Author Topic: Quake/Tsunami hit Japan  (Read 13452 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Quake/Tsunami hit Japan
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
It's really a shame that this Nuclear situation has become such an ordeal. As if leveling cities and killing 13,000+ wasn't enough.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2011, 03:00:00 AM »
The first week the plant started to melt down salt sold out in basically every single store in China.  A bunch of crazy rumors spread saying everything from most of the salt being shipped to help stop radiation poisoning, to people believing they needed it in case of fallout, to salt in the ocean being irradiated.  For whatever reason it sparked people to buy salt which sparked even more people to buy salt simply because they realized other people were buying it all for some reason and there might not be any left for them.  The next week the government did something to allow people to return salt and get money back from being way overcharged.

It was pretty funny but the problem was I actually ran out of salt around the time and it was a pain in the ass to find a small bag that wasn't overpriced.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 12:46:06 AM »
My cousins have been planning a trip to Japan for about year, it's scheduled in July. Should they cancel?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2011, 12:52:12 AM »
They should go to Thailand instead. That place is amazing.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 01:11:07 AM »
NO!

No need to cancel, unless they are going straight up to the devastated Tsunami hit coast or want to swim off the coast of Fukushima, otherwise it's business as usual everywhere else. Just use a little common sense and avoid the disaster zones.

However when they do go, with places like Tokyo, they should do their best to save power while they are there. With so many reactors knocked out, there is a large shortfall in power that isn't going to be recoverable anytime soon. Unless they want to contribute rolling black outs, they must help save power. It's going to be hard since July is pretty warm and using the AC would be start to look rather tempting.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 03:34:35 AM »
Come to London, the only place on the planet where you're likely to be needing an umbrella in July three years and counting!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »
Britain doesn't have weather, it has British misery.

Auckland on the other hand was four seasons in a day.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2011, 04:10:53 AM »
I've been itching to go to New Zealand for a while now. It's just so damn far.

I was thinking about buying a one way ticket and becoming a bum, couchsurfing my way around till I found a girl who'd take me in. I'd be useless, but charming, and for a while, I'd get away with it. Eventually though, she'll get pissed enough to bitch about it. That's when I'd find a job, probably whoring myself out (since it's legal out there), making just enough money to buy a ticket to Australia and do it all over again.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2011, 05:00:58 AM »
Britain doesn't have weather, it has British misery.

Bingo. It's April and we've had 3 WARM (above 20 degrees C) temperature days in 2011.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »
I've been itching to go to New Zealand for a while now. It's just so damn far.

I was thinking about buying a one way ticket and becoming a bum, couchsurfing my way around till I found a girl who'd take me in. I'd be useless, but charming, and for a while, I'd get away with it. Eventually though, she'll get pissed enough to bitch about it. That's when I'd find a job, probably whoring myself out (since it's legal out there), making just enough money to buy a ticket to Australia and do it all over again.

I have heard this sentiment before on this forum.
*goes searching*
I can't find it.  It was when Rabicle, I believe, was coming over from the Land Down under.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »
I don't doubt it. Rabicle seems to have my world view.