Author Topic: Red Steel 2  (Read 10311 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Red Steel 2
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »
nah Red Steel had many a flaw, but I liked it.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »
Pokemon Snap was great, don't get me wrong, but I beat it in probably 3 or 4 hours.

Very true... the game was made to be an epic rental experience and nothing more, sadly.

Still, I will take three hours of gaming bliss over however many hours of mediocrity that Red Steel gave me before I lost interest and went back to Wii Sports with the intent of never playing it again.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »
I'll snap Pikachu's spine. Red Steel 2 is one of two reason's I haven't put Ubisoft on my blacklist.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 02:47:33 PM »
I received the first one as a present (used) and haven't even tried it yet.  I really should give it a go to see what the excitement is all about.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
you'd have to travel back to wii's launch and play it on day one to feel that excitement
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 03:30:27 PM »
Where did this news (if you can call it that) come from?

Red Steel had more than enough promise to make me look forward to a non-rushed sequel.  Most of its problems came from unfamiliarity with the Wii remote and a management decision to shove it out the door for the launch.  And consider this: If Red Steel hadn't made those control mistakes and provided a highly visible lesson for the whole industry, would someone else have made those mistakes later, possibly even Retro?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
Where did this news (if you can call it that) come from?

Probably here.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
Red Steel's most overlooked problem was its inexcusable AI.  Why oh why did enemies duck behind explosive containers to find "cover?"  How is it they could stand next to me and still miss?

It was almost hilarious how easy they were to kill.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »
With the control scheme presented in Red Steel, even I found it rather difficult to aim at two feet away!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 08:05:37 PM »
Yeah, I think part of the AI's stupidity was to compensate for your pathetically slow turning speed.

I didn't think Red Steel was so bad.  The gameplay just needed some polish.  Also the cutscenes.
GOREGASM!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 10:18:30 PM »
I thought the gameplay was great (still do), and the AI I had no issues with, in fact sometimes they'd do extraordinary things. There were some hilarious glitches like dudes flying a mile up in the air from explosions. There are some great inspired levels too and i cant wait to see what they  come up with next. What they need to fix is the crap presentation, the game has no replayability because you can't just go straight into the action from the menu, you have to watch cutscenes all the time. Multiplayer was quite good too.

I'm happy enough that RS2 is confirmed to exist.