Author Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 39238 times)

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Re: Wii Fit
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »
I'm not sure but aren't minutes earned mostly dependent on the time you spent on it? I think I got 2 minutes for a lv1 jog once (I usually get 3).

I think you're right.  I've been tracking all of the time results to create a spread sheet to help create a weekly routine.  Actual time vs game time is a bit off, but you have to make sure to take into account the exercise selection, loading, and before/after pep talks.  Once I get everything the way I like it, I'll post it up here in case anyone wants to use it too.

I finally finished up the last two exercises I unlocked, Free run and Free step.  I did Free step yesterday and Free Run this morning.  Set the timers to 30 minutes and turned my DVD player on and started to re-watch Ranma 1/2 season 1.  :D  It's a lot easier to finish the exercises while distracted, but it still doesn't make the burn any less, especially on the Free Run. 
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2008, 02:03:14 PM »
Somehow my burn rates when running went down, I got 327% on my first try of the island parcours but later runs were in the ~150% range... My guess is that the pockets of these pants move the Wiimote differently...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »
3+ weeks, 30+ minutes a day.  No weight loss. I have the metabolism of one of those toads that buries themselves in the mud for two years.

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
3+ weeks, 30+ minutes a day.  No weight loss. I have the metabolism of one of those toads that buries themselves in the mud for two years.

I've been doing 45 minutes a day and experienced no weight loss.  Although, I am a lot older (32) and I don't Wii Fit on weekends.  More importantly, I haven't made any radical changes to my diet.  That's a big step to take as well.  Finally, I haven't focused on the aerobic exercises as much and that's were you have the biggest weight loss opportunity.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2008, 02:25:51 PM »
I've been playing Wii Fit on and off when I can find the time and I'm losing about 2 pounds a week.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
I've been playing Wii Fit on and off when I can find the time and I'm losing about 2 pounds a week.

Wow, really?! 2 pounds a week?  I've been staying about even since I've had it.  What's your secret?  Are you doing additional exercising on the side?  Did you change your diet?  Inquiring minds want to know.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »
Yeah, I've been eating a lot better and going to the gym 3 times a week as well, WiiFit is nice to get some excercise in when I can't get to the gym.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »
I got Wii Fit today and I'm thin to start so I thought it would tell me to eat a burger or something, but instead I have to lose 4 lbs. I like it a lot except that I want to explore all of the features, but I keep getting tired. My Wii Fit age is 39 and I'm much younger so I look forward to getting toned up. I'll play on and off throughout the day and then once every day to see how it works out. Are there any workouts that work the shoulders and back?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2008, 04:50:13 PM »
Did you have trouble finding one, Fleece? And where'd you pick it up? It seems like the stores are always sold out around here.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
I used a metabolism calculator and it says I need to consume almost 4000 calories a day to maintain my weight. No way I consume that much. Frustrating it is.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:31 AM »
I too have not experienced weight loss, but I haven't been doing enough aerobics (I've heard that burning calories to lose weight is a myth). After unlocking the advanced step exercise, free step, and the advanced boxing game, doing aerobics is more fun.

My problem is that I want to do all the exercises at once in order to get the most out of them. I wouldn't feel good if I just did Yoga one day and nothing else, so I try to do a ton of yoga and a ton of strength training and some aerobics and a little bit of balance. This ends up being an hour and a half to two hours of real time (roughly 70-75 minutes of game time). That's just too much time! I can't fit that into my daily schedule. So I'm thinking about ways to break it up each day.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2008, 10:28:56 AM »
I too have not experienced weight loss, but I haven't been doing enough aerobics (I've heard that burning calories to lose weight is a myth). After unlocking the advanced step exercise, free step, and the advanced boxing game, doing aerobics is more fun.

My problem is that I want to do all the exercises at once in order to get the most out of them. I wouldn't feel good if I just did Yoga one day and nothing else, so I try to do a ton of yoga and a ton of strength training and some aerobics and a little bit of balance. This ends up being an hour and a half to two hours of real time (roughly 70-75 minutes of game time). That's just too much time! I can't fit that into my daily schedule. So I'm thinking about ways to break it up each day.

I'm working on creating a tracking sheet and weekly work out form which is meant to be used in a online gym setting.  Basically, everyone follows the same weekly workout routine by adjusting it to their own schedule.  I'm creating a concept behind it first, then I'll upload the forms I've created.  The goal is to have it as open sources as possible and to add/remove features as we (the online gym) see 'Fit'.  :P  Give me a few weeks to get it all straightened up, in the mean time, spread your workout into smaller bursts over more days.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2008, 08:37:44 PM »
Did you have trouble finding one, Fleece? And where'd you pick it up? It seems like the stores are always sold out around here.

I live in New York and getting Wii Fit is tough. I went over to the only legit game shop in the city to get a copy of Contact for DS and I jokingly inquired about their Wii Fit stock to which I was answered with a head shake and a simple no.
The next day I got up at 5 and went to the Nintendo World Store and stood online for three hours until they opened. When they handed out tickets to claim Wii Fit I saw only 20 were given out and about 150 people were lined up.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2008, 02:43:13 AM »
You can probably get it easily if you're willing to pay $140...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2008, 03:57:11 AM »
Full Fist and well done to Fleece for supporting Contact.

I've taken a few Wii Fit exercises and included them in my normal exercise routine without even turning Wii Fit on, so when I play Wii Fit i only do a couple of exercises, and mostly play the games. The game does waste a lot of time though in menus and crap, pretty counterproductive to the point of the damn game.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »
You can probably get it easily if you're willing to pay $140...
That's true, but is Wii Fit worth that? You could argue about the technology and hardware of the board, but is that even worth $90? I wouldn't pay 110 for it and that's why I just held out. I think that if someone paid $100 for the game from a retail store then they have been ripped off. My total for Wii Fit came out to $97.53.

Full Fist and well done to Fleece for supporting Contact.

I've taken a few Wii Fit exercises and included them in my normal exercise routine without even turning Wii Fit on, so when I play Wii Fit i only do a couple of exercises, and mostly play the games. The game does waste a lot of time though in menus and crap, pretty counterproductive to the point of the damn game.
I actually thought there would be more waste time going from one exercise to the next, but unless you're actually changing the workout it doesn't take any time at all. At least you don't have to point the remote at the screen.
Thanks, Contact is turning out to be the sort of game that I can enjoy for a long time. Get it if you can find it!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2008, 06:40:47 AM »
So how's everyone doing with the exercise? I've been trying to break down my days into Strength Training, Yoga, Half and Half, with some Aerobics during each if I have the time. Still don't feel like I'm any different, and I'm only really doing three times a week plus some swimming at the pool.

Are you guys sticking with it?
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »
I pretty much stopped after about three weeks.  I keep meaning to start again, but I'm afraid of the balance board character reprimanding me for being gone so long.

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »
So how's everyone doing with the exercise? I've been trying to break down my days into Strength Training, Yoga, Half and Half, with some Aerobics during each if I have the time. Still don't feel like I'm any different, and I'm only really doing three times a week plus some swimming at the pool.

Are you guys sticking with it?

Yeah, I've been trying to keep up with a M-F, 1 hour a day schedule.  I missed about one day a week on average last month, so that's not too bad I suppose.  Definitely room for improvement.  On Monday, I finished my work out with a 20 minute free run.  On Tuesday my calves were sore as hell, so I took the day off.  Wednesday, the power went out and I ended up missing that day as well.  Looks like I'm going to have to hit the balance board this weekend to make up for it.

BTW, my exercise breakdown spread sheet is finished and now I'm going to make a weekly work out sheet.  If anyone is interested in the break-down sheet, let me know and I'll send it to ya.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2008, 03:20:51 AM »
I've been doing it every day for 53 (I think) days. 45 minutes a day. 90% aerobic. breaking a sweat, feeling the burn. Not a single missed day.

NO WEIGHT LOSS

I weigh the same as I did a year ago when I didn't exercise on a regular basis.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »
But are you any more fit than you were a year ago?  (i.e. Has fat been replaced with muscle?)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Haven't been bothering with it for a few weeks now I think.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »
AS USUAL, I am nearly 3 months late to the party. Well, I finally bit the bullet and paid full retail price for Wii Fit for one simple reason:

I found it available to buy.

(You know, words are not very tasty. Could use some salt and pepper, and perhaps grill seasoning.) Anyways, I'm really excited to try it out, but I have some work that I told myself I had to finish first, so I won't be playing it tonight. But I was wondering, is everyone else past the Wii Fit phase? Is anyone still using it regularly? Bosshogx, did you ever work up that fitness regimen that you were thinking about? Shyguy, did you ever lose weight with it, or did you give up? I assume people are still using it, seeing as it stays in stock for maybe 3 to 4 minutes in retail, and even less online.

Anyways, I wanted to share, in case anyone else is still trying to get it, the way that I was able to find it. It's from CAG, and it's a Target inventory tracker. Here's the link.

Just type in your zip code, and it'll tell you whether it's in stock at any Targets near you. THIS IS A SUPER-HANDY FEATURE!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »
I only play it once in a while because I only have so much time when I can play Wii games and I have a huge backlog. I'm losing weight without it, though, which is nice.

J.P. Corbran

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2008, 11:04:45 PM »
AS USUAL, I am nearly 3 months late to the party. Well, I finally bit the bullet and paid full retail price for Wii Fit for one simple reason:

But I was wondering, is everyone else past the Wii Fit phase? Is anyone still using it regularly? Bosshogx, did you ever work up that fitness regimen that you were thinking about?

Well, yes and no.  I ended up creating a spread sheet with all of the fitness exercises, times, scores, and reps.  I never ended up getting the routine sheet created, mostly due to all my time being focused on training for the Omegathon.  I'll get back to it in September for sure.

I've been using it regularly, but missed the last week, again, because of late night Omegathon training sessions.  My WiiFit board is gonna give me a strict talking to when I get back to it.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll put up a copy of my spreadsheet for people to download and use if their interested.  Of course, the file is extremely small (like 20kb) so I could just as easily email it to anyone as well.

Either way, welcome to the WiiFit club!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933