Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 49690 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Heroes
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »
I caught the "marathon" yesterday so I'm mostly caught up.

The mimicking thing is cool, I guess, but the most farfetched.  You can't just borrow someone's genetic traits.  As if flying wasn't unrealistic enough, how would you borrow that skill just by being near someone who can?  And even if you could, how would the cells in your body adapt fast enough - and yet retain your overall physical appearance?  In this case, it'd be more "realistic" to be a total shape-shifter than a selective-gene-borrower.

But of course this is more of a drama and whatever "science" is behind it all is a moot point.  That said, I'm intrigued by it, and considering there hasn't been a ton of action yet, that's really saying something - though you guys are right, the occasional odd moments (like the whole Claire/autopsy/car thing) seem more unrealistic than anything else on the show.  o_0

What's with the tagline this week? "SAVE THE CHEERLEADER.  SAVE THE WORLD."  Sheesh.  Though I also wonder if Mr. Bennet really is a bad guy or not.

Anyway, I've drawn the recurring symbol on a Post-It note on my computer at work.  I've also recreated it by shading cells on a spreadsheet in Excel...I wonder if I can sneak it somewhere without getting in trouble?

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 06:21:15 PM »
Okay, looks like there'll be some action next week.  o_0

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 06:44:06 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
He sees her alive at school freaks out.  Yet that night when he sees her, he is completely willing to hang with her.  GREAT!!!

Well, I can't speak for him, but if I *knew* I had killed someone, then saw them the next day, I'd be wondering what the hell happened...

As far as the micking powers thing... it's a long reach, but perhaps it's something like Chameleon - but instead of his cells altering his skin color, they alter... er... something else.  I dunno.  It's TV, not science... leave me alone!

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 01:37:10 AM »
I really think you guys are thinking too much about the science behind things, you should just enjoy it instead of nitpicking a show that is obviously in the realm of fiction!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Heroes
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 03:07:22 AM »
Heh, someone was telling me about the heroes in this show, and one was a women with different personalities.  So Dissociative identity disorder is a super power now?  I did catch chunks of the marathon and think I have a good idea where the show is going to end up story wise.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 04:02:46 AM »
That killer personality, of hers, happens to have super-strength which comes in pretty handy if you haven't seen it yourself.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 04:43:33 AM »
Without Hiro I stop watching the show.  The rest of the characters aren't nearly as good.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 05:20:06 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Without Hiro I stop watching the show.  The rest of the characters aren't nearly as good.

I don't know, they're all pretty interesting.  Though Hiro (and Ando) do add some light-heartedness to the whole thing.  I like how in that last episode Hiro met Nathan and Ando met Niki, though both meetings didn't really amount to much.

Matt and Claire seem the most disconnected to everyone else right now, though they both have the most contact with Mr. Bennett so far, I think.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 06:22:44 AM »
This show is so Crack* I can't stop watching. Do yourselves a favor and turn your brain off while you watch this show.

"Don't think, Feel!"

*Crack being slang for addiction either good or bad, location: Philly
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 06:30:09 AM »
I couldn't see the RNA symbol that was supposedly on Future Hiro's katana.  Was that symbol "hidden" anywhere else in yesterday's episode?

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 11:49:54 AM »
I love this show.

To those who don't understand the whole cheerleader and quarterback thing, do some forensic studies, one of the greatest thrills for a rapist is a repeat victim, their desire overrides rational thought, otherwise they wouldn't be rapists in the first place.

I can't wait to see how this pans out, my jaw dropped when I realized the Peter Patrelli's power was to copy others powers. He's like Morph from X-Men. I love the fact that the show is kind of like X-Men(my favorite superhero series) in it's use of multiple powers and problems. The blonde chick is so far the least interesting of all the plots IMO and the best is Hiro.

I hate this show for one, it makes me want to see it more and more. Also the first 30mins is packed full of story and action, then the last 30mins is commercials and cliffhangers. Of course all shows do this, but this show makes it worse since it's so good.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »
It's on Mirror Nikki.
Not Justice League.  In fact one episode is the first half of the episode and the next is the next half of the episode.
Also the ~45 minutes of ST:NG: Up to the 30 minute mark develop problem and 30 minute solve problem.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2006, 08:46:23 AM »
After a couple of lackluster episodes, yesterday's (and from the looks of it, next week's) is improving the pace.  Peter, Nathan, D.L., Niki, Micah didn't show up in yesterday's episode, but it was nice to have more of Matt, Isaac and Hiro.  And it looks like Mohinder's about to get somewhere.  I thought it was going to be another stupid cliffhanger when he finally used the key and opened the drawer.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 09:10:29 AM »
Next weeks episode looks good, but it also looks like it could ruin the story, if the way the got their powers is cheesy everything is over for me.

I'm not sure I liked just how many people have powers there were quite a few when mohindir opened that computer file, I am very much looking forward to seeing what Hiro does to save the waitress, and where is he now? Is he learning martial arts?? I like that chick with the power of suggestion, I wish we knew more about the black dude that works with her and the cheerleaders dad(sorry I'm bad with names) Who's going to kill the nuclear guy to destroy New York? Is he going to do it himself? WTF is the cheerleader going to do to stop it? Unless, there's some Kirby-esque person we don't yet know about and peter is going to absorb both that persons and the cheerleaders power, swallow the nuclear guy, and then run into a sub-basement with 25 foot thick animantium walls. Who knows, hopefully the powers allocation thing isn't gayy, that's all I'm worried about really.

Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 05:03:58 AM »
Is it just me or do these people have now idea of what a realistic time frame is.  These last two episode has so much as confirms it.  The only timeline that is in a realistic time frame is Hiro's (Another reason why they other characters should just go away and we have the Adventures of Hiro).

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 05:56:07 AM »
Too bad about Eden in that last episode.  And Zach's memory got wiped out and apparently he's not Claire's friend anymore.  Those actors won't be back for another season, most likely, good time to cut them out, perhaps.

New episodes start sometime in January, apparently (though just two or so to finish off the season).  Maybe they'll rerun the episodes until then - they could do a few a week.

The creator said he has ideas to let this run for five or six seasons or so.  I had hoped it'd be a one-or-two season thing.  I don't want to finally see the explosion (or lack thereof) years from now.  Though maybe after a couple seasons they'll have a different set of heroes and a different crisis.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 07:22:46 AM »
I'll miss the characters that got "taken out" but it's for the best. There are already too many heroes to keep track of.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 09:05:40 AM »
You know they should just wrap up one of them.  Peferable the Nikki storyline because it has the absolute least to do with the main story at this point.  Nikki's good and Jessica's evil we get the point.  Finish it already.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 09:35:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
You know they should just wrap up one of them.  Peferable the Nikki storyline because it has the absolute least to do with the main story at this point.  Nikki's good and Jessica's evil we get the point.  Finish it already.

I totally agree, but it seems that they have. Especially since in Peters vision? (maybe he leeched a power off of Sylar without realizing it, but if Sylar can see the future, why didn't he see himself being captured?) didn't include her, her husband, or her son who's power I'd like to see more of, and put to better use than to call his mom.

I like the number heroes they currently have, I don't know about how many were on that list, but the ones they have now are good. I'd like to see Nicki's husband join the main plot, (I like how they went with the total opposite to X-Men's ShadowCat, little white girl to big black guy) his powers are cool. I do agree that it would pretty lame if every season was still about the explosion, that should definitely wrap up this season, but I'd like to see more storylines with the same characters, maybe not always together doing something, maybe like 3 of them do one thing another 3 another, and another 3 something else, then in the (pray with me) 3 hour season finale all the plots interconnect and they save the world. (Yes I am a big X-Men fan). I say stick with the current chars and make new storylines just like my favorite comic book... X-MEN!!!

Edit: I didn't realize the fanboy emoticon would say my post is a train wreck I was more going to this effect:

Edit 2: (sorry my friends don't watch this show, just like they don't like Nintendo, so this is the only outlet for my many ideas)

How did Sylar use his powers through the glass if he couldn't before? How did the short haired girl do it? An on/off switch? If it was the Hatian(who I love now for not wiping the cheerleaders memory) he would have to be there 24/7. It also annoys me that we don't exactly know what the Hatian's powers are... he blocks powers and puts people to sleep... mind control? But then why would the cheerleaders dad need the power of suggestion girl? (I suck with names for some reason the only name I remember is Peter Petrelli). I would love if they ran this show year round, had like subplots during the off-season, like all the people Sylar killed and how he used their powers, maybe a cartoon like the Matrix cartoons whateverthehell they were called. Didn't the painter/Peter's girlfriend have a power? I thought she was one of the heroes, maybe a sidekick like the T-mobile device LOL JK! I mean like Hiro's friend who beat off to Nicki.  I am so in love with this show, Heroes, Dexter, Rome (when it finally comes back on), and HOPEFULLY The Tudors(Shotime series about Henry VIII) are the greatest things to hit the boob tube. Makes me happy in the pants.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 06:46:16 PM »
Actually I think the Dads power is that he can nullify others powers.  I think the Hatian has general Mental abilities specializing in Reading and manipulating minds.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2006, 03:17:42 AM »
Dad appears to have immunity to powers which can be used against him, meanwhile the Haitian can perform a "mind wipe" and erase memories.

Also, Even Sylar appeared to powerless while he was in his cell (most likely due to the team of "Null 'N Void" a/k/a Dad & Haitian), I think the more acceptable explanation is that he chose not to use his powers because he was waiting to get Eden alone so he could kill her, do whatever it is he does with the brains and absorb her power of suggestion. She sacrificed her own life (by committing suicide) to prevent Sylar from gaining her power (which, arguably, could be the most devastating of all of the powers we've been exposed to, thus far, on the show).  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2006, 04:46:50 AM »

Originally posted by: MaryJane
...but if Sylar can see the future, why didn't he see himself being captured?...

Since when can Sylar see the future? He can see how things work, and I think that's how he managed to escape.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2006, 05:09:14 AM »
So does Claire's dad work for the government? Somebody else? Is he ruthless or just misguided?  

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 05:11:22 AM »
Right now, only Isaac can see the future and it looks like Peter has some precognitive dreams. Although remember, that according to the not-so-distant future that Hiro visited, Sylar will eventually get to Isaac.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2006, 05:35:17 AM »
So, did Peter have radiation posioning? Is that why he is sick? I'm guessing he came in contact with the human nuke guy and now has his power in his (undiscovered) buffer.