Author Topic: Anyone else here going to the Zelda Symphony Concert here in Orlando, FL?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Just curious.  I'll be there tomorrow night with my best friend, so if there's anyone else on this site going I thought it might be cool to meet before or after the show.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I had no idea this was even a thing....but no.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Even if you agreed to meet up the other Nintendo World forumers would avoid you like the plague with in the first 10 minutes of meeting. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

Also let me know if the fans yell out the name of the song once they recognize the tune. Can't stand that crap.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:19:19 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Even if you agreed to meet up the other Nintendo World forumers would avoid you like the plague with in the first 10 minutes of meeting. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

You know, if you folks don't piss me off I'm quite a genial fellow.   ;)

Also let me know if the fans yell out the name of the song once they recognize the tune. Can't stand that crap.

I just got home from the show, and it was pretty incredible despite some major technical problems with the theatre.  The crowd was extremely enthusiastic, and was totally into the performance.  Some of the reactions to the video footage was priceless, with people cringing at Link getting knocked down a hole in Link to the Past or laughing at footage of Link being assaulted by chickens.  And the entire audience just completely lost their **** when the conductor brought out a special red bag for the Wind Waker Medley and pulled out a Wind Waker replica to conduct the orchestra.  Incidentally, it's rather sad that that Wind Waker footage on the big screen still looks better than 9/10 of the Wii library.

Here was our track list as best I can remember it:

1.  Symphony of the Goddess - Medley of the Zelda theme across all Zelda titles.
2.  Zelda 2D Dungeon Medley (Zeldas 1-2, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening).
3.  Kakariko Village Theme.
4.  Ocarina of Time Medley - Part 1.
5.  Goddess Theme - Creation of Hyrule.
6.  Ocarina of Time Medley - Part 2.
7.  Wind Waker Medley.
8.  Fairy Fountain.
9.  Twilight Princess Medley.
10.  Link to the Past Medley.

Encore 1 - Link's Awakening: Ballad of the Wind Fish
Encore 2 - Ocarina of Time: Gerudo Valley
Encore 3 - Majora's Mask Medley

Despite really liking the Ballad of the Goddess from Skyward Sword, I did get a good laugh at seeing Skyward Sword in general really get kicked to the curb during this show, especially since Skyward Sword was the main reason Nintendo was doing these concerts.  The game only appeared in video form during the opening Main Anthem Medley, and it was never mentioned again.  That the concert (which was essentially my birthday present 3 months ago) ended on my favorite Zelda game, Majora's Mask, was just icing on the cake.   :D   And that Link to the Past Medley was outstanding.

Unfortunately, the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre needs to be ****ing condemned.  That theatre is tiny, has very small and uncomfortable chairs, and it also has next to no air conditioning.  That theatre was sweltering, and it's really saying something that we were all glad to be out in the Florida July air afterwards, as it was actually considerably cooler.  They also didn't put up a single piece of Zelda artwork anywhere in the building that I could see, so it was considerably less festive than I've seen in photos of other Symphony of the Goddess performances.

On an especially nice note, before tonight I had never seen another 3DS in the Wild, so I'd never Streetpassed before.  After tonight, I have 154 Streetpasses and managed to complete and/or unlock a lot of Puzzles in Puzzle Swap, including obtaining all the Puzzle Pieces you can only get through Streetpassing.  I even saw one of the guys from the Power Button podcast cross my Streetpass a few times, which was really cool.

So no, no one was shouting the names of the Zelda songs.  But this was a really energetic crowd that was really into the show, and I'd say at least half of us were sporting 3DSs and racking up the Streetpasses before the show and during intermission.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:02:54 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Sounds like you had a good time and a good audience to be with! I enjoy enthusiastic crowds and love to laugh with them, but when 5-10 guys try to name the song super loudly before anyone else it annoys to no end.

Glad you got to feel the love of street pass. I don't know what it is but when I know gamers are going to gather its the street pass that gets me even more excited than the event itself.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn