Author Topic: X-Men Origins: Wolverine  (Read 11089 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »
Umm...Catwoman isn't from Marvel Comics...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 02:02:30 AM »
I just saw this movie, and I gotta say it was better than what the critics try to portray it as, but I have a few questions.

1) Who was the black guy that could teleport? I don't remember his character from any marvel comic & the same goes for the guy that Charlie from Lost was playing too.

2) Were Wolverine & Sabertooth brothers in the comics? I don't remember that at all.

3) I don't know much about Deadpool, but did he really get his powers from the Weapon X program? I know they took some liberties on the story and all but does Deadpool at any point in the comics have a collection of powers like that? It seemed like what Mr. Sinister was trying to do in the new Xmen cartoon.

If anybody can catch me up on Deadpool or point me to a character profile and background history that would be great too.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 04:14:10 AM »
Just saw the movie today myself. I liked it better than Xmen 3.

1. He was apparently an obscure character named John Wraith, but his appearance and gun looked like he was based on Bishop. The Hobbit was Chris Bradley aka Bolt another obscure character.
2. Did they ever call him Sabretooth in this movie? There was a character named Dog Logan in the Origin Wolverine comic who may have been Wolverine's brother and may have later became Sabretooth.
3. Deadpool got a healing factor from Wolverine through the Weapon X program. He has no other powers AFAIK.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Deadpool

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 04:46:01 AM »
thanx for the link.

In the game X-men Legends II Deadpool could teleport, that was a surprise to me.
To see him do everything he did in the movie was just crazy

edit: Deadpool has a f'd up history. I hope he cut out most of that mess for the upcoming movie.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:58:30 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 04:54:03 AM »
Almost every mutant in this movie seemed to have super strength, resistance and agility.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 06:07:15 AM »
THEY MADE WOLVERINES CLAWS LOOK GOD AWFUL WITH THE CGI

three xmen movies and wolverines claws are fine, devote a whole movie to that character and you **** up his trademark weapons?? wtf man, wtf!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 06:15:02 AM »
I watched it earlier in the week and i walked out feeling hungry and meh.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »
the claws did look weird, but you can't go into the movie trying to nitpick everything, or maybe i just really wanted to like it & the girl I went with was really into it, so I was too.

I was willing to overlook certain things in the movie just so I wouldn't be over critical and take myself out of the experience. Like wolverines claws looking like a 1st year CGI student at Dan's School for Animation did the effect making them look too silvery, or the fact that now Gambit was over agile & took a few abilities from the game Xmen Legends II, or the fact that Deadpool had swords coming out of his hands that were so long, that he wouldn't be ale to bend his arm if he had them retracted, not to mention swords coming out of his hands and the cyclops eyes (did they also steal teleportation from his power set in Xmen Legends II?).

The helicopter scene was much better than people had said it was, and the action in general I thought was done pretty well, barring a few effects that made things look a little weird, like motorcycle coming out the exploding barn scene.

I find how they treated Deadpool a little weird considering they knew they planned on doing a movie just for him after this movie made its mark in the theater. How doe they explain away the sword claw & the cyclops eyes (& the teleportation if he's not supposed to do that).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »
My guess is they will either take away most of his powers or reveal it was a clone of his body.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
i went in not expecting much because the trailers looked so cheesy, and i was surprised i enjoyed it as much as i did (my initial impressions based on trailers made me think i'd end up walking out on it) but of all the things i can overlook, the claws just arent one of them.

as for the deadpool spinoffs, there wasnt much of deadpool in the movie anyway so they might do an origin type movie based on him before they used him as weapon 11. or they can just not give a ****, i dont care lol
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »
I read the bio on marvel.com and I'm not sure I want to see an origins. Atleast not one faithful to that mess of a history.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Ryan Reynolds on Deadpool Movie
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21565
Going back to MTV, actor Ryan Reynolds told the network about his involvement in developing the property. "I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way," he said. "To their credit -- the studio's credit -- they want to make an authentic 'Deadpool' movie; they want to make it as close to the source material as possible. He's going to be the Merc with the Mouth, [we're going to give] all those answers that everyone wants. He's going to have the scarred-up face, he's going to be in the suit — and, it's going to be incredible."

I hope Deadpool turns out much better than he did in Wolverine, but RR did express his dislike of how they handled the character in XMO: Wolverine so I have faith. I imagine they regrow his body and he loses the Cyclops eyes and Baraka blades since he already regained access to his mouth.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:27:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21565
Going back to MTV, actor Ryan Reynolds told the network about his involvement in developing the property. "I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way," he said. "To their credit -- the studio's credit -- they want to make an authentic 'Deadpool' movie; they want to make it as close to the source material as possible. He's going to be the Merc with the Mouth, [we're going to give] all those answers that everyone wants. He's going to have the scarred-up face, he's going to be in the suit — and, it's going to be incredible."

I hope Deadpool turns out much better than he did in Wolverine, but RR did express his dislike of how they handled the character in XMO: Wolverine so I have faith. I imagine they regrow his body and he loses the Cyclops eyes and Baraka blades since he already regained access to his mouth.

Or they can just go the Punisher route and announce it him as a rebooted character that'll have nothing to do with XO:W. Unless they want to include him in the Avengers movie for some reason, there is no reason that the universe the Deadpool movie is based in should have anything to do with any other Marvel characters.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 02:12:22 AM »
Deadpool has a technology-based teleporter in some of the comics.  I remembered him teleporting in MUA, and I thought the only mutant ability he had was healing factor, so I looked it up, and that's what Wikipedia says about it.

As far as Wolverine and Sabretooth go, a blood relation was apparently something considered as a possibility a while back, but somewhere along the lines someone wrote in that blood tests were done, and the two actually aren't related, unlike what the movie's universe is now depicting.