Author Topic: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?  (Read 79931 times)

Offline GDK

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2003, 11:09:37 AM »
"Xbox is bad for the gaming industry, period! Anyone who disagrees with that is ignorant.?

Good grief, what a bloated statement. I personally think that Xbox has done some good for the industry, namely introducing home LAN console gaming, but then again, I'm "ignorant."  

yeah, sure buddy

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2003, 12:52:25 PM »

Good grief, what a bloated statement. I personally think that Xbox has done some good for the industry, namely introducing home LAN console gaming, but then again, I'm "ignorant."

You are, in fact, being ignorant.  What you fail to realize is LAN gaming has been available for years prior to M$ incorporating it.  Thay've done nothing except churn out hype since before the release of XBOX.  I mean, how long have we been hearing about Fable being the best RPG ever?  2 years now?  It gets old real quick.  And i'm tired of going to a local Gamestop and hearing ' DOA:xb looks phat, yo! damn!'
Graphic mongers, all of ya!  Rant-over..
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2003, 12:56:53 PM »
Gee, you should have been around when I was playing Doom LAN parties 10 years ago...

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2003, 07:54:38 PM »
Actually, I'm pretty sure Sony introduced console LAN gaming with the PlayStation (Even though only a handful of games actually used the feature). GDK did say "console", not "PC"..

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2003, 07:10:46 AM »

Xbox is bad for the gaming industry, period! Anyone who disagrees with that is ignorant.

LMAO, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

There is nothing wrong with the X-box, the only reason everyone here hates it is because it has created yet another hurdle for Nintendo.
Simply bitterness if you ask me.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2003, 07:38:14 AM »
If xbox wasn't around PS2 would probably still be around $250 and gamcube around $170-$200. The gamer wins with competition.

If xbox has done nothing to forward the console industry then don't use that argument in denfense of the gamecube. Anyone see where that sentence is going....?

Furthermore can we get rid of this notion that becuase microsoft is some kind of evil demon that nintendo is some kind of angel. Same line of thinking as the people jerk it to a center-fold of the next nintendo console.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2003, 07:41:35 AM »

LMAO, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

There is nothing wrong with the X-box, the only reason everyone here hates it is because it has created yet another hurdle for Nintendo.
Simply bitterness if you ask me.

My problem is the continued hype...and it is annoying to hear, and it puts me off even further when calling their games the best ever, yet they aren't even released.  Thats about my only problem, besides lack of exclusive AAA games .  I have no reason to buy XBOX right now, and am perfectly content with  GC games.  And PC.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2003, 08:17:29 AM »
Well said Omen. I mean here in NZ, at the end of every Xbox ad it says "Games are better on Xbox". You ask yourself, the games are better than what? What allows them to say that game are better on Xbox? Is there some kind of scienitic proof? You know, like toothpaste, but even then they only compare it to thier own pervious version of toothpaste not the competition. You ask, are they lying? Is it legal?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2003, 11:07:19 AM »
What other xbox firsts do you guys want to find a technicallity on, while were on this note. DD5.1, the hardrive built in.

Anyway, without reading to much into the commericials as you seem to with the whole legality thing... Games are better on xbox. Meaning the games that you can compare easily. Meaning 3rd party games. If games are built on ps2 technology then moved to the xbox and it looks better on the xbox then thats gotta be something good. The sound is better. Sometimes extra features may be added. Gameplay would pretty much go hand and hand between a port of a game unless the controls got mangled or something. Or if they were mangled right from the start.  I can't really speak for the gamecube on this subject becuase to my knowledge, no game has been released that was made for the gc then came out on the xbox. However I can think of a few that came from xbox, then to the gc such as Wreckless or Splinter Cell. Dead to Rights could be another but that was largely based off Max Payne, which came from the PC. But the graphics and sound quality from wreckless and Splinter Cell werent as good when they went over to gc. *Waits to here flames about such and such gameplay wasn't as good as such and such gamecube titles so it doesn't matter.

So I'll spare you the time or telling me that and move to the inevadable. Graphics do matter. No as much as gameplay, but graphics matter. If nobody cared then we wouldn't have evolved past tetris.  

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2003, 11:15:52 AM »
I think this thread has run its course.  It's mostly fanboy flaming (from both sides) anyways.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers