Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 49724 times)

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE:Heroes
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2007, 10:45:37 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
I thought bad-future Peter was overly cynical, and that garish scar was laughably overdone.  He had clearly encountered Hiro before, and has control over his time-stopping and time-travelling powers.  Why couldn't HE go back in time to fix things?

Hiro needs his sword to control his time travelling powers.  I would assume that Peter needs the sword as well, he does only use Hiro's power when he is right next to the sword.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Heroes
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2007, 01:40:29 AM »
Some speculation... Note that I don't read any of the online stuff...

Future Hiro sent our Hiro back in time to kill Sylar thinking that it was Sylar who went 'splodie and killed Ando (and half of New York).  But, of course, we find out it was Peter (which we 'knew' it was anyway).  So Hiro is going to go back and try to kill Sylar, but it won't do any good because Peter will go ka-blooey anyway.  Someone posted that the creators of the show have "six seasons" (or, five more seasons, if you will) plotted out.  Last Monday, we went five years into the future.  Concidence?  Not in this show. - Good episode though.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2007, 03:25:09 AM »
Good thing its not on Fox or they cancel it right now because its popular and in the middle.  Though it is aired on Sci-Fi so this could still happen.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2007, 03:20:12 PM »
I hate time travel, so many loopholes already - all the future people clueless of what they should know.  I believe in the forward movement principle... it's this whole going backwards that's broken.

Also, how bad are these heros that after five years they couldn't figure out what was going on or what happened??

I see how they basically made crazy boy and president boy the same tussle (mom and all).  Clever

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »
Yeah, they're trying to make us think that everything is headed exactly onto the path that we saw.  But man, painting in blood.  That's pretty gruesome.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2007, 06:18:20 PM »
Somehow I think someone is going to tell Peter to go blue instead of nuclear.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2007, 07:13:08 PM »
go blue?

Good episode. I was starting to like Sylar.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2007, 04:29:17 AM »
Personally I believe that time travel is dependent on the person.  Hiro, being the focal point of all time travelling, we are falling his particular timeline.  In particular I believe that the past is only relative to the person.  Hiro going 5 year in the future should generate a future of "What would happened if Ando and Hiro suddenly disappeared and 5 years passed?"  They didn't take this approach but you know.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2007, 03:35:08 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
go blue?
Releasing an EM pulse instead of going nuclear, remember how NuclearMan (forgot his name) did that to escape with Claire's father and the MindReaderMan.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »
Part of me thinks this season will end with the bomb going off and next season will be the heroes trying to change their fate.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2007, 02:26:06 AM »
Wasn't the whole point of the episode "Six Months Ago" that Hiro couldn't change the past?

Then we find out that Future Hiro has spent five years trying to change the past?

NYC gonna go boom...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2007, 03:22:27 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Part of me thinks this season will end with the bomb going off and next season will be the heroes trying to change their fate.

Originally posted by: UncleBob
Wasn't the whole point of the episode "Six Months Ago" that Hiro couldn't change the past?

Then we find out that Future Hiro has spent five years trying to change the past?

NYC gonna go boom...

Forget just that one episode.  Wasn't that the point of this whole season and Hiro going an his Epic quest?  

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2007, 05:23:04 AM »
Peter won't go nuclear. What I think is he's going to cause a massive black out that will take NYC months to recover from. "THE DARK TOMORROW"

Anyone else pick up on why Sylar's going to kill Ando?  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2007, 05:27:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie
Peter won't go nuclear. What I think is he's going to cause a massive black out that will take NYC months to recover from. "THE DARK TOMORROW"

Anyone else pick up on why Sylar's going to kill Ando?

Because he's there.  Ando has to die to make future Hiro.  I figure that in the end it might be a hostage situation.  Wouldn't you want Hiro's power if you were someone like Sylar?

Of course Peter won't go.  The even won't happen at all thus proving the future can change.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2007, 06:02:31 AM »
Sylar may think Ando is the one with power. When Hiro tries to kill him and fails, they don't teleport out the room until ando runs in the room and grabs Hiro. How does Sylar know who can do what?
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2007, 07:45:12 AM »
The ticking of their brains.  Sylar can identify people with powers.  Its been somewhat established.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2007, 02:07:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
The ticking of their brains.  Sylar can identify people with powers.  Its been somewhat established.

I don't think he can.  The ticking we see in his first kill is showing how he can see how things work and he still needs to cut open the head to figure it out.  Everyone with powers he has killed has been on the list so he hasn't been finding anyone random on the way.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
I'm with Ceric.  Sylar was able to tell that the first guy he killed had powers of some sort.  He didn't know what kind until he investigated, but he knew the guy had powers.  After that, he killed people on the list because he could find people using the list much easier than searching them out, not knowing his targets until he could see they had abilities.

Now then, on the surface, what opposes what I'm suggesting is what happened with Claire, when Sylar tried to kill her in Texas.  However, with both Claire and Peter in the room at the same time he was there, there is a chance that he was confused for a short amount of time, and then realized his mistake right away when he looked at the extra cheerleader.
It's hard to say if he has trouble detecting who is the individual with powers when the person is not on the list, as he went after Claire because of the news of her saving a man in a fire.  Perhaps he could tell people with abilities were around, but is not able to tell which person he can tell is special.  I don't know, but it makes sense.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »
I think your all over-analyzing an effect they use to indicate his obsesiveness in determining how things "tick".  Part of this might be b/c the heartbeat thing, which I guess comes from superhearing, which someone says he picked up along the way (I missed that episode).  He used that just to be aware of his suroundings.  However, he's always been clued to abilities by seeing them in action first.  He is then intrigued to the point of obsession that his oblivious to the rest of his suroundings and hence why the director uses the ticking noise.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
Wow, I finally catched up, and its been quite a ride. Over here we are still at episode 10, so I just got all the rest elsewhere and saw them one after the other. I like the show a lot, however I can't digest sylar's power, I know we are meant to turn off our brain when a series says that genetic mutations can make someone fly, hell, I grew up inmersed in telenovelas, turning off my brain is my default state when seeing TV, but the bad guy steals powers by looking into their brains because he "sees" how things work? it's too far fetched... and absurd... and lame honestly, is the one thing that doesn't let me get more into the whole story.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2007, 07:19:44 PM »
They've actually hinted that he may eat the brains, now.  Of course the whole show is a bit unbelievable.  I don't think they were going with realism as their theme...

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2007, 07:44:45 PM »
Oh I would like that more, in fact I'm going to pretend thats it and forget the whole "clocks" nonsense. Its not that its unrealistic, is that its a little too... I think the term I'm looking for is called deux ex machina?, you know, the equivalent of "a fairy solved everything through magic".

Time travel is another one that gets me, but I can ignore its inconsistencies more easily, so its not a big deal. The only way time travel works for me is OoT/MM style, the others just give me headaches (ocarina did have its mind boggling moments though, like the song of storms :S )

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »
I thought Sylar found the first guy because of Dr. Saresh (sp?) didn't he pose as the doctor, or heard the guy on his answering machine or something? Or was that after he killed the first guy? I can't remember.

Oh and I love love love what's been going on with the series recently! I still don't like Jessica's part in all this since on the surface it appears all she is going to do is rescue her son whose part in the whole scheme would likely be negated anyway with the other situations going on. Just my little 2 cents there.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »
Hiro was so freakin' cool in the recent episode. They didn't show what power does his dad have, which is a shame because I would really like to know how that training session went so quickly.

I hope Sylar dies in the very near future, what an annoying punk.

Oh and we still don't know where that Dinosaur from the painting fits in with the Hiro storyline, how could they show something so cool that could happen and they never do show it.

Next week is the last episode for the second season, then we have to wait another year *sigh*.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2007, 07:17:17 PM »
Dang, they kakked a few more characters this week! I hope HRG doesn't kill her or get killed himself.