Author Topic: $143 for Spider-Man 3 tickets.  (Read 8899 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
$143 for Spider-Man 3 tickets.
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:07:55 PM »
I just spent $143 for Spider-Man 3 midnight movie tickets.

It better be good.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: $143 for Spider-Man 3 tickets.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
They can afford to make PS3s because of people like you!
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 04:52:27 PM »
Wow...

Someone has a little too much money in their hands .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »
do you have 10 people going to an IMAX showing??

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 01:41:54 AM »
And we have a winner!  (Well, pretty close).

I've got a group of 13 people gathered up to see the midnight showing at the IMAX.  While I did pay out $143 for the tickets, all but two will be paid back (or they better be paid back, at least).

It's gonna be fun!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:$143 for Spider-Man 3 tickets.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 03:53:09 AM »
wow i thought the $47+ i spent on a lousy 6:45 showing was bad... you're nuts.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 04:01:32 AM »
placeholder for bittorrent joke

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 06:07:14 AM »
This isn't like a concert or a sports game.  If I don't see Spider-Man 3 at the first midnight showing it's no biggie.  I'll just see it sometime later that weekend or the week after if needed.  But opening night can be fun so if you feel it's worth the money then it is.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 07:12:13 AM »
o_O

and I thought the movie tickets were expensive here.... (about $5)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 08:41:47 AM »
Again, I'm only actually going to end up paying $11 to see the movie (well, $22, if you count my wife).  The tickets are just the normally priced $11 tickets - no special fee for a midnight showing or such.

However, I am seeing it in IMAX... even though, here, regular movie tickets are like $8 anyway...

I'm not a *huge* fan of going to theatres to see movies.  With the price of tickets and refreshments, along with the crowds and such, typically, it's just not enjoyable for me.  However, midnight shows are different.  When you go to a midnight show, you're typically with a crowd of people who are there because they *want* to see the move (I mean, who else would be out until 2:30 in the morning just to watch a movie?).  Every so often, when a big movie I want to see is coming out, I try to get a group together to go see it at the midnight showing (Superman Returns and Snakes on a Plane are two recent movies...)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 09:40:31 AM »
If it wasn't for the Popcorn, Disney 3D or IMax, and the waiting I probably just watch everything at home.  The picture quality for the most part is less artifacted.  The sound isn't blaring.  Sure I don't have cup holders and stadium seating but one day I could fix that.

Also this is a great time to tell my original Spider-man movie story.

A friend of mine was a big Spider-man fan.  He wanted to see it the day of.  The place I was living had only 1 movie theater, which I though was weird at the time because I'm from Knoxville the place with more screens per person in the whole world it seems.  Being a casual fan of Spidey myself I said I go.  We were going to use his free tickets.  That didn't work out.

We get up to get are tickets and found out we couldn't use them.  To add insult to injury the showing had just sold out.  We were like what are we going to do for 3 hours?  I was like I just read an article telling the death count of Jason X.  We used the free tickets to watch Jason X which was a hoot because it was us and 4 other people so we become to official death count talliers. After that we got out and walked over to Spidey.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »
"If it wasn't for the Popcorn, Disney 3D or IMax, and the waiting I probably just watch everything at home."

I'm a lot like that too.  I want to see Spider-Man 3 in theatre because I want to see that movie f*cking now.  I don't want to wait until it's on DVD.  Other than that my only real incentive to go to the theatre is because it's an easy date or night out with my friends.  If I want to go out and do something seeing a movie is an easy way to do that.

Though lately it seems like every fourth time or so I go to the movies at about the halfway mark I really have to go the bathroom.  It drives me nuts because I either have to miss some of the film OR hold it in and thus not enjoy myself as much because I just want the film to end.  Strange thoughts pass through my head at the moment.  I find myself looking around the theatre thinking "I wonder if anyone else here has to go.  Am I the only one that is so uncomfortable?"

I also never buy snacks in the theatre and take bizarre pride in how much outside food I can sneak in.  The real challenge is sneaking in some sort of warm meal like a burger.  Though in the last few years I haven't brought in snacks as often.  Since I'm no longer a teenager not only does the extra snacking put on weight but I also don't find I have the appetite anymore.

And if you see a Harry Potter or Pixar film where there are a lot of kids in the theatre at exactly the halfway mark all of them in unison will get up to go pee.  They all have the same sized pop and the same sized blatter.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Though lately it seems like every fourth time or so I go to the movies at about the halfway mark I really have to go the bathroom.  It drives me nuts because I either have to miss some of the film OR hold it in and thus not enjoy myself as much because I just want the film to end.
You could always pee your pants.  That's a third option.  Or go in a cup; option #4.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Though lately it seems like every fourth time or so I go to the movies at about the halfway mark I really have to go the bathroom.  It drives me nuts because I either have to miss some of the film OR hold it in and thus not enjoy myself as much because I just want the film to end.  Strange thoughts pass through my head at the moment.  I find myself looking around the theatre thinking "I wonder if anyone else here has to go.  Am I the only one that is so uncomfortable?"

Don't buy (or smuggle) a drink at the theater.  Works for me.
GOREGASM!

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 11:48:19 AM »
"Don't buy (or smuggle) a drink at the theater. Works for me."

The thing is I never have a drink with me when at the theatre.  That's what makes it so strange.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »
Even if you take a leak before the movie starts?  Wow, ur weird.
GOREGASM!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »
$11 for an imax ticket? not bad. here they run me $13.75 each, plus a dollar service charge for buying them in advance. of the three tickets im only paying for two (my gf's and mine) and my buddy is paying me back for the third, but still.. i remember when they were $8 a ticket here. i think since i was in middle school the prices have gone up $.25-$.50 each year. its ridiculous.

i make sure to always have a nice big home cooked meal before heading to a theatre, or if theres not enough time, hit up a walgreens or target store for some candy and just "smuggle" that stuff in. same goes for drinks.
the best is when me and like 6 other guys would all have soda cans with us, we'd wait till the movie starts and pop the tops at the same time, drink and burp together. good times ;-)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 12:33:28 PM »
Maybe they should design theatres where the seats are toilets.... hmm... I just found my calling in life.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 04:51:20 AM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
Maybe they should design theatres where the seats are toilets.... hmm... I just found my calling in life.

What about the Museum?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 06:08:08 AM »
if there was an IMAX nearby to me, I would consider spending the higher amount to see Spider-Man 3 there, but with the nearest one an hour away, the cost just goes even higher. Even though I am sure it would be an experience not to forget.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 08:26:12 PM »

When you go to a midnight show, you're typically with a crowd of people who are there because they *want* to see the move (I mean, who else would be out until 2:30 in the morning just to watch a movie?).

While they don't compare to midnight audiences, first-day audiences are also generally good. I remember when I went to see Star Trek X, the audience members really enjoyed themselves...especially the two guys in starfleet uniforms. Almost made up for the fact that the movie sucked.

The audience at the Spiderman 3 showing I just went to was similarly good, though no one was in costume.    
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 02:30:19 AM »
There was a Spider-Man at our Midnight showing, handing out free Spider-Man comics (I believe he was from the local comic store...).

The movie was good.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 10:25:49 AM »
i saw the movie yesterday and it was great but before i saw it a friend who saw an earlier showing informed me of an Xmen for teaser where they reveal a "new" character but.. sadly, there was no teaser.
hell there were new trailers at all, even after they made a PA announcement about it after telling us to fill out a stupid servey before and after the movie (by the way was anyone else given a survey in your areas?).

has anyone seen the trailer? i cant find it anywhere and im curiuos to see it (even if i already let curiosity get the best of me and had my friend tell me who this new character is)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »
No survey and absolutly no trailers at my showing.  Not even a "please turn off your phone" thing.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 01:04:09 PM »
I bet he thought a preview for "Rise of the Silver Surfer" was an X-men teaser with a new character.

Is production of a 4th X-men movie even confirmed?