Author Topic: Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread  (Read 40497 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:58:29 PM »
A thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread. I often find myself wondering about something and can't always just google the answer for easy results.

Anyone ever hear of a news reporter getting fired for the way they did an interview or story?

And does anyone know the exact origin of powned?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »
Shouldn't vagina be spelled with a j? Furthermore, shouldn't it b spelled with a spanish j?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »

Do you mean "pwn'd" and it's variants? It's a pretty obvious deviation of "owned", with roots in leetspeak. I'd wager to bet that the word was originally little more than a typo, as the p and the o are right next to each other on your standard English keyboard.

Upon looking it up, it seems that there might be some history for the usage being more along the lines of "pawned", which is a chess term that describes being put into check by a pawn. Either way, the implication is that of a rather humiliating defeat.

The more you know! ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »
Shouldn't vagina be spelled with a j? Furthermore, shouldn't it b spelled with a spanish j?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6sLHWZnhk4

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
Do you think that we can reconstruct Zach's wife from a picture of his newest Babe?

"Anyone ever hear of a news reporter getting fired for the way they did an interview or story?"
I know this has happened from different history specials but I can't remember a specific example.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »
Anyone ever hear of a news reporter getting fired for the way they did an interview or story?

NBC fired journalist Peter Arnett for an interview with state-run Iraqi TV. On a somewhat related note, Geraldo got kicked out of Iraq... turned out to be the exact same day too.

CNN's Rick Sanchez fired was fired as an interviewee. And there's always good ole Dan Rather.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 10:00:16 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks this should be a Funhouse thread?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »
Thanks for the answers. Zap do you know the particular reasons why they got fired?

Am I the only one that thinks this should be a Funhouse thread?

This can go in the fun house, but the questions I will be asking will be totally serious.

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »
I could tell you but I could get banned. Google them.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 11:20:38 PM »
Oh right, politics! Sorry!

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »
It's not because of politics; I told Zap I'd ban him if he posted anything genuinely helpful instead of the humorous remarks he's usually known for.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
So the legend of the 3 Golden Goddesses and the Triforce has been passed down from generation to generation by the Royal Family of Hyrule for hundreds of years. What if the legend is wrong? What if the Goddesses and the Triforce are actually evil? I mean, the Triforce is keeping the series' most evil man in existence alive to wreak havoc. The people of Hyrule, especially Zelda and the Royal Family, worship the Triforce as this great gift from the gods, but I feel like Hyrule would be much better and more prosperous without it. It's nothing but trouble. Nayru, Din and Farore created life on that planet to troll them for eternity and gave them a gift that's pretty much the source of everyone's misery. The plots of most Zelda games typically revolve around those piece of **** triangles fucking things up every hundred years. Worst MacGuffin ever.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 02:08:20 AM »
The only story of make believe anyone can ever count on is One Piece. Never ever try to make sense of anything else.

Can someone tell me exactly what anti aliasing is? Did I even spell it right? And do any games do this really well today what ever it is?

RomanceDawn

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 07:31:27 AM »
So the legend of the 3 Golden Goddesses and the Triforce has been passed down from generation to generation by the Royal Family of Hyrule for hundreds of years. What if the legend is wrong? What if the Goddesses and the Triforce are actually evil? I mean, the Triforce is keeping the series' most evil man in existence alive to wreak havoc. The people of Hyrule, especially Zelda and the Royal Family, worship the Triforce as this great gift from the gods, but I feel like Hyrule would be much better and more prosperous without it. It's nothing but trouble. Nayru, Din and Farore created life on that planet to troll them for eternity and gave them a gift that's pretty much the source of everyone's misery. The plots of most Zelda games typically revolve around those piece of **** triangles fucking things up every hundred years. Worst MacGuffin ever.
There are certain elements in Wind Waker and Twlight Princess' story that seem to support that interpretation e.g. nearly every Ganon monolgue in Wind Waker.

In particular, there's Ganon's assertion that the gods had destroyed the people of Hyrule.   When one of the sages related the scene of failed attempt to execute Ganon, he put it like this, "By some divine prank, he, too, had been blessed with the chosen power of the gods."
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
Can someone tell me exactly what anti aliasing is? Did I even spell it right? And do any games do this really well today what ever it is?

Anti Aliasing is then the gpu smooths the edges of an object so that it doesn't look as jaggy.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 09:18:44 AM »
FSAA is when the GPU renders the image about 4x the resolution or higher, then scales it back down to fit the screen, resulting in no more "jaggies."
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »
This should be called the "I'm too lazy to use Google" thread.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »

If he googles it, this is bound to show up. Heck, I can barely understand what they wrote there, and I do know what anti-aliasing is at its premise.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 01:33:36 AM »

If he googles it, this is bound to show up. Heck, I can barely understand what they wrote there, and I do know what anti-aliasing is at its premise.

It's true, i'm just not that smart and that is exactly what I found. What BlacknBrandogg said made real human sense.

New Question!

In Super Mario World, 2nd area, underneath the tunnel, there was an ice stage. On the map you could view bowsers castle. If you took a blue Yoshi there and flew over the stage Yoshi would suddenly fall with no wings but something in his mouth. When you spit it out it was a constantly morphing item, it always changed into a key as well. Has anyone done this? Also was it just a glitch or was it actually something into a secret room or pathway?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:37:43 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »

I can elaborate on this a little bit. It did start as a typo (pwned) and it is specifically rooted in the Counter-Strike scene, where it spread to other games. Some of you might know I'm a language nerd and game-related terminology is an academic interest of mine. :3

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:36:12 AM »

Do you mean "pwn'd" and it's variants? It's a pretty obvious deviation of "owned", with roots in leetspeak. I'd wager to bet that the word was originally little more than a typo, as the p and the o are right next to each other on your standard English keyboard.

Upon looking it up, it seems that there might be some history for the usage being more along the lines of "pawned", which is a chess term that describes being put into check by a pawn. Either way, the implication is that of a rather humiliating defeat.

The more you know! ;)

I used to play an MMORPG called Asheron's Call, and in that game the term pawned was heavily used in PvP battles, then all of a sudden I started seeing people use pwned, and I've always thought it was a result of that.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »
If you are riding a photon from the sun to Earth, does the trip feel like 8 minutes to you?

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
Speaking of science mysteries, I was going to ask why Breathe Right strip wrappers glow when you pull them apart, but then I remembered Google and found the answer myself.  It's called triboluminescence, and it's the same thing that makes wintergreen Life Savers give off sparks when bitten.  Lots of kinds of tape do the same thing when pulled off the roll.  In a vacuum, this can even produce possibly useful amounts of x-ray radiation.  Let that terrify your little hearts this Christmas while you're taping down the wrapping paper.

It's thought to be caused by a difference in charge between the two sides of the separated material, which ends up ionizing air molecules.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:50:18 PM by UltimatePartyBear »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »
If you are riding a photon from the sun to Earth, does the trip feel like 8 minutes to you?

No. You instantly arrive at the end of the Universe whether it be Heat death or big crunch. From your perspective, everything in the universe would happen all at the same time. You would see nothing and feel nothing. To an observer on Earth, you would take 8 Minutes to arrive. This is based on the assumption that you are travelling at the absolute speed of light in a perfect vacuum.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Old sega fighting game?
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 02:33:37 AM »
Someone please help me remember this game! It was a really bad fighting game that was super amazingly hard.

You could only pick one character REX in the single player. After each battle you would start with less and less health.

There was a big sumo guy with a face on his belly, it would stick out a giant tongue to strike you. A bat man, some alien, some ugly woman who would whip her hair around.

Google has been useless.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
CNN's Rick Sanchez fired was fired as an interviewee. And there's always good ole Dan Rather.

To be fair, Sanchez was fired because he made comments basically saying that Jews controlled the media and should not be considered an oppressed minority.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
And being fired did little more than prove his point.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »
I think he would have been fired if he attacked any other religion too (well, unless he was on a certain news channel attacking a specific religion). I know if I owned a news station, I wouldn't want my employees making comments like that about any religion.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »
I wasn't making a point. The question was who was fired for doing an interview. I post a few examples. Then you cuff me and toss me in the Fair Cop squad car; meanwhile I'm like, naw way, I never tried soliciting that girl. She too skanky.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
DK Returns artwork.
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »
Has anyone seen all the concept art in Donkey Kong Country Returns? I am looking all over the internet and youtube but can't find anything.

Looking for images of all the hidden art work.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »
Hey thanks man! I saw two pieces of art that I had not unlocked myself. There are still few more left to see but that was more than I expected! I wonder what Retro was thinking with that giant wasp in the lava world?

RomanceDawn

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 03:47:41 PM »
Someone please help me remember this game! It was a really bad fighting game that was super amazingly hard.

You could only pick one character REX in the single player. After each battle you would start with less and less health.

There was a big sumo guy with a face on his belly, it would stick out a giant tongue to strike you. A bat man, some alien, some ugly woman who would whip her hair around.

Google has been useless.

Tongue of the Fat Man?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgNaiUBqKMY

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
OMG SUPER! I think thats it! I only recognized 2 characters but I swear this was once on the Sega Genesis! You found it!!!!

Yes that was it! It was known as a different game on the Genesis! Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqTpplHiXOo&feature=related

What a terrible game it was! That was an itch I could not scratch for the longest!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:29:40 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
What's the best way to store a handful of drawings on 9x12 inch paper?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »
A big leather portfolio with an outside strap or wrap. Something like this:

A messenger bag works as well.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »
Thanks Stogi. Since these are in pencil, got any idea how to keep them separated and avoid smudging?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »
If you're finished with them really cheap hairspray (like a dollar for a big can) works well to keep everything smudge free. If you're not finished, big card stock or something called "Workable Fixative" (about 5-6 bucks) can keep everything nice and neat.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »
Ah awesome. Thanks again.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
You should post em' when you have the chance. I'd like to see them.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
Lest I get hit with the site whoring charge, I'll give ya two:

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 11:56:52 AM »
Do platformers get localized for Arab and Hebrew cultures to go from right to left?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 12:37:26 AM »
Is there any way to watch youtube videos in slow motion without downloading special software?

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 04:30:19 AM »
Go to youtube.com/html5 and opt-in the trial.

Then you can watch videos at 1/2 or 1/4 reduced speed.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 08:11:28 AM »
Anyone else biphasic sleep? It's where you sleep for shorter periods of time twice-a-day.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »
Thanks Stogi! Just what I needed!

And no I sleep normal. Does your biphasic sleep bother you in any way?

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »
I think I'm gonna try that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
Cater: I had no idea that there was an official term until I decided to google it. I kinda just fell into the cycle. But no, it doesn't bother me. Actually, I think it suits me very well.

I'm the type of person who wakes up after 4 hours or so. And though I can pretty easily get back to sleep if I needed to, I feel wide awake and refreshed. So I kinda just ran with it.

But then I thought that my lack of sleep is what was making me tired in the middle of the afternoon. But instead of changing back, I just embraced taking a regular nap during that time.

Now I sleep from 3-7 am and 3-6 pm on most days. It's not on a rigid schedule or anything. If I feel tired, I go to sleep. Simple as that. But now that I don't go immediately back to sleep when I wake up 3-4 hours later, I sleep pretty much twice everyday. (That's not to say I can't stay up longer than 8-10 hours. I went roughly 40 hours this past Halloween weekend.)

It's been fantastic! During the Summer and Fall, I saw the sunrise and sunset everyday but without the grogginess. I also naturally wake up and eat a meal twice a day. Sometimes I'll have two breakfasts (my favorite meal). I also get up earlier than damn near everyone and when I go out in the evening or at night, I'm more rested and thus mentally and physically sharper than everyone else.

I also don't get annoyed with women sleeping in my bed anymore. After I Super Smashâ„¢, I leave her to pass out and I go take a shower and do my own thing for a while. When I come back, she's deep asleep which means she's not rolling over or changing positions, allowing me to pass out all the sooner. And almost always, I wake up earlier than her.

Best of all though, is the amount of real quiet time that I get. Those twilight hours when everything is dead silent outside is bliss. When it was warmer, I use to go out to my back porch and work or read or just sit and relax. Can't wait to be able to do it again.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:42:26 PM by Stogi »

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 09:11:22 PM »
Wow! Your words intrigue me! If you had a news letter i'd subscribe! Seriously that sounds nice! Especially playing Smash Bros in bed! lol

RomanceDawn

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Question about Windows Phone 7
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »
Android is open, iOS is closed. What does that make Windows Phone 7? A hybrid of both?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »
How did stegosaurs have sex?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59:30 PM »
Will tendoboy1984 reach a 1,000 comment threshold before the end of the month?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:29 AM »
Should Tendoboy be only allowed to post in this thread?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
*Takes a puff*

I wonder if birds evolved the ability to fly from the ground or from the trees? Did they glide and then fly or fly and then glide?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
*Takes a puff*

I wonder if birds evolved the ability to fly from the ground or from the trees? Did they glide and then fly or fly and then glide?
Glide then fly.  Probably underwater first.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »

I don't know but it certainly seems dangerous.

Hey where did the term "I've been Ninja'd" come from? Or how was it derived from Ninjas?

Is it basically saying someone posted the same thing I was going to post, right before me like a speedy Ninja?

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »
Yes, that's what it means.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
*Takes a puff*

I can sort of answer that. Those are, indeed, the two competing theories. Phylogenetic evidence based on the last amazing decade of dinobird discoveries in China have shown that it's a little bit of both but mostly the latter. There's some evidence to suggest that maniraptor theropods were at least competantly arboreal. They certainly had the anatomical prerequesits for flight: small size, elongate feathers, near-avian metabolism, recurved claws (for climbin'), medially-facing glenoids and a large range of motion in the shoulder and wrists (oh, and medially-oriented palms).

If you're familiar with Kevin Dial's well-supported WAIR hypothesis, that's basically a good stepping-stone to flight. Animals who are already somewhat arboreal being using their arms and elongate feathers to create lift while running up trees and/or parachuting down from them (or between trees). But flight certainly didn't evolve in a wholly terrestrial setting--that's certainly not how it worked for bats or pterosaurs, who both came from highly arboreal gliding ancestors.*

Birds did a little bit of both, and their non-avian dinosaurian ancestors had a lot of the necessary equipment already. They just co-opted it for flight later on.

*Pterosaur origins are pretty mysterious, actually. It's pretty obvious that their immediate non-flying ancestors must have been gliders, but exactly WHO that ancestor is we can't say. Aside from telling you that pterosaurs are ornithodiran archosaurs closely related to dinosauriformes, it's pretty unclear. The most basal pterosaurs known(Dimorphodon and Preondactylus) are already fully capable of powered flight.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2012, 06:03:25 PM »
Is the Final Fantasy III on the virtual console the Japanese Final Fantasy VI, or the US Final Fantasy III?

Also, which one is better?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:08:35 PM by lolmonade »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
US Final Fantasy III (Japanese 6) is the one on the VC.

It's on the list of games I'll hear the argument for best game ever for. FFIIIDS... isn't.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »
Whichever way we forced them to. High five!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
Maybe they just didn't have sex, and that's why they're extinct. They were the pandas of dinosaurs.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2012, 12:40:02 AM »
More like the NWR_insanolords of the dinosaurs. ZING!

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »
Why hasn't Sony created a new controller for their consoles? We've been using the same basic DualShock controller for the past 15 years!

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2012, 01:39:00 AM »
Because it doesn't need to change. It's fine how it is. It's almost instantly recognizable as a Playstation controller. Unless they want to allow for more input options, the Playstation controller layout will probably never change.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2012, 01:41:59 AM »
Because it doesn't need to change. It's fine how it is. It's almost instantly recognizable as a Playstation controller. Unless they want to allow for more input options, the Playstation controller layout will probably never change.

I posted this in another topic, but I'll put it here for clarity:

But the controller is the core function for playing games. A game controller is the main thing that makes video games worth playing. If every console company played it safe with their controller designs, the gaming industry would have been held back. We wouldn't have had any of the new genres that popped up during the past 20 years.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2012, 05:41:22 AM »
Seeing as how popular touchscreen devices are, what if future game consoles only came with a touchscreen controller (no buttons at all)?

We all know how popular the iPad is for gaming, and many of those games use onscreen digital buttons.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
Touch screen input in iPad games may be "popular", but it's quite possibly the shittiest input method for video games I've ever seen. Full touch is not ideal and will never be an industry standard.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:27:44 PM by Oblivion »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2012, 12:18:58 PM »
Oh, yeah. If Nintendo were to ever create a game console where it's primary controller input was that of a touchscreen and no other control options (buttons, sticks, triggers, etc.), then I'm done with gaming. Count on it.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »

The DualShock controller is terrible. People may be used to it, but it's one of the worst designs in the last 15 years.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »
LOL. What makes it terrible? I love it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »
First, the placement of the left analog stick. Second, it's so tiny. Third, the Playskool design of the face buttons (triangle, circle, square, X? Really?). Sony should look at the Xbox 360 controller, which is miles better. It's one of the reasons I never play multi-platform games on it.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2012, 01:52:36 PM »
Can you stop being so vague? What is wrong with the left analog stick? It's fine where it is. How is it tiny? What about the face buttons?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »
He's saying that the analog not being in the primary position is a problem. The controller is too small (some of us don't have dainty little girly hands :P) and the symbols on the controller seems very playskool (let's play with shapes :yay:).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
Yep, BNM nailed it.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2012, 05:47:59 PM »
I hate the Dual Shock. That controller is the reason I only buy exclusives on the PS3 and everything else on the 360. Really, it's mostly an ergonomic thing, as I don't find it at all comfortable to hold. The Classic Controller Pro is basically the same layout, but far more comfortable.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
Do you guys have large hands or something? I find it to be the most comfortable controller I've ever used.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »
I have whatever size hands that make the GameCube and Xbox 360 controllers feel perfect and the Dual Shock feel tiny and uncomfortable.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
I have the hands where my fingers get lost in the mass that is the 360 and Gamecube controller.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
Oh, yeah. GameCube controller FTW. It's the most ergonomically designed controller ever. The handles just meld into your hands perfectly. Sure, the D-pad blows, but seriously... how many 3-D polygonal games truly took advantage of that control method? Not many at all.

I, too, agree with statements above about the PS3/2/1 controller. I hate the design of the handles... they feel more like stubs than anything - and they're definitely not designed to ergonomically fit a person's hands. The analog L2/R2 triggers also suck balls, and I much prefer the 'Cube's triggers over them, too - AND I seriously wish more devs would have taken advantage of the digital "click" in the 'Cube's analog L and R triggers. Such an awesome feature.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »
GameCube controller owns all others. 360 controller is fantastic though, and this wireless Logitech XBox (original) controller I have. Though nothing is as bad as the original XBox controller (with the gigantic XBOX logo in the middle).

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
It must be nostalgia, because I love the Dualshock and hate the Cube and 360 controllers.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »
the Playskool design of the face buttons (triangle, circle, square, X? Really?). Sony should look at the Xbox 360 controller, which is miles better. It's one of the reasons I never play multi-platform games on it.

http://gizmodo.com/5622157/what-do-the-playstations-circle-x-square-and-triangle-buttons-mean

pretty interesting once you consider the meaning behind the shapes. That said, my favourite controllers are the gamecube (the wavebird specifically since i have big hands) and the xbox 360/xbox S controller. but the face button placement on the gamecube's controller has to be the most ergonomic.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
Does anyone want to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS3?

My PSN ID is PS_Man1984
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:12:29 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
I have the hands where my fingers get lost in the mass that is the 360 and Gamecube controller.

Yeah, girl's hands.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »
Burn.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2012, 01:37:07 AM »
One last thing to add, Tendoboi, please stop asking the same questions and same discusion over multiple threads. That's just the ones I am aware of for that one idea. Your qestion most definitely did not deserve to be in this thread. Instead of making new threads, you're spamming inside the threads themselves.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:06 AM »
One last thing to add, Tendoboi, please stop asking the same questions and same discusion over multiple threads. That's just the ones I am aware of for that one idea. Your qestion most definitely did not deserve to be in this thread. Instead of making new threads, you're spamming inside the threads themselves.

Dude, why are you and Oblivion ganging up on me all the time? Leave that to the moderators.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:24 AM »

Yeah, girl's hands.

Dude, I'm like 5 foot 3. Of course my hands are going to be small. Along with other parts of my body... :'(

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »

Yeah, girl's hands.

Dude, I'm like 5 foot 3. Of course my hands are going to be small. Along with other parts of my body... :'(

You poor poor man. That last bit was too much info, but whatever.

On a side note, I've been reading a lot of impressions about Sonic 4: Episode 2, and I can't believe how nitpicky some most Sonic fans are. They complain that the physics aren't exactly like the Genesis games, the music isn't as catchy as the Genesis games, the rolling in ball form doesn't feel right, etc. Are Sonic fans that hard to please? We should be lucky that SEGA / Dimps even made a new homage to the Genesis games. Sonic 4 isn't perfect, but it gets many things right. Yes Sonic Generations was better designed and had a bigger team attached to it, and it was still a great game.

Sonic has been in plenty of bad games before the Adventure games, yet the fanbase didn't complain as much as they do now. Remember Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast, the Game Gear Sonic games, etc.? People seem to think that Sonic games became bad after the Adventure series, but there were tons of bad Sonic games in the 16-bit era.

You don't see the Mario fanbase complaining this much about the New Super Mario Bros. games... We simply ignore the bad games and move on. Also, practically every Mario platformer game from the past 5 years has been phenomenal, so that's a plus.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:53:12 AM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2012, 03:18:22 AM »
I kind of want to weigh in on the controller discussion here.
DualShock - bad
360 controller - bad
Wiimote - bad
GameCube controller - bad
Wii classic controller - sort of okay

N64 and Saturn for best controllers!

Seriously, why do Sony and MS use mushy analog buttons? Roughly zero games use them, and even less use them effectively. I mean, that's what the triggers are for, right? Snappy digital buttons feel and respond so much better...

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
On the controller topic I gotta side with the dual shock over the 360 controller.   Maybe my hands are precious and dainty, but I just find it a lot more comfortable.   Just thought I would speak up and throw some support out there for my fellow dainty handed people.  Your not alone.  :)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »
Video games are like roller coasters. You must be this tall before riding. Unless you are riding the Playstation. That's teh kiddie ride.

I am not comfortable with the dual shock either. It does seem to me that there is nothing to grip. And the screw holes underneath are in spots where I rest my fingers making it very uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:05:36 PM by bustin98 »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »
I just thought of something. Do you think companies will offer cell phones with no-contract (month to month) data plans, the same way it works with tablets?

Offering a smartphone with an OPTIONAL month-to-month data plan is just like how the iPad 3G / 4G is sold with AT&T & Verizon data plans. The phones would still be able to use Wi-Fi, of course.

Is this a good idea? Do you think companies will sell smartphones like this in the future?

Samsung already offers a device like this, the Galaxy Player, which is basically a smartphone without the phone part. And we all know that the iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the phone.

Why are tablets offered with no-contract month-to-month data plans, yet smartphones require a contract?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
Cell phone companies already do this.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »
Cell phone companies already do this.

I worded that wrong. I'm thinking about something like what the tablet companies do. They sell their tablets either as standalone Wi-Fi versions, or they're tethered to an optional data plan through a cell phone carrier. The only smartphone devices that are free from contract plans are the iPod Touch and Samsung Galaxy Player. I know they aren't real phones, but the have all the same features, sans calling.

If you can get a tablet with an optional data plan, then smartphone companies should also offer the same thing. And if they do this, then smartphone prices need to come down so they are more affordable. I can get an Android tablet for only $300-$400, but an equivalent smartphone costs over $500. What gives?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »
Hey at every E3 or TGS everyone goes "my body is ready!" What is that and who started it?

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
Reggie said it during an interview I believe.

meme was born on the spot.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »

Wasn't it one of his first interviews after knowing he be taking a big spot at NoA?

It wasn't it was the Wii Fit release.

Source: Know Your Meme
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:58:26 AM by Ceric »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »

It's a quote from Reggie during the E3 2007 reveal of Wii Fit. Miyamoto and Bill Trinen were demonstrating the game onstage, and they brought Reggie out onstage. When Reggie came out, he said "my body is ready".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gc5cuekQto&feature=related

(I don't know how to post Youtube videos, the button doesn't work)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:57:36 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »
Why are Oblivion and Morari flirting?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2012, 01:51:31 AM »
Well they've got a lot in common, both being as annoying as they are. It's only natural that two of our worst forum posters would be drawn to each other.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »
Why can't insanolord completely lose his eyesight?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2012, 05:55:25 AM »

Because then he wouldn't be able to moderate the forums.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »
Why don't they just make the whole plane out of the black box?

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »

Because then he wouldn't be able to moderate the forums.

You know, there are these things called screen readers.

Also, all blinding insanolord would do is make him even better at Zen Pinball 3D than he already is.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
Outsourcing has become more common with game development. You see Japanese companies (Capcom) outsourcing development to American studios, but do American studios ever outsource to Japan?

I know that THQ, 2K Games, Ubisoft, EA, etc. have studio branches all over the world, but that's not really outsourcing if they still belong to the company.

We all know about the "made in China" phrase. Could you imagine if you played a Zelda game and it said "developed in China"?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:44:37 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
The American console market is growing while Japan's is shrinking. That's why companies like Capcom are branching out, to be able to attract western audiences. Western companies don't move into Japan because their games have limited audiences there and adopting a more Japanese style isn't worth the risk. Microsoft has funded Japanese development in order to get that kind of thing on their hardware, but that's about the extent of it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2012, 09:41:36 PM »
For me for future reference, thanks Kairon!

How to make a word into a direct link!

[*url="your link"]your text[*/url]

Remove the stars. Also, no quotes around whatever your web address is.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »
or you could always just visit the stickied thread

NWR Forums "How To" Guide For Posting

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »
Which baseball game is better, MLB: The Show or the 2K Games one?

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2012, 05:15:28 PM »
Which baseball game is better, MLB: The Show or the 2K Games one?
Neither.

MLB Power Pros. Or, in Japan, the Jikkyou Powerful Pro series... as it's called. It's simulation baseball, but with a very distinct graphical style that retains the charm of old-school NES/SNES baseball games for a modern era.

Seriously, Power Pros out sims both of the game series you mentioned. It's gooooood.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
Of the two that have had a release this year, The Show beats the 2K games every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
Yes, The Show is far, far better than 2K. Luckily 2K's losing the exclusive license soon, giving EA a chance to regain its rightful place as the king of baseball video games via the return of MVP Baseball.(MVP 2005, the last MLB game EA made, is still, in my opinion, the best baseball game ever made.)

J.P. Corbran

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »
Just how big of a weeaboo is Rachtman? :smug:

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2012, 12:17:35 AM »
I don't know where SUPER gets off calling others out as weeaboos since he moved to Japan and is obviously into cat women. He's practicaly the male version of Hannah Minx.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2012, 12:29:22 AM »
Have any of you people had a gay romance with another member? I've gotten some gay vibes between Spyke and Ian Sane.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2012, 12:34:09 AM »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2012, 12:48:04 AM »
Why do Japanese developers think they need to copy Western developers to be successful?

Look at Nintendo, they don't copy Western developers and they've been hugely successful with their game franchises.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2012, 06:13:22 AM »
Wow, I wouldn't mind being her Komono.

Have any of you people had a gay romance with another member? I've gotten some gay vibes between Spyke and Ian Sane.
This question requires further probing and evidence. This is what this thread was made for.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »
please americans, do not talk like a anime character.
this is not how normal people talk.
it is a little embarrassing too watch
because she doesnt understand she is fool.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
That comment has all levels of "No ****" attached. The rest of the comments confirms that while I was watching the video I was looking at the right place.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
Just how big of a weeaboo is Rachtman? :smug:
I just prefer muh Japanese baseball games over western-developed ones. They're more fun!

And yeah, what ShyGuy said! :P
Muh Backloggery!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
This question requires further probing and evidence. This is what this thread was made for.

It's not so much "probing and evidence" as "evidence of probing."

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:06 AM »
I can't figure out how to change the settings with my profile so the time matches up with my actual time. My time is the same as Nintendo's press conference, PST I guess. Where do I go in to fix that?

RomanceDawn

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08:47 AM »
Profile -> Look and Layout
Tutorial box out.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »
Why do people hate on Labron?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2012, 12:37:40 AM »
Jealousy.

and it's what Haters do. Hate.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
That Decision special was one of the doucheyest things I've ever seen. I he hadn't done it that way I think most people not in Cleveland would be fine with him.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »
Anyone who calls themselves "King" (and aren't actual kings) deserve to be hated.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »
That Decision special was one of the doucheyest things I've ever seen. I he hadn't done it that way I think most people not in Cleveland would be fine with him.

It was a goddamn charity event. He turned what could've been a 5 minute presser in to an hour long, prime time charity event. But I guess raising money for kids makes you a douche bag these days.

Anyone who calls themselves "King" (and aren't actual kings) deserve to be hated.

Can't help what nicknames other people give you. You usually just roll with it.

Why do people hate on Labron?

I really don't get it either.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »

It was a goddamn charity event. He turned what could've been a 5 minute presser in to an hour long, prime time charity event. But I guess raising money for kids makes you a douche bag these days.

It's great that he raised some money for kids, but it was still a douchebag move. He could have just donated money to charity and signed with the Heat quietly and respectfully. Giving the proceeds to kids doesn't absolve him of how classless the way he did it was.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2012, 03:12:02 AM »
Sure, he could've given his own money to the charity, but taking a situation that was all about him and turning it to a chance to raise oodles of cash and awareness for a great organization is more of a class act than most people give it credit for.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2012, 03:25:35 AM »
I didn't mind him until he made that one commercial where it him asking us "What should I do? Should I..." That was the opposite of class act. Thank God for MJ setting him straight in a proceeding commercial.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »
I was just bought a new car (the Lexus crapped out on me :( ).

I now own a 2007 Cadillac CTS
But I need a pdf of the Navigation System Manual

Google has been no help for me up to this point. I thought maybe another forumer may have better Google-Fu and be able to locate this item for me.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2012, 03:45:23 AM »
This might be of help. It is of an "older" 2005 model but the nav system hasn't changed during that period. For more info go here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
This might be of help. It is of an "older" 2005 model but the nav system hasn't changed during that period. For more info go here.

Thank You sir.

Had I known the 2005-2007 was the same exact system, that might have made my search easier.

As a thank you, I will post a pic of my new baby:

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2012, 12:37:00 AM »

Thank You sir.

Had I known the 2005-2007 was the same exact system, that might have made my search easier.

As a thank you, I will post a pic of my new baby:

When I go to your house I'm driving.

RomanceDawn

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
Your preferred web browser?
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
Which web browser do you prefer?

• Internet Explorer
  • Chrome
  • FireFox
  • Safari
  • Other (Opera, etc.)
I find it very odd that FireFix is no longer the most popular web browser. According to http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-monthly-201206-201206-bar , FireFox is behind Chrome and Internet Explorer in worldwide usage, with Safari in a distant 4th place. I thought people loved FireFox?

And I just recently heard about Mozilla's plans to make a mobile OS that will directly compete with Android in the open source market. I wonder how that will turn out?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:37:08 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
I don't like Chrome. I use Firefox and love it, though I remain on Firefox 4 since it's the last version that supports Freecorder.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
I'm an Opera fan. You may want to add that option. And get rid of IE completely.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
I'm an Opera fan. You may want to add that option. And get rid of IE completely.

Why should I get rid of the IE option? It's the most widely used browser in the world, due to the fact that it's pre-installed on all Windows devices.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:31 PM »
Most of IE's lead is because of places like China (which is where like 90% of current Windows XP users are)

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
Most of IE's lead is because of places like China (which is where like 90% of current Windows XP users are)

Well people do have the option of installing other web browsers. And China of all places? Why would they use an operating system designed by Americans? Doesn't their government control everything?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »
People have the option, but most "average" users don't really know that. That's why Windows PCs in Europe ask you what browser you want when you first boot it up.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:31 PM »
People have the option, but most "average" users don't really know that. That's why Windows PCs in Europe ask you what browser you want when you first boot it up.

Anyone who goes to Google.com will see their ads for Chrome, and a quick Google search will give you many different browsers to choose from.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2012, 12:15:28 AM »
Chrome really is the best...but for some reason I still use Firefox. It really annoys me that there's an update like every 5 minutes too. I'm on 13.0.1 and I remember when I was on 3.0 like 4 weeks ago.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2012, 02:11:21 AM »

Anyone who goes to Google.com will see their ads for Chrome, and a quick Google search will give you many different browsers to choose from.

Yeah, the problem is too many people don't know to do that. They don't care what kind of browser they use because they don't know that IE is terrible and that there are options. They don't know what a browser is. They just see it as the internet.

Chrome really is the best...but for some reason I still use Firefox. It really annoys me that there's an update like every 5 minutes too. I'm on 13.0.1 and I remember when I was on 3.0 like 4 weeks ago.

I hate that **** too. I've been trying to ween myself to Chrome, but Fire Fox has all my saved passwords.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
Chrome is worse, they are up to like Chrome 23 with all of their updates. And I don't see any way Chrome is better from my experience.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
Except Chrome updates in the background, so I never have to wait for it. Firefox's updates are bad because they get in the way, which Chrome's don't.

The only way Firefox is better in my experience is in adding search engines, which the Mycroft project does an awesome job of. At times I've opened Firefox, added the search engine I wanted, then switched to Chrome and used the import tool to bring it over. Basically everything else is better in Chrome.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »
I don't want it to update automatically because sometimes the changes are bad. I would be pissed if I couldn't use Freecorder anymore. Pleas tell me why you think Chrome is better?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
Chrome with LastPass and Adblock = the best browsing experience.

I don't see any ads, even in videos that intentionally have breaks for them (e.g. Dailyshow, South Park Studios, Youtube). I also don't have to manually sign in anywhere. Lastpass allows me to customize sites to auto-login, auto-fill, ask me to log in or just plain **** off until I click the login button. For instance, for my private torrent site it auto-logs me in. For gmail, it waits until I click the form because I have multiple accounts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
Firefox also has both of those features.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »
Yeah, but it's not as quick as chrome. Also Firefox is a ram hog and if you leave it on long enough it'll eventually use up more and more ram.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2012, 06:20:57 AM »
I initially switched to Chrome because Firefox just felt sluggish, but I stayed with it because I really like the interface. I didn't think I would be at first, but I'm a huge fan of the unified search and address bar, which I believe Firefox has since added as an option. I also really like the way it keeps each tab as a separate process, so if one tab crashes the rest of them are unaffected. And with the recent introduction of Chrome for iOS, the sync features have been great for me.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
I just got my new laptop so I put all of the web browsers on it. Still sticking with Opera because the Opera Mini for iOS syncs really well with the computer version, more so than the Chrome app for iOS.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2012, 06:36:53 AM »
What more could you ask for in the Chrome iOS sync?

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
For an Opera iOS sync? :P

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »
Oh, I thought you were saying Opera Mini did a better job of syncing than iOS Chrome, which seems like it would be tough to do. Really, though, what I'd love is if iCab Mobile for iOS could sync with Chrome, because that's hands down the best browser on iOS. It does sync with Firefox, though.

J.P. Corbran

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2012, 05:09:23 PM »
Does Safari for iOS sync with Safari for Windows?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
Yes, if you set it up to do so.

J.P. Corbran

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2012, 06:05:17 PM »
Why do 3DS Virtual Console games have such low volume, while 3D Classics games have a much higher volume? Can't Nintendo release a patch so all games output at the same volume?