Author Topic: Xbox 360 Kiosk. Lovely.  (Read 7697 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Xbox 360 Kiosk. Lovely.
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 08:24:09 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of an Xbox 360 that wasn't on its side.  I wonder if this counts as false advertising?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Xbox 360 Kiosk. Lovely.
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 08:31:24 AM »
It sounds like it, and I hope someone try's to sue over it, class action worldwide lawsuit.

But only cause I think it would be funny, and MS has too much money.
I mean seriously, it would have cost about.... 1 or 2 cents per Xbox 360 to add a few foam pads to hold the disc in place?

I hope someone makes it cost alot more than that now(re-calls, production halts & more bad press).

Offline Chris1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 08:45:53 AM »
so its has to play horizontaly and not vertical which allows at least some space saving?  Maybe its  a reason for japan's lackluster numbers, lol nah http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/675/675386p1.html

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2005, 09:24:34 AM »
Isn't the thing mounted vertically in the demo kiosks? Wouldn't that count as defining the vertical position as the normal orientation of the system?

Imagine demo kiosks with big labels on the console "don't do this at home"...

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Xbox 360 Kiosk. Lovely.
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 07:58:40 PM »
Since this is the "official" 360 thread, and I didn't want to make a new one, here's some interesting news about the 360 and HD concerning King Kong...

King-Kong, developed by Ubisoft, was one of the hot titles that populated XBox 360's launch game list. But now, officials at Ubisoft say gamers should avoid the XBox version.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said that King-Kong on the X360 can appear too dark on standard TVs, making the game "unplayable." "I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see it when we were developing the game," Guillemot said.
The problem comes out of the fact that the team who developed the game didn't test it on ordinary TV sets but only on high definition TV.
Now that's just ridiculous...
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 09:14:52 PM »
Play your dark King Kong on your crashing vertical 360!  New experiences comin' at ya LIKE WHUT.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 04:25:49 AM »
It must be pitch black if Ubisoft considers it "too dark to play". Ubisoft games are already dark enough to be unplayable without turning up the brightness.