Author Topic: Rev to Support CD-ROM Games on Virtual Console  (Read 8489 times)

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Rev to Support CD-ROM Games on Virtual Console
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2006, 07:15:13 AM »
Wow, I hope this means Sega CD will be supported as well. Robo Aleste and Odama on the same system? That'd give people the screwiest ideas about the Warring States period.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Rev to Support CD-ROM Games on Virtual Console
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006, 08:18:47 AM »
So the TG-16(PCE) card slot is whats under the flap on the front of the Rev?

wouldn't be nice if all old systems could be supported at sone point or another?
Disc based support: TG-16 CD, Sega CD, Saturn, NeoGeo CD, 3DO, CDi and if possible somewhere down the line; a hack to play PSX games.

Virtual Console support: NES, SNES, N64, GB/GBA(wireless transfer to DS), SMS, Genesis/32x, Saturn cartridge add ons, TG16(PCE), NeoGeo, Atari(all versions) & Jaguar.

If all(most) of that could be done on the Rev, it would instantly become the ultimate console!! Everyone(that considered themselves a gamer) would have to own one, on principle alone.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2006, 08:25:54 AM »
You could play some PS1 games on the Dreamcast, so there's no good reason Nintendo couldn't theoretically support it too if they wanted.

Offline Knoxxville

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »
I remember when I was a wee lad and managed to convice my rich friend (everybody had one....or WERE the one ;p) to get the TurboGraphx over the Genesis.  Man, I should be a lawyer, because the arguements I made were spec-TACK-ular!  Needless to say, I got to play Bonk, Dungeon Explorer, Vigilante, Legendary Axe (SPAUNG!), R-Type, Military Madness, and a great deal others on someone else dollar....now THAT'S GANGSTA!!

Plus they even sprung for the CD upgrade and so I got my Bloody Wolf, Y's, and 'Fighting Street' on....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, YOUTH!!    

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 03:12:32 PM »

Originally posted by: jasonditz
You could play some PS1 games on the Dreamcast, so there's no good reason Nintendo couldn't theoretically support it too if they wanted.

Except for the fact that the company that made it happen, Bleem, was sued nearly out of existance for doing that until the DC itself died...

http://www.armchairempire.com/Editorials/rip_bleem.htm
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 03:20:47 PM »
See what I want to know is if they'll let us download Japanese games that never came out over here and just have a label on it saying it isn't in English.  It's nice to have options.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 03:38:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Originally posted by: jasonditz

Except for the fact that the company that made it happen, Bleem, was sued nearly out of existance for doing that until the DC itself died...

http://www.armchairempire.com/Editorials/rip_bleem.htm

Sony never won that lawsuit, Bleem just didn't have enough money for the legal expenses.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 09:47:38 PM »
I think the courts even were in favour of Bleem but well, justice for the rich, persecution for the poor. Large companies can oppress anyone just by dragging out a frivolous lawsuit forever and waiting until the victim can't pay anymore. In theory there's a law against that but in practice it doesn't get invoked and I think it doesn't trigger until the attacker is defeated, which never happens.

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »
So, I assume this means only game downloads, and not original media? Original media could be cool. Maybe they could even add in old DOS games?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 07:42:13 PM »

Originally posted by: KirbySStar
See what I want to know is if they'll let us download Japanese games that never came out over here and just have a label on it saying it isn't in English.  It's nice to have options.

Yeah, Sin and Punishment plz~

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006, 09:20:20 PM »
It's terrible Infernal, I have those four games for the Sega CD....and hot damn, Jurassic Park is freaking AWESOME!!  Playing Phoenix Wright made me pop it back in and beat it...even if I got mauled by dinos again
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]