Author Topic: Gamecube's casing  (Read 16055 times)

Offline cmoney

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2003, 06:04:25 AM »
Hahahah guys, this dude seems a bit fishy. Maybe he's just trying to get a rise out of you all.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't even have a GC.

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2003, 07:03:38 AM »
I'd like to see this guy with one of the original PS2 releases....that would be a funny sight.  "My DVD player scratched my DVD!"  If you drop a PS2, you might as well pull out your warranty...oh wait, it's only 30 days.  Too bad.

Seriously though, Nintendo makes the most durable products in the business.  I wouldn't doubt the company because your system has a scratch on it.  If you REALLY have a problem with it, just call customer service.  They are usually more than helpful, and they are willing to deal with many silly problems like this.  
What's that smell?

Offline razorpit

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2003, 10:08:48 AM »

Originally posted by: simpsonsfan2003

Originally posted by: razorpit
1. Quit your bitch'n.
2. Get a life.
3. Quit spank'n in to your towels and making them all nasty and crusty.

Real mature you know that? Atleast you could act sophisticated on a public forum.

Trust me when the situation arises that I need to be sophisticated I will.  When the time comes to respond to a whiner (now) I will respond accordingly.  

Don't you think it is rather ironic to ask people to act sophisticated on a gaming website when you bring up a stupid subject like this?  This is not www.seriousdiscussions.com, if it were I would have said "Quit masturbating in to your terry blend bath towels and making them abrasive to the objects you use them on later."  
MK
Razor

AC
Code: 4896-9148-8292
Name: Oscar
Town: Burgh

Offline Kai

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2003, 06:48:36 AM »
Actually, I think this guy is just trolling.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2003, 12:04:47 PM »
Nice, razorpit.

No, in most circumstances I would not kill for Nintendo.  However, in your case I'm willing to make an exception.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2003, 12:18:09 PM »

The way you people act you come off as if you would kill for Nintendo.
No, it's not that we would kill for Nintendo, it is that we all know Nintendo to create extremely durable systems.  I think we can all think of stories of our Nintendo systems dropping on the floor from a certain height and not a single defect after that.  And even in the rarest cases that it does affect the playability, Nintendo has the most incredible customer service of any company I have ever bothered.  So, in conclusion, we respect them because of the way they have respected our investments.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline BoMbErMaN123

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »
I agree with just about everybody here. Things never stay prefect forever. They will get scratches. Oh well. Life goes on. But the thing that sort of got on my nerve is that you called the Gamecube a shoddy product because it has scratches on its sides? Unless these scratches are affecting the way you play games, it doesnt really matter. Heck, like a lot of people here, I have some old Nintendo products but they still work fine(except for my original game boy that stopped working last week. Oh well at least I can play those games on my GBA). My point is, dont get made at Nintendo for your Gamecube for its scratches. Its not like a PS2 or a XBOX wouldnt get any scratches either.
". . . And you shall shed tears of scarlet." Vicious, Cowboy Bebop

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2003, 05:22:40 PM »
There's only a few valid and logical conclusions I can draw from this.

1. The system had scratches already.  If that's the case, it's your responsibility to notice them, and you have every right to take it back to wherever you got it and exchange it for another one.  Damaged aesthetics is certainly a valid reason to return something.

2. You did the scractches yourself.  If that's the case, blame yourself, and stfu.

Making some illogical statement like "oh I'll never buy consoles again," is just that - illogical, and this is why people are saying you sound like a loon.  To prove this, similar statements could be made from other situations, such as "This apple has a sticker on it, so I will not eat it or ever buy apples again," or "This banana's peel has a black speck on it, I will never buy bananas again," or "My car got dirt on it, I will never use a car again," or "My car got scratched, fu Ford/Chevrolet/etc"....  

I could go on and on.  Point being is that they all share the same idea - they're all crazy remarks.  Your claim and problem with a few minor scratches is valid, but saying "OMG I WILL NEVER BUY VIDEO GAMES AGAIN EVAR" is not.  Maybe if your system didn't work and it blew up after you started it and set your house on fire and aliens landed and destroyed half the Earth and then all the volcanoes erupted and a giant beetle appeared from nowhere and rampaged havoc in LA while Rosie O Donnel assumed command as dictator of the Earth...

...then you might have a point.

I actually went and looked at my GC to see if it had scratches, and to my surprise it had a few, but unless you look really closely and are intent on finding such flaws, you'll never notice them.  You're going to have to show me some sort of super plastic and/or coating at some point then.  A towel? Are you kidding me?  Did it have retractable claws and/or spikes and/or acid spores?  If so, please send me such towel, I will use it to claim my dominance at the local arcade, wherein my minions will then carry out acts of indescribable evil for me, such as loosening all the salt shakers in all the restaurants in the city, because otherwise they will have to answer to...THE TOWEL.

-Strell
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Link

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2003, 06:08:27 PM »

Originally posted by: GokuSSJ2
<sarcasm>
Guess I'm throwing in the towel and never buying Nintendo products again too!

Don't throw it too hard. I'd hate to see you break a window.

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2003, 06:18:56 PM »
what i like about the cube is that you can move it around while you're playing a game without fear of the game freezing up or the disc getting scratched, good luck doin that with a ps2 or a x-box (if you can even pick the friggin thing up in the first place)

HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2003, 06:54:12 AM »
this has to be a joke topic.  1st everyone knows or at least everyone who owns a car is you never use a dry towel on  something you do not want scratched. If you wipe a dry towel on your cars paint it will surly be scratched and colored plastic would be  similar .  to use a towel it must be wet, or use a shammy and you'll have no worries.

second, why would a scratch caused by  the owner of the system be  nintendo's fault? And even more so why would it make the system not work? Or worth returning or  not playing or a waste of money?

this poster is either just being  a moronic ass trying to stir you all up or  they are very young.

Offline egman

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2003, 07:58:40 AM »
I didn't want to say it out loud in my post so as not to offend him if he wasn't trolling, but I think his lack of further action in this thread has come closer to confirming what I had suspected. I think he just wanted to see how many of us would jump in here with "niNtendo is teh R0x0rs!" He can't fault Nintendo for damage he caused towards his own console, but that what he "tried" to argued in this thread. I can't think of any other reason to post something like that in a Nintendo biased forum except for trolling.

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2003, 08:49:45 AM »

Originally posted by: simpsonsfan2003
The system didn't have scratches when I took it out of the box. I know one thing I will never buy any products from Nintendo ever again.
Troll Alert... Troll Alert... Troll Alert!  I suspect we have a troll here (someone who posts ridiculous comments in order to draw attention to themselves).

There are lots of products with scratchable clear plastic.  VCRs.  DVDs.  Boomboxes, Stereos, Microwaves.  It's not just Nintendo... ALL electronics manufacturers use this type of scratchable plastic.  Are you planning to boycott them all?  You'd have one very empty home!  hahahaha!  You can't blame Nintendo, because they are just following the same practices as ALL electronics manufacturers.
Also, so what if your *used* GameCube has a few scratches?  In 2 more years, GC2/PS3/XBX2 will be released, and then your GameCube will be worse than scratched... It will be obsolete!  So stop sweating small stuff.  Scratches are trivial and not worth getting stressed about.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2003, 11:02:35 AM »
This is the most ridiculous thread I've seen. You GC works thats all that should matter to you. My brother's PS1 doesn't work unless you turn it upside down and have it raised at least a few inches off of the carpet and it still doenst' work with some games, but hey it isn't scratched at all. Hey I'll sell it you. True its a pain in the ass to get functioning properly but the lack of scratches on the case seems to be what you are most concerned with anyway. Come to think of it....there are scracthes on my PC case. Maybe I should too out my PC. I mean lets ignore the fact that it functions perfectly well. I haven't had any functionality problems with a Nintendo product since my NES. Thats a pretty good track record IMO. Now my friend Richard has a PS1 that doesn't work and a broken PS2. If he can still buy another PS2 you can deal with a few case scatches. Jeez...I can't believe I wasted my time responding to this.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2003, 01:52:14 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: GokuSSJ2
<sarcasm>
Guess I'm throwing in the towel and never buying Nintendo products again too!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't throw it too hard. I'd hate to see you break a window.

LOL!  In my opinion, that is definitely the best post of the day.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2003, 02:54:07 PM »
HOLY FREAKING CRAP!  Obsessive much?  He's not going to buy another console because he scratched his console?  He keeps towels over his consoles when not in use?  I would be SCARED to meet this guy in real life.  I don't say this often, as I am a strange one myself, but this is just too much for me.

I haven't really looked at my console itself in a while.  I use it plenty, but it's normally buried under a pile of junk, with a little room left for the air vents and the disc cover.  I love it, but I don't take THAT good care of it.  It gets hauled around in a backpack, sits on the floor for a long time, get's thrown in a box with a bunch of N64 games and consoles when moving, and stuff like that.  I am examining it now.

1)  MANY scratches on the removable logo disc thing.  (Looks like my GBA screen)
2)  Looks like a drop of wax made it onto the top right side of the disc cover.
3)  3 small scratches in the top of the console.
4)  Too much dust, dirt, and lint to see much else.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline penguincube

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2003, 04:46:10 PM »
Mine doesnt scratch like that.  The only think is little cracks (really little) branching out from the buttons which Nitnendo said was molding creases or something like that.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2003, 04:54:20 PM »
"Real mature you know that? Atleast you could act sophisticated on a public forum."

You're the one to speak, man- I honestly thoguht you were kidding when you said Nintendo makes shoddy products and that you wouldn't buy anythign else they made because of some small scratches on your Gamecube casing. Im the big scheme of life, it's not that bad. Even on the small scale, it's still a petty detail. I'd personally rank squabbling over console color higher than this. And I think from what people have said in this thread, Nintendo most definitley does NOT make shoddy products. A guy I know once said he and his brother went to their grandma's house and when they left his brother had lost his GBC. They couldn't it and eventually gave up. A year later, when they were at their grandma's house again, he found his brother's GBC in the snow. He turned it on with the Pokemon cartridge that was in the GBC when it was lost and it worked perfectly, complete with uncorrupted save files. If you ask me, that's pretty $%&*@ing durable.

Seriously, though, I apologize if I or anyone else made fun of you.

"1) MANY scratches on the removable logo disc thing. (Looks like my GBA screen)"

Hehe- same here. There's a ton of scratches on that removable face plate, as well as on my GBA screen. I've considered replacing the screen since it's so cheap, but I really don't care enough.

"4) Too much dust, dirt, and lint to see much else."

Again, same here, at least in the vents. There's a LOT of dust and lint and whatnot in those little grates, and I've played my Gamecube constantly.

Needless to say, I've never had a problem with my Gamecube ever.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline teh1337h4x0r

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2003, 05:43:42 PM »
God....this sound like one of my friends....*shudders*

He keeps plastic over all of his systems to keep dust off...and basicly treats his systems like gods...it really annoys me.

He has leather covering for his computer...keyboard...even speakers.  Why the hell would you cover your speakers.  Im getting mad just typing this.

Offline Edisim

• View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2003, 09:11:18 PM »
LOL! Thanks for the laughs, weird troll guy... and if you weren't trolling... I'll be praying that you don't get hit by a parked car.

Dude. "Don't throw the towel too hard. You might break a window." That was bloody hilarious! That sophisticated masturbating comment was funny, too.

And for the nut throwing n64's from building to building: Good GOD, man! Nintendo products arent' THAT durable...

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Gamecube's casing
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2003, 02:11:41 AM »
hahah yeah, i can attest that nintendo manufactures top quality stuff, a friend of mine back in the day washed his shorts with his pokemon blue cartridge and the only damage it suffered was the sticker was kinda warped from the water and the save file wasn't there anymore (if it was red it would have suffered super successfull damage and died in 1 spin cycle )