Author Topic: Miyamoto secretly a cult leader?!  (Read 7815 times)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Miyamoto secretly a cult leader?!
« on: March 02, 2003, 03:00:59 PM »
Am I the only one who saw this? Miyamoto touring Europe...
6th image down

now look at another guy
2nd image

just a little humor...

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 05:24:03 PM »
I see nothing funny in comparing Miyamoto to Hitler. In fact I don't see anything funny in comparing anyone to Hitler.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 06:08:01 PM »
That is wierd, but he's right, its not very funny to compare someone to Hitler.  If your school has a Holocaust history course you should take it to understand how SERIOUS this statement is.   This could be very offensive to someone.  Don't be surprised to see the thread closed, and I think it should be.
it was time for a change.

Offline baberg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 07:59:13 PM »
Man, I spend a half hour searching on Google's Image Search for an image of the phrase "Dressing like Hitler in school isn't cool" from South Park, and the closest I could come is the picture of Cartman on this page.

For those of you who don't watch it, Cartman dressed up like Hitler for Halloween, and the principal showed him a video that ended with a Smokey the Bear character saying "Remember kids, dressing like Hitler in school isn't cool."  Of course, Cartman didn't get the message, but his principal then tried to cover up the Hitler costume with "a nice scary ghost costume", which ended up looking like a KKK member.  Chef's reaction was priceless.

I think it's pretty funny.
Name: Barry
Town: Hyrule

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 08:10:05 PM »
Well, this forum isn't meant to take up political views (yes, this is political).  Its says so in, yes, the Rules.  Although no harm was intended by it by the comparison/joke, it could be taken offensively.  Would you like to be compared to Hitler?  If you fully understand the evilness of that man, I would think not.  PlanetGamecube is a well-known site, even by memebers of Nintendo's company.  I don't think they would appreciate seeing that on this site and neither do I.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 07:37:03 AM »
There is a difference between dressing up a fictional cartoon character like Hitler and making a joke of it and comparing a living breathing person to Hitler.  

Offline baberg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 09:27:52 AM »
*sigh*

To prove my point, here's Shiggy and another famous figure.

In summary, it's a FARKING PICTURE.  Learn to laugh once in a while, it's good for you.
Name: Barry
Town: Hyrule

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2003, 09:59:57 AM »
I thought it was funny.  You guys have to not be so uptight.  If someone said "Miyamoto is as evil as Hitler" then I can see it being offensive.  But he's just making an observation that in that picture Miyamoto looks like he's doing the Nazi salute.

There's a big difference between comparing someone to Hitler and remarking that in a picture someone kind of looks like Hitler.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 10:16:38 AM »
If you don't see the humor in it so be it, obviously some people thought it was humorous though.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 11:54:35 AM »
I didn't think that looked like a salute, but wtvr...in any case, just know not to go further than you already have, but you probably do anyway...
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2003, 12:29:04 PM »
I loved being talked down to by people I used to call n00bs lol.. Well if it so deeply offended yall so much I will be glad to not bring humor to you guys, doesn't hurt me.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2003, 12:37:30 PM »
It wasn't deeply offensive, Hitler is deeply offensive.  I actually took a Holocaust course during my senior year in high-school and it deeply disturbed me.  I thought I knew about Hitler before hand but I never fully understood until I took that course.  You guys just won't understand. Even joking, that is, in my opinion, the worst thing you can compare someone too.  Oh well, I'm dropping it.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2003, 04:52:55 PM »
All I know is I wouldn't like being compared to Hitler in anyway and I'm sure Shiggy would feel the same. Also I don't know if you were addressing that to me but I'm no newbie. I've been coming to the PGC forums since before they were at ezboard.  

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2003, 05:07:03 PM »
I understand just fine.  I took a hitler course and read much literature on the topic. HOWEVER we must not allow ourselves to be overtaken by his evil.  He is dead, we have killed him.  His oppression was a lesson to the whole world.  But we must not fear him, for then he has power even in death.  People who are sick enough to follow his Birthday and such only do it because it gets attention.  The more we react in fear and hate, the more power and impact he has on disturbed minds.
The best step to take in riding him of the fear is to not be afraid to laugh.  Laughter does many things for people, and near all of them are good.  He is dead, no use feeding the dead with fear.
On the outside, it is funny, not something we should all giggle about, something that we should take as ironic, the worlds evilst man and the worlds greatest man in the same pose..... hmmm.  
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »
To me it wasn't funny.
It was the coolest thing in the world.
So what if Miyamoto-san was the 'leader of some secret cult'?
I would join instantly. Although it it involved 'sreading the word' Christian-style, then no, I won't.
If this was on front of second page full-page story in the newspaper, then I think many people would actually be interested in the genuine charm of his games, and understand why so many people love him and his games.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2003, 10:08:06 AM »
Note to self: ironic moments are not understood on forums

Gibdo-not you, taht was to builditup

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2003, 05:53:03 PM »

Originally posted by: RahXephon
He is dead, we have killed him.  

No, he killed himself.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2003, 02:22:03 AM »
Spare us the technicalities.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Joshums

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2003, 01:26:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I thought it was funny.  You guys have to not be so uptight.  If someone said "Miyamoto is as evil as Hitler" then I can see it being offensive.  But he's just making an observation that in that picture Miyamoto looks like he's doing the Nazi salute.

There's a big difference between comparing someone to Hitler and remarking that in a picture someone kind of looks like Hitler.

Exactly.... lighten up people.  He meant nothing malicious by that post.
Ph33r teh Joshums!!!11

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2003, 05:40:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Joshums

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

Exactly.... lighten up people.  He meant nothing malicious by that post.

We've established that already.