Author Topic: Bio's updated Sonic Adventure DX thread.  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Biohazard

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bio's updated Sonic Adventure DX thread.
« on: May 02, 2003, 05:28:52 PM »
Hey all.

Anyways, if you can, try to remember months ago when I told you how great Sonic Adventure DX was.  We'll, it's comming out next month and I just though I'd like to fill you in on some of the essentails if your worried about this purchase.  Believe me this is a worthy purchase and if you don't buy it...I will hunt you down and...make you buy it O_o.

So far we know about Sonic Adventure DX:
60 new missions
6 selectable characters with there own story and adventure
12 of the Sonic Game Gear games.
Updated Graphics that make Sonic have new life on an old game
NEW areas that are said to bring the game a "whole new twist".
Update Choa gardens to transfer and connect with Sonic Advance 1, 2 and Sonic Pinball Party.
Best game ever...ok we'll I added this but hell it's true :-p.

It does have some negatives though so I thought I'd tell ya here.  The framerate seems not to be stable at high speed times (for those stiffler framerate people).  Yes, the game also suffers from Slowdown.  All the negatives however are outweighed by the postives.  I hope you all pick this up.  Let me also mention this game retails for 39.99!

Questions, Comments, Confusion...post here about Sonic Adventure DX.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
Bio's updated Sonic Adventure DX thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 11:23:17 AM »
They've spent their time making Sonic as shiny as possible. Look at that Chaos 0 video IGN recently posted, that's one shiny Sonic.

Still, though, you'd think a port of a 1998 (yes, 98, I don't care when it was released in America) Dreamcast game wouldn't suffer from slowdown, but actually have a faster framerate. (Are they trying for 60 and the dips down to 30 are what people are noticing? Or are they still staying at 30 and getting the dips anyway?)

I like the idea of DX, and what they're doing looks good, but I really wish they'd spend an extra two or three months on it. There's been some DRASTIC changes between now and some of the first screenshots released just two to three months ago (and they didn't seem to even have a great deal ported over yet then), they're really cramming the work on this thing (it's like it was a back project for a couple of months, and then suddenly Sonic Team decided to focus on it and double or quadruple the staff working on it), and I'm just worried in the end it's not going to get the extra effort they intended. Videos of Windy Valley still show off awkward cameras and pop-up on a DC level, if they're still working on that, how much time are they going to have left to really add a lot of bonuses and extras? The 12 GG games and the 50-60 extra Missions are a given, but I think they had planned for a lot more and they just aren't going to have time. And a port like this doesn't usually get bumped until it's refined, it's low priority, it just gets released.

I'm going to buy it anyway, though. Even the promise of some of the extras, like new scenes and a different ending, are enough to get this Sonic fan's wallet open. :P  

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
RE: Bio's updated Sonic Adventure DX thread.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 11:00:38 AM »
"I'm going to buy it anyway, though. Even the promise of some of the extras, like new scenes and a different ending, are enough to get this Sonic fan's wallet open. "

agreed .  I also agree with you about some of the problems as well, this is gamecube hardware...and to have theese problems in a first gen DC game...eh.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Bio's updated Sonic Adventure DX thread.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 01:03:39 PM »
I'd buy this game if it was just a straight port of Sonic Adventure.

What can I say? I'm a huge Sonic fanboy..

But wow, the inclusion of the Game Gear/Master System games is FANTASTIC.

*Dreams of taking Soinc around on the hang glider in Sonic 2*