Author Topic: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?  (Read 79930 times)

Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2003, 03:27:44 PM »
I don't think anyone really "hates" the xbox.  We use the word hate too freely.  I think people are just disgusted with Microsoft consistently making sub-par products that aren't worth what you paid for them.  The Xbox IS a quality machine (although faulty systems were made), but now Microsoft is just relying on hype and the "cool" factore rather than worthy titles to sell their product (DOA: beach volleyball is a real good example).  Its not only the X-box though.  Microsoft operating systems are just awful IMO.  They are unreliable, crash, freeze, anything that could go wrong, you name it, it happens.  I had some more that I wanted to say but I forget.  It'll come to me later
it was time for a change.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2003, 04:53:39 PM »
im in full support of mouse_clicker (just look at my signiture ^_^) some people do get rather carried away, to put it mildly =\
but i do really dislike microsoft with a passion, mostly for their pc products, anyone who knows anything about PCs will agree what an abomination windowsMe was, XP is thankfully alot more stable, but still has daft problems/messages in it, rah =\

fanboys of any console are bad, they give people bad impressions =\ and ive encounted ALOT of xbawx fanboys, its scary, does that machine have some form of mind altering ray built into the controller that messes with your head and causes you to become a microsoft zealot =\

back to my gamecube /me played the 3rd level of the 2nd area of Gauntlet Dark Legacy

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2003, 04:59:28 PM »
That's the problem again.

Too many ... . (heck you figure out this word yourself).  Now if i were to post freely that i have an xbox console i would immediately get stereotyped as an idiot or something.
They give us bad names and get people thinking about a group.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2003, 08:12:47 PM »
No, actually you wouldn't, masterpiece- sure, SOME Nintendo fanboys would bash you, calling YOU a fanboy in turn, but msot of us wouldn't care. Heck, you might even get some fellow XBox-owning Nintendo fans in there talking with you about it. Unfortunatly, nobody remembers anything other than the fanboys.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2003, 01:52:36 AM »
I hated any competition to Nintendo, and I didn't really know why. You guys have pointed out every single feeling I have against Microsoft that I couldn't put into words.
- I hated the way they made the system
- I hate the way they market their system: Using negative PR and hype.
- I just hate Bill Gates.
- Their exclusive games just don't have that 'magic', something only Nintendo games have. I played Blinx, and having techno music in a platform game is a no-no. And what's with the vacuum cleaner? Blinx uses it to get rid of trash (hence the name Time SWEEPER), and he can use the trash as projectiles to hit enemies. No other game lets you use a vacuum in this generation, other than Luigi's Mansion, and that is the obviously the inspiration for it.

I hate it when developers say "[Insert Nintendo game here] was the inspiration for our platform/futuristic racer/shooter/adventure/kart racing/puzzle game". So if it was, why don't they make for the N64/Cube instead of the PS2 or XBox?
If you read the feature "What has Nintendo ever done for us" in Australian CUBE Magazine #5, you can see everything they've made trends in the industry, and you can see what I mean.

Sorry to be off topic, but that Blinx guy just gave me an inkling i needed to get out of my system against the originality of some peoples games for other systems.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 01:33:03 PM »
it's really just that fanboys of one system despise any rival system. it applies to Xbox, PS2, and Nintendo fanboys.
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline codyy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2003, 01:58:07 PM »
I don't go looking for a fight...they just so happen as to come to me. I'm just defending my console. I do care if it hits the wall or doesn't do well because that would mean I would have to buy something other than Nintendo **shudder**. How unbearable.

Video games for Nerds? what planet are you from? Well, here on earth, it is cool to own any console no matter what it is.
besides I find great fun out of bashing other consoles. don't you? Then why are you writing on this forum? Be gone foul vermin!!!
befor anyone did anything, Nintendo and Sega did Everything.

Screw technology. I'm going to play some donkey kong junior...
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token..."
--Edgar Allen Poe, The Raven, 1845.

To liberals everywhere: HA!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2003, 02:45:55 PM »
codyy: I believe the gamers are geek thing applies to hardcore gamers, and ANYONE who's hardcore enough to discuss videogames in a forum message board is a geek. Nobody can deny it- hardcore gamers ARE geeks. No exceptions. It doesn't mean we're annoying or pasty, as per the stereotype, but we ARE geeks.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2003, 03:21:05 PM »
Another reason why you'd get 'bashed' here is that you're openly claiming your love for the XBox in a Nintendo Forum. Even if this forum allows talk of other consoles, there will be more bashing of other console fanboys than seemingly intelligent discussions about the implied topic. If the topic says 'Why do Nintendo fans hate XBox so much?' then everyone here is gonna say their reasons why they hate it. Then some of you guys will say you like it! If you like it, start a thread called 'Why do Nintendo fans like XBox so much?' and you will get sarcastic replys saying how they love Bill Gates over Shigeru Miyamoto.

So if you really want to say you love Xbox, go to an Xbox forum, where you will be praised and slapped on the back, instead of knocked down and spit on, so to speak.

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2003, 05:09:12 PM »
I haven't viewed any bashing of users on this site, just systems (and even that is a rare occasion when its down-right bashing, sure there are a lot of off-hand jokes, but thats obviously for humor), so I don't see what everyone else is talking about.  The only people that have bashed other users are people no one, well, at least, I don't pay attention to because they consistently have everything to say, and nothing to input to any of the conversations on the threads.
Now, I can say I'm not a fan of the X-box, I don't like how Bill Gates needs to try to get his greedy paws into the gaming business, however, its good that there is competition.  It forces the other companies to come out with higher quality and cheaper products.  Not to say that Nintendo's products aren't  high-quality, but Nintendo is now getting a better feel for what the mainstream wants through its competition with sony and x-box.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2003, 03:52:22 AM »
Quite right Marcus Arillius.

Competition is good, and it has made Nintendo see where it stands in terms of the mainstream game market, but a rival that wants to monopolise the market, and even wanted to buy you, is not really a rivial. It becomes a personal matter. Nintendo stands for everything in the passion of games, and game design. That is what I love about them. But Microsoft has overshadowed that with greediness, arrogance and ignorance, and that i why I hate them, but is also the reason why most people like them.

Offline codyy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2003, 01:03:25 PM »
I agree mouse clicker. I just don't like being called a nerd. Acording to Webster's Dictionary a nerd is a person regaurded as dull, unsophiticated, ineffective etc. whereas a geek is any person considered different in a bizzare way. I am different and i am not dull or unsophiticated, as are all of you. (and for allyou who are going to bash me that i looked up nerd and geek in the dictionary--shove off)

Be gone...foul Xbox fanboys!!! Go back into that hole you call a Xbox Forum!!!
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token..."
--Edgar Allen Poe, The Raven, 1845.

To liberals everywhere: HA!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2003, 02:00:59 PM »
We are not dull and sophisticated! I'm sure most of us have active social lives. Maybe.

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2003, 03:50:54 PM »
Speak for your self . Anyway, Ive played xbox, Halo,and some others. Do I enjoy them? hell yes! I can only speak for halo, very good game. I dont buy an xbox is because my friends have one. I just dont like it when I play their boxes they think that I dont like the cube anymore, and get on my case. but when there playen the cube and enjoying it, they turn around and deny that they had fun. Bleedin heart liberals.
I am what I created. Believing in my fate. Integrity is my name.
All that I am doin, can never be ruined. The Torn Outlaw.

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2003, 05:39:10 PM »
I have one (a social life), its just on hold until I get off of punishment (I had a run in with the po-po) but PlanetGamecube can be my social life until then.  Technically, we are all being social with eachother, so this could be considered a social life, a pathetic one.  Just Kidding.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2003, 11:37:26 AM »
Cultural definitions of geek and nerd are as followed:

A nerd is someone who is extremely book smart. They get great grades in school and generally aren't troublemakers. They've severely departed from the stereostype depicted in Revenge of the Nerds, but they ARE very smart.

A geek is someone who is obsessed with something. They aren't necessarily booksmart, at least in fields other than their area of interest. these are your hardcore hobbiests.

I myself have been described as a nerd- my GPA is usually 4.0 or a little higher (due to honors classes- I'll be in 3 next year). But I DO have a social life, and a pretty good one at that. I have a close knit group of friends of around 6 or so and innumerous close acquaintances that I talk to every day (it's kinda hard not to when you high school has some 2,400 students). I'm also a geek, as is everyone hardcore enough to go to an internet message board. I'm obsessed with videogames, Middle-Earth flaura (all of Tolkien's work, not just LotR), and Star Wars. Just because you're a geek or a nerd doesn't mean you're annoying or boring- I don't know too many people that use those terms in the dictionary sense.

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2003, 12:52:36 PM »
My friend must be a big geek, he is learning to speak elvish and other middle earth languages. me? Im no nerd. just plain when it comes to studies. I am working for my GED I started when I was 15( Im now 16). Am I a Geek? maybe. I enjoy all kinds of racing, thats why every 7 out of 10 games of mine are racing.

My social life was lacking when I was homeschooled(explains a lot in more ways that one heh?) Well I finally started hanging out with some people and I have a good social life of about 10 people But the problem is that they all live 10 miles from me, so about 3 times during the mid-week Im In the area and hang. Then I stay the whole weekend Im going to take some time out and thank the almighty Lord for cars.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2003, 01:43:34 PM »
I've always wanted to learn evlish, either Quenya or Silvan (or both), but I don't really have the persistance to pursue that. I may some day, though.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2003, 01:58:05 PM »
The way you guys say you are not nerds or geeks makes you more of a nerd or geek.

Back on topic please?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2003, 03:14:44 PM »
Termin8: Well, I'm not claiming I'm not a geek or an nerd- I could be described as both. But I think most wll agree were're not like the stereotypical view.

Anyway, back on topic, system bashing really isn't prevalent here- most of us here aren't the type to bash a console, although I won't say ALL of us. Regardless, I think anyone here could express their interest in either a Gamecube or a PS2 without getting any serious flack. Hell, most of the staffers of PGC own at least an XBox or PS2 in addition to their Gamecube (at least I HOPE they all have Gamecubes ).

Offline dumdum

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2003, 04:26:07 PM »
I dont understan people who say "I will DIE before you see me touch an xbox controller with a 10-foot pole"

I mean WTF? I mean i tend to go for the games, not the system. I have an xbox and a cube and i enjoy them both very much. Im trying to cut back so i can get a PS2 and its AAA titles. Dont be such fanboys(to everyone not just nintendo's) and just play the games. Every system has really good games.

And to the comments about how the architecture of the xbox sucks: Yeah, so? Doesnt it produce the best graphics and effects??? and do you open up you're box and look at the inside while you're playing??? And besides it fits very nicely on top of my reciever and vcr.

I pity all the ones who say that they HATE MS/sony and theyll never buy a product from them. You are missing out on a lot.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2003, 04:58:15 PM »
well as long as nintendo is still second overall in sales world wide i am ok, but i still dont like the xbox. and i need to give my shout outs.

"I don't hate Xbox. I hate those annoying Xbox Fanboys."

codyy

thats solid bro

"Many PGC staff have Xboxen, myself included. And I have a whopping THREE games for it. I don't hate the Xbox, I just wish there was more decent games to play on it."

aw very nice mr rick powers

and here ya go

"No, I think EVERYBODY hates MS.  Not a whole lot of us hate the XBox, but MS we see as the reincarnation of Satan. I only use Windows because almost every good PC game is exclusive to it. A lot of us don't buy an XBox either because we have no interest in it or we make ourselves THINK we have no interest i it because the XBox is a threat to the Gamecube. Unfortunatly, the fanboys are much more vocal on their opinions of MS and the XBox, hence people generalizing *all* Nintendo fans into the "XBox hating category". I'd buy an XBox in an instant if I could afford it. I mean, I've got the $200 for the system, but I my income is what my parent's give me in allowance, and that's barely enough to support my PS2 and Gamecube. I don't wanna buy a system only to acquire 2 or 3 games for it, no matter how many more I WANT to get."

good ole' mouse clicker, a man after my own heart. i especailly like it when u referred to m$ as the reincarnation of satan.

and yes i suppose i will just admit to it.......i hate micorsoft, and i think it would have been better if they had never entered the console wars. hopefully it will end up hurting them in the end though. no matter how many consoles they sell this generation, they will always be last in profits, and thats all i really want. cuz i know when next generation comes around, they wont be able to give away everything for free. and no one will buy an xbox2 and they still wont make any money. then it will go back to the 2 console  race like it should be. and to get more back to the topic, i am not sure why i hate m$. i think it may be their dumb ass fan boys. i still dont hate sony and never did, but there is something about m$ that i jsut dont like. if it was anyone elses console, i wouldnt dislike it at all. i like sega, and always did. m$ is just an easy company to hate......because they are evil.  
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2003, 06:47:29 AM »
We all agree on one thing, right? M$ can't stand to see a compony that has the power to make money. So they spend amazing amounts of money to muscle there way in and dominate the market. I don't think M$ is just the reincarnation of satan, They are the reincarnation of hell! The xbox only fans are ignorant and blinded. All they talk about and play is halo. Iv'e played some games for the box that I have for my cube, and they don't match up.

Elvish is fun to learn mouse_clicker. you can find yourself an elvish name and use it to mess with peoples minds. I want to find a dwarfish for myself

Offline Cashcow

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2003, 09:31:36 AM »

The xbox only fans are ignorant and blinded.

You realize how hypocritical that sounds, right? If you mean the "only Xbox fans" or "Xbox's only fans", that is...

Back on topic: People usually hate consoles that they don't own or can't have.

<(0_________o)>

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »
People who hate everything because they cannot have it will have a miserable lefe from high school on. There problem, it just makes me making fun of them that much easier.