Author Topic: Gamecube 2  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Rich

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gamecube 2
« on: April 18, 2003, 07:05:29 PM »
Hey, I was wondering how you guys thought the gamecube 2 should be built to be the best out of the 3 next gens. You know like who should build the the GPU and CPU, who should handle the sound board, stuff like that. I was thinking that the GPU and CPU should be taken care of buy ATi and IBM, but then again I'm not as smart as some of the rest of you guys. If you have any opinion at all feel free to share it.

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 08:58:50 AM »
Simple answer:  make it have appropriate hardware for games.   I don't care about system specs.  As long as they work and allow developers to create good games, I'll be happy.  Ummm...if it is a Nintendo system that is just as fast and efficient as the other systems, I'm sure it will be fine.
What's that smell?

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 10:30:17 AM »
Prodding in the dark because frankly no one knows what the fiscal world will be like in 2 years

GPU by ATi
CPU by IBM (still on a RISC architecture)
APU by Creative (not a sound guy so can't really guess there)
Blu-Ray by Matsushita
RAM...god there is an ongoing debate on that, who knows.

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 10:51:06 AM »
RAM??? A lot maybe?  
What kind is very different matter.
What's that smell?

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 08:55:50 AM »
the nect cube needs blue ray so bad...and they should make their discs double layered for twice the memory. that would be nice and then we could see games like ff on the cube. the most important thing is to have everything on the gc work on the next console. thats something that is very much needed. that will ensure old gc owners a purchase and allow old gc games to be sold super cheap and maybe smaller companies could still dev for gc and we could play them on the gc 2.  
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 01:28:09 PM »
Eh.. if a regular DVD hasn't really been filled then it is not exactly neccisary to move up to blu-ray (not blue ray)

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 03:09:08 PM »
It would help developers become even lazier when it comes to optimizing games....
What's that smell?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 03:21:34 AM »
There are better(Bigger) storage mediums in the making that can be used in a pracital manner than the blu-ray. Why is everybody so hung-up on blue-ray? It mean it isn't a hop away from DVD in storage space and DVD has only recently become a viable subsitute to VHS(except recording). When something that turely leaps ahead of DVD, then I will support it.

RAM-Mosys.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Tael

• View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 06:12:08 AM »

Originally posted by: manunited4eva22
APU by Creative (not a sound guy so can't really guess there)
Creative aren't as great as a lot of people think they are, they just have a lot of brand name recognition, and like to exploit it.

Offline Cooolcorey

• View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 06:59:30 PM »
Blue ray is quite new, and I'd imagine it to be quite expensive as well. I don't see Nintendo going with it for the next round, but possibly the round after that. I like the idea of having the same size disk with double layering. There are also CD-ROM drives on the market with multiple lasers. I think Nintendo should incorporate two lasers, that way they can either read information on one layer and information on the other layer at the same time, or just to make games load faster.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
Gamecube 2
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2003, 07:22:23 AM »
I know they aren't all that great, but then again I couldn't see Nintendo with Nvidia or especially a company like turtle beach.