalie Portman?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
RE: You know you have a problem when...
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2003, 02:36:44 AM »
220man, you really have to get out more. I mean really get out more. It doesn't matter where, but just not here.

If I did look like that in real life, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be male either. I would be shooting Star Wars ep3. And even if iwas here and I was her, why you? WHO THE HELL DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM?!?!?OMFG

This has got to be the weirdest sh1t that has happened this month and the month before that.

I know when I have a problem now.

Atleast you managed to use it in the right context if not the right situation or person, or place.  

Offline 220man

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2003, 03:47:29 AM »
Gee thnx. I tell you why I dont get out much because unlike you grownups ... i'm still living with my parentsand I don't have to worry about rent and jap lessons and jobs etc. I love my gamecube and .... that's about it. I knew it was natalie portman ... I didn't say it wasn't geez. b!tch
I'm physchic. If I wanted your opinion I would have told you what it was.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2003, 03:33:31 PM »
Hey, 220man, I think you should go to my site. Since that is where oohhboy got the pic from. As was my original two avatars.
And stop hitting on a guy.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2003, 02:07:32 AM »
And the weird Sh1t-O-Meter hits 11 and breaks.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2003, 06:10:09 PM »
blame on the 220man!!!!
but man....that avatar IS sexy.
better head to my collection....for some release....................................................

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2003, 10:02:36 PM »
Man is that guy going to be scared for life. That guy is never going to leave his room now.

GOOD WORK termin8. May be the mods will give you a promotion for this.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2003, 11:50:26 PM »
Promotion? For what?
For telling the guy he's been hitting on a guy?
But then Natalie Portman has that effect on guys. I'll bet that if she looked in the mirror, she'd fall in love with herself too.  

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2003, 04:49:32 AM »
Your probaly getting a promotion for getting rid of the weirdos who can't handle Natalie.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2003, 09:44:08 PM »
ahhh, yeah.
i think i'll take a break from Nat now, and use the sexy Amy Lee as my avatar.
That is, until I find some new super sexy new Natalie Portman avatar.
*Goes to Google Image Search*

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2003, 10:01:46 PM »
Wouldn't she be in Sydney filming Star Wars Episode III?  Sneak in and take some pics of her!  I dare you!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2003, 10:12:16 PM »
Yeah i could, but doing so could mean i will be struck down by the force of seeing her infinte beauty in real life.
I will nothing more than a mumbling ash pile on the gorund.
Should I risk it? See her in real life on the condition that I lose my life, never to see Epsiode III, or any sex scenes that she may do in future movies?

Hmmmm, I'll think about that.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2003, 10:21:01 PM »
If I were you, I couldn't bare the thought of watching Natalie do a sex scene with another man....

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2003, 10:41:56 PM »
neither can i. actually, i think i'd just prefer her in skimpy outfits than ruin her glamourous image with some nudity. Shes going the right way in her career. But I'm not too keen on her being a vegatarian. I mean, how can you resist the temptation of a nice, juicy, tender steak? And a chicken burger? Ohhh, *drroool*, but I guess being with her would take away any feeling you have in you body anyway.
She has that effect.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2003, 10:57:45 PM »
She's a vegatarian?  I didn't know that.  I don't mind because I don't like eating a lot of meat myself...I do eat meat, it's just that I don't like to eat meat everyday.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2003, 11:02:51 PM »
beef, chicken, pork.....mmmmm
i am a meat-eater.
but that's it.
no duck, or any other bird.

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2003, 03:49:33 PM »
my advice to all of you is to swallow your pride and take a job at a fast food restaurant.  They are ALWAYS looking to hire someone, for some shift.  Trust me, I used to work fast food for four years.  As long as your availability is good, they'll hire you.  And I think you've pretty much ruined your chances of getting a job at Toys r us, Grey ninja.  Undermining an employee really works against ya like that, especially if they're in good with the hiring manager.  
it was time for a change.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2003, 07:41:18 PM »
Heh.  I swallowed my pride long ago when I started rolling pennies to buy ramen.    I have applied at A&W (I used to work there) and McDonalds so far.  I was going to apply at KFC the other day, but they wanted a resume, and I don't have enough money left on my print card to print out a copy.    As for Toys R Us, I know that I totally ruined my chances, but I needed that demo disc damnit!  

Supposedly there's a cheque in the mail for me though, so as soon as I get it, I will print out a dozen more copies of my resume and spam the hell out of all the fast food places, then buy a replacement hard drive and a cooling fan for my video card, then buy a bottle of gin and a few bottles of that new Sprite drink.  Man do I ever need that money.  

Best of it is, I will still have money left over for rent this month, assuming I don't go buy Pokemon Ruby or some crap like that, so I will have a while longer to find a job.  ANY job.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2003, 08:36:13 PM »
Sprite is to Sprite Remix as playing Gameboy games on your Gameboy is to playing Gameboy games on your Gameboy Color. There's about as much tropical (or whatever flavor that is) taste in it as there is citrus. Don't waste perfectly good gin on that stuff. Don't even waste perfectly bad gin on it.

Concerning the job issue, i'm right there with you. i've downgraded to accepting anything, which includes Wal-Mart. i suppose that includes fast food service too, but i'm somewhat of a vegetarian, and it just seems very wrong. In any case, tomorrow is "job hunt Monday" again. Time to get the ol' shirt 'n tie ready.

Consider yourself lucky for getting the demo disc. i went to EB and they weren't selling them separately, but the guy told me to check Circuit City. Circuit City didn't have any copies. i checked the nearby Target, but they didn't even receive any. i guess i'll check the pawn shop tomorrow (ya never know), but if they don't have any, i've exhausted all my sources in a 30-mile area and will have to resort to ebay. On a related note, my ebay auctions have been going fairly well, considering the crap i'm selling.

i finally got my Psychic Force 2012 back from my friend. After a quick session of Rez, i'll pop it in, and once again, for the moment, life will be good.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2003, 08:42:55 PM »

Originally posted by: aoi tsuki
Sprite is to Sprite Remix as playing Gameboy game on your Gameboy is to playing Gameboy games on your Gameboy Color. There's about as much tropical (or whatever flavor that is) taste in it as there is citrus. Don't waste perfectly good gin on that stuff. Don't even waste perfectly bad gin on it.

Actually, we here in Canada get a different flavor.  It's known as Sprite Ice in Canada, and it has a very turpentinie flavor.  I actually really like the stuff, and I think that it's base flavor would go VERY well with Gin.

Originally posted by: aoi tsuki
Concerning the job issue, i'm right there with you. i've downgraded to accepting anything, which includes Wal-Mart. i suppose that includes fast food service too, but i'm somewhat of a vegetarian, and it just seems very wrong. In any case, tomorrow is "job hunt Monday" again. Time to get the ol' shirt 'n tie ready.

Heh.  I haven't even tried Walmart yet.  It's completely across town from me, and it's a nightmare getting there, so I hadn't tried it yet.  I suppose I will try tomorrow though.  I do have a bus pass if nothing else.  I am very much a meat eater, but I can't afford it right now, so I would actually prefer a fast food job at this point, simply so that I could steal the food while I worked.  

Anyways, sorry to hear that you couldn't find the demo disc.  Myself though, I don't have a credit card, so selling crap on ebay is out of the question for me.    I still haven't ditched my copy of Unreal Tournament 2k3 though, so there is that I guess.  I am sure I could find someone at the University who likes that sort of game, and get maybe $25 for it at least.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »
ooooooooooh we have sprite ice here, and i tbh couldn't taste any difference to regular sprite, i was miffed, it looked like it contained a mint flavour or something :\ ohwell.

fellow gin drinkers ive never tried anything other than tonic with gin, speaking of which i need some more tonic... and some more gin im in $300 debt with my parents (skies of arcadia came out too soon, and i found a great deal on some logitech z640 speakers so i had to get them(thanks mum and dad)) so i guess that will wait a while

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2003, 01:59:24 PM »

Supposedly there's a cheque in the mail for me though,

Remember that first word, Supposedly.  It means the same thing as them telling you they will hold onto your resume and consider it later.  Yeah right, they file it in trash as soon as you're out of there.

Besides there is always other little things that you can do to make money.  MAKE money. hinthint.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2003, 02:03:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
beef, chicken, pork.....mmmmm
i am a meat-eater.
but that's it.