Author Topic: The Mailbag Lives!!!  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
The Mailbag Lives!!!
« on: July 15, 2005, 07:54:15 AM »
Yes, the PGC Mailbag is back with a new guy (me) and a new format - I answer everything unless I need to ask someone else for their expertise.  This way will be much faster than the roundtable format of old, so we can run the bag every single day if there are enough questions.  And you can ask absolutely anything, no matter how small or how big.  You can even send plain old comments (no question), or ask something about the site, though this forum can also still be used for that purpose.  A side benefit of me doing the bag is that I have all the connections to publishers, so I can track down more info on a particular game if need be.

Sound good?  Okay, send questions every day to bag@planetgamecube.com.  New address and ugly image link (on the main page; can't post images here) to avert spammers, who had COMPLETELY taken over the old address to the point that it was hard for us to even find the actual questions.  
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: The Mailbag Lives!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:56:13 AM »
What happened to the PGC Mailbag?  It's been MIA for a month and a half.  Did Jonny run out of time to answer questions?  Or did we run out of questions to ask?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 05:57:57 AM »
I may actually do a mailbag today because I'm stuck at home with a cold.  I just got really bogged down with school and all the fun PGC work that comes in the fall game release season.  It was easy to do in the summer because I didn't have much going on.  I'd really like someone else to take it over and do it more regularly, but people seem to want to use it for really technical questions on a broad range of topics, and I'm probably the best person on the staff for that kind of situation.  But I would go with second-best if it means more consistency in posting.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 04:15:58 PM »
I was beginning to think it was one of those too good to be true things.  You should just drop out of school and make a life as question answerer!
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:The Mailbag Lives!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 07:18:56 PM »
hey yeah whatever did happent o the mailbag? That was what brought me to PGC in the first place.  
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 11:49:23 PM »
The mailbag comes and goes.  I know Jonny loved doing it, and I enjoyed my brief stint after my trip to NOA.

I definately want to see it come back--the real difficulty is finding the time to regularly answer a mailbag.  Who knows, maybe I'll pick up the reigns once things settle down (as in, I finish school this quarter, go on some crazy adventure, then get situated with my job).
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 12:11:33 PM »
I'm trying to get Windy on the job.  Those of you who have been around for a long time may remember that he did the excellent mailbag at Nintendo Next/Nation.  We're trying to shuffle around his other duties so he can make time to revive the mailbag, but I don't know when it will happen.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 02:33:27 AM »
Hey guys what's going on in this thread? Another problem with the mailbag was getting regular questions that wern't terrible. I need a wheel that gives more turning!
OUT OF DATE.