Author Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 39230 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Wii Fit
« on: May 08, 2008, 04:27:12 AM »
I'm looking forward to it... and maybe the step aerobics and push-ups most of all. I haven't been really physically active since high school swim team... nor do I particularly want to be, lol, but I'm still eager to see what Nintendo's WiiFit has to offer me, even though getting 300 rotations in the hula hoop challenge may be just too hardcore for me.

But... I'm worried about whether I'll be able to get it. Wii Fit released to explosive, shortage-heavy sales in Japan and Europe, and now I'm hearing that place like Amazon and Toys R Us are selling out of Wii Fit pre-orders! I HAVEN'T PRE-ORDERED YET! ARGH! I don't know if I'll be able to get this at launch! ARGH!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:42:41 PM by Svevan »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: WiiFit
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:38:00 AM »
I got it today. There was a line as the store opened, some guy in front of me tried to buy 6 copies, but thankfully got kicked out. It's already sold out in most places in my area and it came out today. Online stores sold out of pre-orders before release. So it might be difficult for others to get too.

It's quite an amazing piece of technology, and this game definitely WILL get someone fit. It has tons of workouts and poses I never knew existed. It's quite challenging maintaining perfect balance. If you're not interested in fitness and health however, you won't find anything interesting here. The games in it are quite fun. Skiing is really addictive, it feels so awesome. Even some of the aerobic exercises are fun, like the rhythm one and jogging around the cool environment. But basically if you don't think normal exercise is fun, this game won't change your mind.

Half the games content is still locked, and i'm looking forward to playing more each day. It tracks your progress similar to Brain Training with a calender and graphs. You can even add things you don't do in the game to it (anything from swimming to piano / guitar playing, and minutes spent doing it), so it can basically keep track of all activities you do if you want it to. I don't think i'll be doing that, but it's a nice way to keep things organized.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »
I have the game and while it's directly making me get fit (my wii fit age is always on my real age!) i'm enjoying keeping track of it.

I recommend playing it in a room with LOTS of space. At least 7 feet all the way around.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:49:15 AM »
Darn. My gaming setup's in the basement and we only have 6 ft vertical... or were you referring to in front/behind/left/right?
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »
Up as well, pretty much as tall as you are with your hands straight up. It does require a lot of room. I suppose you don't HAVE to do every single exercise though. It would take a good 2 hours to do just one of every exercise a day.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:10:00 PM by Mario »

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:26:47 PM »
**** I barely have 3ft left and right of the board.  6 feat behind me, 8 feet above, and 3 in front. Can I do it?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 01:34:46 PM »
tape the board to the wall, and get fit SIDEWAYS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
tape the board to the wall, and get fit SIDEWAYS

I wouldn't do that either. It's very weighty!

**** I barely have 3ft left and right of the board.  6 feat behind me, 8 feet above, and 3 in front. Can I do it?

Some of the exercises you can do but not all of them. The muscle exercise and yoga ones need a lot of space coz you'll be throwing your arms and legs about like a llama.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 02:30:08 PM »
Two things of learned today:

- WiiFit needs a lot of room.
- Llamas through their arms and legs around a lot.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
I am not getting this until I have money to buy a second Wii and the game because I want this for my parents who need it and so I can get my Wii back as it has been a hostage since I bought it.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 02:36:34 PM »
Anyone seen (or have) any good impressions from a non-Japanese non-gamer?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »
Regarding shortages, there's huge piles everywhere here.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »
You say that about everything.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 01:27:33 AM »
Except The World Ends With You. That game was genuinely rare.

Offline redgiemental

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 06:32:53 AM »
My girlfriend loves this game she plays its every single day, she also like to have the high score is everything and will play a balance game for well longer than seems sane if someone beats her high score.

It even prompted her join a real yoga class after doing the yoga in the game.

I do recommend a good bit of space for the yoga but for the balance games (only part I'm halfway interested in) you dont need it.

As for me I might play a couple o the balance games once in a while for about 5 minutes then pop the disc out again. Its just not fun enough for me.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »
I find this graph amusing...

(Japanese sales)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »
I find this graph amusing...

(Japanese sales)
To put this in another perspective The 360 came out 1 year before the Wii and yet it caught up in no time. Same here in this graph. The Wii will not stop!  Hahaha!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 05:42:40 PM »
*realizes Wii Fit is launching tomorrow and he doesn't have a reserved copy ANYWHERE.* AAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »
I personally can't wait for this to come in the mail since I need to help me rehabilitate myself since I was in a pedestrian accident in January so I need something to keep me motivated  to keep exercising and to track progress.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 12:16:39 PM »
I already suspected size would be an issue, but isn't Japan the home of tiny little apartments where people sleep in coffin-sized rooms? How do they cope with that? my living room is freaking small I doubt I could do the push ups to begin with. Unless doing them sideways (not Pro's sideways of course) maybe could work, but the others? I guess this one isn't for me.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:48:20 PM »
It looks like it is selling for $150 on ebay now. Yikes. Luckily I preordered my copy along with Age of Conan CE which is selling for around $200 on ebay.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »
Have people who preordered at GameStop received calls saying it will be in tomorrow? I haven't got one, and I'm wondering if that means something went wrong, or is GameStop even doing calls with Wii Fit, or is it just not going to be there?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »
I was told to come in Wednesday.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »
One thing I hope will come from the new wave of casual gamers is that their common sense will force the game companies to move from a system of ship dates to real release dates, dates that you can come to a store on and be sure that the game will be there. Hopefully a specific day of the week, like Tuesdays for music and DVDs.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 04:02:40 AM »
That's how it's done in Australia, new games always in stores every Thursday. Works great! I think the dude who works at the store I visit at 8am on Thursdays knows me a bit too well.

I've finally achieved perfect balance! I don't really know how either, I just stand on the board and i'm in the dead centre all of a sudden, it's hard to figure out how I improved, since I haven't been doing too much of the Yoga balance exercises in the past week. I guess just playing the games a lot made it "nature".

Jogging on the spot is actually starting to bore me, but that could just be my lame Miis I have to look at around the island, it's inspired me to delete some stupid ones and make some better ones. I did the full 30 minute jog and I wasn't really sweating that much at the end, when i'd be sweating in 2 minutes on a normal jog. It seems a bit pointless, but the high score thing there is cool, showing how much distance you jog. I don't think I can be bothered setting "high scores" on the 30 minute one though.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:09:29 AM by Mario »