Author Topic: Dead Pheonix  (Read 3474 times)

Offline loserfish13

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« on: February 27, 2003, 10:01:13 AM »
Anyone else really, really excited about this game??!! I hope its good! Any game that had big open skies to fly in as a character were alwys my favorite. But, that has been very few, namely Spyro. I hope you can land and walk around and stuff, though, too. Can't wait for it to come!
Animal Crossing:
Name: pj
Town: terrytwn

My collection:
myurl

My Wishlist:
my

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 10:12:04 AM »
I'm very excited about all of Capcom's new games, pretty much.  This game looks to have a great engine underneath it all with a great theme that appeals to pretty much everyone ever: flying.  I'm hoping the gameplay is dense enough to keep it above some beautiful but average shooter.  It would be cool to see some RPG elements dropped into the game to allow you to slowly upgrade and grow stronger, which would be physically represented.  Well, I'm sure they have better ideas cooking for the game than I could come up with, but it looks intriguing.  Here's hoping it rocks.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 01:58:26 PM »
All of Capcom's game look great, but I think I'm only going to get Killer 7.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Riotamus

• View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 02:35:53 PM »
I'm not 100% on this, but i think the almighty SEGA have had some input on this game, i read this on some other website, but if i'm wrong please let me know, but there is a massive resemblance to another classic game here, Panzer Dragoon anyone?.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2003, 02:44:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
All of Capcom's game look great, but I think I'm only going to get Killer 7.

I'm in about the same boat.  I think I will be picking up Killer7 and Resident Evil 4 myself.  Dead Phoenix is one that definately does interest me though, and I will be watching it.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline loserfish13

• View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 02:59:50 PM »
I didnt know it was a shooter!!! I thought Panzer Dragon was a rail shooter, but I wouldnt know. i thought they would figure out some other way to fight, like a zelda fight with a sword and lock ons, but more dimensions, because it is in the air. I have not seen any screens of the character holding any sort of weapon or shooting anything. But I think a zelda fight while flying would be awesome, but that's just my opinion.
Animal Crossing:
Name: pj
Town: terrytwn

My collection:
myurl

My Wishlist:
my

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2003, 03:21:50 PM »
Heck, they could have one in the Wind Waker for all we know.  There is a rather menacing looking bird enemy.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline JSR

• View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2003, 04:12:41 PM »
Dead Phoenix looks very interesting. But I think it’ll be a rental first. While the idea of flying through a city in the clouds is cool, I’m looking forward to P.N.03 and Viewtiful Joe more. Of course if Dead Phoenix turns out to be very cool I’ll probably buy it.
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline Icons by Size

• View Profile
Dead Pheonix
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2003, 04:13:46 PM »

I'm in about the same boat. I think I will be picking up Killer7 and Resident Evil 4 myself. Dead Phoenix is one that definately does interest me though, and I will be watching it.

Me too.
Deftones own.