Author Topic: Pilotwings Resort Free Flight Mode Location Guides?  (Read 14005 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Pilotwings Resort Free Flight Mode Location Guides?
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:13:05 PM »
I love Pilotwings Resort. I've gotten every class except the Diamond Class, and I've gotten every location, balloon, and trick ring for the plane. But I need help with the balloons, Mii Statues, and Gold Rings of the other two vehicles.

I have only 3 balloons left altogether (two with the rocket belt and one with the glider), six Mii trophies left, and six Gold Rings left. I need help! DX

I was wondering if there are any guides online, or hell, maybe one of NWR's finest members could help me?

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Pilotwings Resort Free Flight Mode Location Guides?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:41:48 PM »
wouldn't helping you hurt your replay value with the game? It's not that long I say just look for yourself.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »
I've logged over 70 hours in the game so far. I'm pretty sure I have my replay value there.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »
Damn, and here I was today surprised when I found out that I've spent so far around 12 hours with SSF4.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
I've got all locations, all balloons, and all trophies. I have one more stunt ring and two more gold rings left to find...and it's driving me crazy. Yet somehow I'm not bored with it, and I'm not usually a completionist.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
OMG, is it me or is this game really freakin hard?  Like, Mega Man hard.  I too am not a completionist, so normally I wouldn't care, but something about this game, I must get 3 stars on everything mission or I will hate myself forever.  This sucks.  I'm Asian.  I'm usually really good at video games!

I'm on what I believe to be the final class of missions (Platinum?), and this game is just kicking my butt.  I've tried the stupid balloon popping, boat and plane chasing mission about 40 times now, and not only am I unable to get 3 stars, I've only replicated my 2 star rating once.  I've turned off 3D because I keep twisting like a maniac trying to make the turns in the cave.

This is getting too stressful.  I'm going to try to put it down and play something less stressful, like the FF4 remake on DS.  That's right.  I'm thinking that that game is a cakewalk compared to this.

I'm going to appropriate something I hear James Jones say a lot on the RFN podcast. 

"**** You, Game."

Aah...FYG, Pilotwings Resort.  FYG!  All that soothing Jazz music is a lie!

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
The reward for getting three stars in every mission is like a kick in the face for fans of the series.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »
Actually, leahsdad, there's a Diamond rank. Good luck.

Also: I got the rest of the balloons and all the gold rings. All I need are two wii trophies.

Offline gojira

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
I got 100% on the free flight mode.  It's funny how the last ones are seemingly always in places you've been through 100 times before.  They're just on the side of the thing you never go to the side of.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
Finally got 100% in Free Flight, the last ones for me were gold rings out in the middle of nowhere over the ocean.  Wish there was more of a reward to completing it though...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:28:09 PM by KnowsNothing »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 10:16:25 PM »
Got my 100% 3 days ago. Now gonna master Mission mode.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
Okay, I've 3 starred the Turbo Jet Diamond mission, 2 starred the Super Jet Pack Diamond Mission, and am too much of a wimp to try the Pedal Glider Diamond Mission.  But I'm getting there.

With that said, is it me, or is this a seriously underrated game?  I really don't think a lot of reviewers finished (aka 3 starred or perfected) this game.  And there's a lot of things people wrote about that seem just plain wrong, like what people said about the music being "jazzy."   I don't know if you could peg it down so easily.  The music really complements the game well, from the very beginning of missions to the sound effects at the end.  The music really seems to inspire this sense of wonder and freedom--- it seems like the musical equivalent of a Miyazaki film, specifically Porco Rosso or Kiki's Delivery Service.  And there are so many subtle but complete touches, from the menu design, the way free flight opens up, the way the aircraft all control.  In a very non-splashy, very subdued way, this is a really excellently crafted game.  And the way this game really sinks its teeth into you and gets you addicted.  Everyone I've talked to has agreed that by about the 3rd or 4th mission, it was pretty much it.   You get hooked.

If I hadn't known better, I would've assumed this was an EAD or First-Party game (instead of being from Monster Games, ala ExciteTruck and Bots).

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 04:50:58 AM »
I absolutely adore this game. Sixteen hours 'til perfection on both mission and free flight modes. I started with a Guest Mii profile, then decided to make my own and started again after earning the Diamond class. That one last gold ring is one many people have trouble with. Gamefaqs helped me with that last one I'm afraid. Some of those Mii Trophies in the town were a l'il tricky, too.

Hardest mission for me was taking those three photos. Ugh!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
Okay, I've 3 starred the Turbo Jet Diamond mission, 2 starred the Super Jet Pack Diamond Mission, and am too much of a wimp to try the Pedal Glider Diamond Mission.  But I'm getting there.

With that said, is it me, or is this a seriously underrated game?  I really don't think a lot of reviewers finished (aka 3 starred or perfected) this game.  And there's a lot of things people wrote about that seem just plain wrong, like what people said about the music being "jazzy."   I don't know if you could peg it down so easily.  The music really complements the game well, from the very beginning of missions to the sound effects at the end.  The music really seems to inspire this sense of wonder and freedom--- it seems like the musical equivalent of a Miyazaki film, specifically Porco Rosso or Kiki's Delivery Service.  And there are so many subtle but complete touches, from the menu design, the way free flight opens up, the way the aircraft all control.  In a very non-splashy, very subdued way, this is a really excellently crafted game.  And the way this game really sinks its teeth into you and gets you addicted.  Everyone I've talked to has agreed that by about the 3rd or 4th mission, it was pretty much it.   You get hooked.

If I hadn't known better, I would've assumed this was an EAD or First-Party game (instead of being from Monster Games, ala ExciteTruck and Bots).

Excitetruck/bot are excellent games if a bit shortish.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.