Author Topic: Nintendo has something even bigger...  (Read 16245 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Nintendo has something even bigger...
« on: April 24, 2003, 01:47:18 AM »
*puts on speculation hat*

While i was picking my jaw up from the floor after staring at the Rogue Squadron 3 and Mario Kart: Double Dash screenshots for hours, i thought to myself, why are Nintendo showing us these games already. Why ruin the surprise? Well, could the reason be that they have something really big to show us at E3. It appears they are getting the initial shock and awe proccess of RS3 and MK: DD (not to mention Pikmin 2, Advance Wars 2, Kirbys Air Ride etc.) over and done with so they dont overshadow this surprise game at the actual show. I mean there is always a surprise at E3 right? So now Mario Kart and Rogue Squadron 3 have been crossed off that list. What will be Nintendo's MAIN attraction at E3? Could it be a 3D pokemon RPG? Could it be a revolutionary new genre/franchise? Mario 128? I guess we'll find out. Nintendo have something HUGE brewing and E3 is the place where its all gonna be unveiled. Does anyone follow me?

*takes off speculation hat, starts playing Metroid Prime*

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 02:29:55 AM »
*puts on speculation hat* mmmmmm mario fresh
that actually makes alot of sence, perhaps they will tell us about a game that we have never heard of!!! ICE CLIMBERS GC!!!!

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 04:02:22 AM »
*Steals speculation hat off PIAC and puts it on*

Didn't they say that there was another Pokemon game other than the Box thing?
We'll probably see it at E3.
Or it could be Earthbound Cubed!!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 06:38:00 AM »
*takes a go at the speculation hat*

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I recall Nintendo saying they wanted to put more emphasis on 3rd party titles this year. Perhaps this is why they showed some of their own games a little early?
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Berbs42

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 06:52:55 AM »

Originally posted by: Hedorah64
...Nintendo saying they wanted to put more emphasis on 3rd party titles this year. ...

I'd have to agree with that rational.

I'm sure there are still some great Nintendo titles yet to be revealed, but letting this info out early will take a lot of the spotlight off the big N, and allow more 3rd party titles to step up and be noticed.

- Berbs

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 06:53:41 AM »
*spec hat*

Or perhaps they simply want to build up hype for the press beforehand, so the press WANT to go to the Nintendo booths right off the bat.

But as they say there's supposed to be more stuff today AND on Monday, it wouldn't surprise me if they've been working hard on other titles, too, that they're going to surprise everyone with on the showfloor.

Offline Ninten_DOH!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 06:55:02 AM »
They said on their official E3 website that they are gonna have BIG surprises this year so i wouldnt doubt it

Offline TheGlueBubble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2003, 07:04:17 AM »
*grabs speculation hat*

A new second party. Maybe Treasure, maybe a large third party teaming up. Thats my geuss.
GC games: Wind Waker, OOT/MQ, Ikaruga, Mario Sunshine, SSBM,  Resident Evil, Timesplitters 2, Animal Crossing

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2003, 07:06:31 AM »
I'm surprised that they showed screen shots of Mario Kart. I expected Mario Kart to be their flagship title at E3 so they must have something that is bigger than Mario Kart. The only thing bigger than Mario Kart would be Donkey Kong or a brand new title. My guess that they will show new titles (after giving away their franchisees, EAD must have something new), and focus on third party games (Sonic Hero, Billy Hatcher, Viewtiful Joe, etc.).

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2003, 07:16:08 AM »
A Capcom Zelda game, on the CUBE!!!!!!!!  That would be how they are released so close together.....muahahahahahaha
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline odinfire

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 07:51:23 AM »
My hopes are still lingering on Kid Icarus!  Oh God how I would love to see a 3D version of the Eggplant Wizard or Medusa.  Please...Please...Please...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 08:05:03 AM »
*puts on  speculation hat*

Hmmm.  I look pretty b!tchin' in this speculation hat.

Anyway I think it's likely that Nintendo will have at least one surprise title but that doesn't mean it's going to be huge or their main attraction.  Last year Nintendo's big attractions were Mario, Metroid and Zelda.  Neither of those three were surprises.  Everyone knew they would be there and early screens had already been revealed.  The only "surprise game" of note was Wario World which didn't exactly blow the roof off or anything.  It's entirely possible that Mario Kart is Nintendo's big title for the show.  Odds are there will be something new but it won't necessarily be a new Zelda or anything.  Nintendo thus far has only shown off sequels so it's probably safe to say that any surprise game is something completely new.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2003, 09:09:05 AM »
*takes speculation head and throws it away because of unhygienic headskinsharing and danger of SARS*

I think its pretty clear that we will see Mario 128 and Pokemon, I actually believe that the surprise will be much bigger, something none of us would have ever expected.

*pours petrol over the hat, lights it on fire and accidentally burns his testicle hair
LZ 2005

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2003, 09:37:41 AM »

My hopes are still lingering on Kid Icarus!

I need that game to happen!!!  Although 2.5 d is better than 3d.  I loved that game.  I bought that and metroid the same day....ahhh, the memories.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2003, 09:56:06 AM »
Why do you people believe that it wont work with full 3D?
It worked with Mario, Metroid, Zelda, everything!
They might have to change the games concept a little ( I cant judge never played the game) but that doesnt mean it can be great.
LZ 2005

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2003, 10:36:57 AM »
I cant believe nobody has mentioned ONLINE PLAY,  or some extreme LAN play!

Think about it Mario Kart, F-Zero, Pikmin2, and dare i say it Rogue Squadron III, and how about that new "AAA Title" from Climax(First person shooter).

Or maybe some kind of big Gamespy partnership to get this stuff online?  

Offline Marufy007

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2003, 10:42:25 AM »
if they want to surprise me big at E3 this year, plus focus on 3rd party support, then give me Final Fantasy 12 EXCLUSIVE!!!!!

then i will be shocked, piss my pants, whatever!  
Save the best for last!
CLASS OF 99!!!
Maruf

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2003, 11:20:53 AM »
you know what would be great- if nintendo really did aquire treasure and had them make a kid icarus sequal
man that would be great
i call the big one bitey.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 11:30:47 AM »
it's defidently something with zelda. just take a look at about the last page of the new nintendo power.  it's link.  for GBA? for GC?
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2003, 11:46:30 AM »
They showed a few screenshots of Mario Kart. Big deal. They have to leak a little bit of info to get us hyped. Once, we get to see the game at E3, we'll get the real deal. Who knows what else is in the game?

And about Rebel Strike....Lucasarts is the publisher of that game. While Factor 5, pretty much a Nintendo developer except with free will (they even designed part of the GCN), is developing it, Lucasarts is the one that decided to show it to EGM. And besides, it sort of makes sense. Tell some details before E3. Then show the game in motion at E3...

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2003, 11:54:06 AM »
:burns hat:

Ok now since that was delt with erm...

Nice assumption, Nintendo could reveal something big at e3 cause Mario Kart does not get me excited at all.  Hopefully something along the lines of a non cell shaded zelda, or a classic Mario 3.  Hell I'd be happy if Super Mario Advance 4 is Mario 3 and to put icing on the cake exclusive Sonic Adventure 3.

oh yea sorry about the hat :-\
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline misterd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2003, 12:01:31 PM »
If I can remind everyone Nintendo's line up was accidentally leaked about a month early last year, and, once E3 happened,  fans B&C'd that there were no suprises.

Didn't keep Nintendo from almost universally being declared last year's "winner".

Nintendo may have simply decided to take a preemptive track this year, announcing this on their own terms. But I would not be suprised if all of Nintendo's lineup was seen before E3 this year.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2003, 12:08:23 PM »
Duck Hunt GC!

Bring it on!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2003, 12:29:26 PM »
SSB 3?

LAN/Online capability?

More charachters?

More advancements?

More stages?

Better graphics?

Make a charachter/stage feature?

Endless possibility?

"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Samwise Gamgee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2003, 01:53:23 PM »
ice climbers?? kid icarus?? come on?? do u think that they would be E3 flsgship titles over mario kart??? no, it gotta be somthing huge!

well first of all, mario 128, we'll see what thats about at E3! but i think a realistic.............. ok........ POLYGONAL zelda game with great graphics wouyld blow E3 out of the water

Edited: This is not your place to rant about politics. -Bloodworth
"I made a promise! A promis; Don't you leave him Samewise Gamgee, and i don't mean to, i don't mean to!"