Author Topic: The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker RELEASES!  (Read 3500 times)

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker RELEASES!
« on: March 25, 2003, 05:32:30 AM »
Just in case you're trapped on the short bus wearing your helmet...Zelda will be in stores today.

The Wait is over for the Legend of Zelda

Record-breaking Pre-sell Supports Launch Of Year's Most Anticipated Title

REDMOND, Wash.--March 25, 2003--The most timeless tale of good versus evil in the world of video games returns with the launch of the highly anticipated The Legend of Zelda(R): The Wind Waker(TM) exclusively for Nintendo GameCube(TM).

In a time when mythical narratives and heroic figures like Frodo Baggins and Harry Potter are resurgent in popular culture, Nintendo producer Shigeru Miyamoto returns beloved characters Zelda(TM) and Link to the interactive landscape. The record-breaking success of the pre-sell program, with more than 600,000 consumers reserving advance copies, proves the franchise's undiminished popularity with game fans of all ages.

Since its initial debut in 1987, more than 36 million Zelda games have sold worldwide. Now, Link returns in this high seas adventure wielding a magical baton called the Wind Waker and grabbing players with an incredibly expressive animation style that makes this the most captivating title yet in the celebrated series. Using the Wind Waker, Link learns to compose songs that control wind patterns, allowing him to sail by way of air currents, navigate through ocean gales and even summon cyclones.

"The overwhelming response to the pre-sell program proves there is incredible anticipation for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker," explains George Harrison, senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications, Nintendo of America Inc. "Any Zelda launch is an event and this is no exception. Gamers have been clamoring for this title and it does not disappoint."

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker has tremendous depth of game play and seamless animation unparalleled in video game history. Players of all ages will be mesmerized by Link's world brought to life through incredible toon-shaded graphics and a unique facial animation system expressing emotion, warnings and even tips to the player. In the game, Link battles beautifully animated enemies, explores richly detailed environments, and conducts the wind with the power of the Wind Waker. Using the connectivity feature, players link the Game Boy(R) Advance and Nintendo GameCube to summon the mapmaker Tingle to uncover hidden secrets helping Link in his voyage.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is available in stores for a suggested retail price of $49.99.

As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co. Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home video game systems. The systems include Game Boy(R), Nintendo(R) 64, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo GameCube(TM). Since the release of its first home video game system in 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 1.6 billion video games worldwide, creating enduring industry icons such as Mario(TM) and Donkey Kong(R) and launching such franchises as Zelda(TM) and Pokemon(R). As a wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.

For more information about The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or any other Nintendo product visit the company's Web sites, www.nintendo.com, www.nintendogamecube.com or www.zelda.com.

Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com

Offline Mojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 05:44:03 AM »
Unrelated the this news item, kind of -- but are the reviews spoiler free? And if so, maybe you should indicate that on the main page

Offline Hisao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 05:46:51 AM »
EBgames.com just shiped my copy... WHY MUST I HAVE TO WAIT!?!?!?!
<(^_^)> The kirby <(^_^)>

Offline Fammy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 05:47:41 AM »
Stupid work. Can't play till tonight...
My sig beat up your honor roll sig.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 01:47:26 PM »
Well Mr.Mojo there are no REAL spoilers, but if you want to see everything for your self, just play for an hour and come see the review. I just  Got my copy, and after barley and hour, I' m impressed.

I'm not a betting man, but I if I was, this baby is gonna sweep some awards w/ gaming Rags,and next years GDC and DICE. And the rival Fanboys are gonna be left scratching their heads wondering what the hell are they raving about.

Time for the Legend to begin again....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline LilMac2010

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 03:25:16 PM »
Yeah, blasphemy!  I got the game and played it between two of my classes for about an hour and a half just soaking in Outset Island.  I have a massive exam tomorrow which I must study for tonight, but tomorrow night you can bet your Deku nuts that I'll be playing the hell out of it.  It's impressed me thus far, oh well, back to studying...
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you." -Eric Hoffer

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2003, 05:17:10 PM »
Free overnight shipping from IGN Gamestore is mighty fine by me.   Got it at 1pm today.  I've been playing it ever since, essentially.  I can't describe how breathtaking this game is, but I can say this game is taking my breath away.  Haha...

Even my highest hopes were dashed as this game showed me I could never have guessed it would be this good.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2003, 07:31:25 PM »
BAH!  You bloody Americans.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 06:06:44 PM »
Come on Grey!  Be a man and import it!  ;-)

No, seriously, I'll try not to rub it in--but when the epitome of beauty and fun falls onto one's lap, one can't help but wet oneself profusely and without care.

As for the difficultly level of the game, many say it's too easy, but I think it's perfect.  It's not exactly challenging, per se, but it's just pure fun--you don't worry when playing this game, you just drink it in.  Still, the puzzles are extremely clever and fun and at-first-puzzling, and the boss fights are so fun, that the fun-ness overrides anything else.  Basically the game is fun.  There's fun here.  Fun.  Joy.  Happiness.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2003, 07:19:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Sean
Come on Grey!  Be a man and import it!  ;-)

Not much point in that.  I am Canadian.    I got the game two days after you guys is all.    Importing would have been possible, but I would have had to wait at least one extra day, if not two for Wind Waker, and I wouldn't have gotten my bonus disc early either.  Couple that with an insane amount of shipping costs, and it's clearly not the smartest move to make.

I just hate the customary 2 day wait for games in Canada.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean