Author Topic: Four Naruto Games Coming to America in 2006  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Four Naruto Games Coming to America in 2006
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:29:48 AM »
Two for GameCube and two for GBA.

SHONEN JUMP's NARUTO Coming To North America!  D3Publisher of America & TOMY Corporation  Announce Co-Publishing Agreement For  Nintendo GameCubeâ„¢ & Game Boy®Advance    

Four Games To Be Released Based on Mega Hit Ninja Series

LOS ANGELES - Oct. 17, 2005 - D3Publisher of America, Inc. (D3PA), a  publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software, today  announced a North American co-publishing agreement with TOMY Corporation for  video games based on VIZ Media's hit anime series - SHONEN JUMP's NARUTO.  The agreement calls for the release of four games: one title each for the  Nintendo GameCubeâ„¢ and Game Boy® Advance in early 2006, and in the second  half of 2006.

Featured exclusively in the monthly SHONEN JUMP Magazine, NARUTO adventures  by creator Masashi Kishimoto are read by over 750,000 readers in the US.  NARUTO stories are also available in graphic novels from VIZ Media at  bookstores and retailers nationwide. NARUTO recently debuted on Cartoon  Network in the US and YTV in Canada, achieving phenomenal launch ratings  with Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14. In Japan, since publication began in 1999 in  Weekly Shonen Jump, and based on the manga's popularity, the anime made its  debut on TV TOKYO in 2002.  Since then, NARUTO has become one of the most  popular animated shows achieving immense success as a TV title as well as a  licensed property for toys, trading card games and video games.

"The co-publishing agreement with TOMY represents an excellent opportunity  for D3PA to leverage a superb property in SHONEN JUMP's NARUTO," commented  Yoji Takenaka, executive vice president and COO for D3PA. "The success of  NARUTO in Japan has eclipsed the Dragonball Z franchise, so we are looking  forward to these releases in North America and the prospect of working with  VIZ Media and TOMY."

NARUTO takes place in a world where ninja hold the ultimate power. Infused  with the spirit of a once fearsome Nine-Tailed Fox, Naruto Uzumaki is a  ninja-in-training who is learning the art of Ninjutsu with his classmates  Sakura and Sasuke. The trio studies under the instruction of their teacher,  Kakashi, who helps the group face dangerous and daunting tests and  challenges. Through their adventures, the young ninjas learn the importance  of friendship, teamwork, loyalty, hard work, creativity, ingenuity, and  right versus wrong.

"We already knew we had a potential hit on our hands based on our experience  with NARUTO in Japan" said Isamu Takahashi, Managing Director & Chief  International Operating officer of TOMY Company, Ltd.  "However, we needed  to translate not only the games, but the compelling qualities of the NARUTO  property. We met with many publishers in the U.S. and were impressed by  D3Publisher of America's knowledge of interactive entertainment, awareness  and enthusiasm for TOMY's Naruto titles and the enthusiasm with which they  pursued the arrangement. We are confident that along with VIZ Media and  Nintendo, the partnership with D3PA will recreate in North America the  phenomenal success NARUTO enjoyed in Japan."

A smash-hit when originally released in Japan, TOMY and D3PA will release  several of the popular titles in 2006 including: NARUTO: Clash of Ninja  (Gekito Ninja Taisen) and NARUTO: Clash of Ninja 2: (Gekito Ninja Taisen 2)  for the Nintendo GameCubeâ„¢ and NARUTO: Ninja Council (Saikyuo Ninja  Daikesshu) and an additional title for Game Boy® Advance.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Four Naruto Games Coming to America in 2006
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 08:27:34 AM »
I was about to say "Oh boy, no need to import anymore" when I realized that Naruto's stateside voice-acting is absolutely horrid...Since I doubt there will be a Japanese voice option, it looks like I'll be importing the fourth game as well... =\
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:38:22 AM »
I suppose we'll have to wait a while for three and especially four since the US needs to catch up with the series...if they release them at all (I totally didn't read the whole article, so I could be wrong ) and that's not cool.  I want Gekito Ninja Taisen 4 NOW.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:47:58 AM »
btw how bad has been the editing of Naruto over there? was the show named like "the adventures of Nate the ninja" or something like that? I wouldnt be surprised.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:08:31 AM »
I hope they put the improvements from the later games into those, GNT1 was supposedly very flawed. Meh whatever, I'm happy with my GNT3 even though I don't get the story (never watched the series that far).

Offline Bartman3010

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 10:08:37 AM »
Outside of lisenced songs, blood and some scenes frozen to cover up things that'd be too questionable, Naruto is doing very well, edits wise its just fine. The BG music is also the same and its rated TV PG! On Toonami! The only other TV PG show outside of AS is Dragon Ball Z - Uncut.

Cartoon Network wins.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 12:43:28 PM »
If there isn't an option to switch to Japanese audio with subtitles where needed then I will not purchase these games.

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 12:49:43 PM »
You know what game with Naruto people really want? Jump Superstars.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 02:04:59 PM »
JEEZ, I've only seen two English episodes of Naruto, and yeah I haven't heard the Japanese version, but I did'nt find the voice acting *bad*.  I mean, compared to One Piece's English voices.... From what I've heard the English cast is just very *different*.  After watchin over a hundred Japanese episodes, though, I can understand why fans would confuse different with bad.  Folks don't like change, especially to their beloved characters.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Four Naruto Games Coming to America in 2006
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 02:09:58 PM »

Originally posted by: TheYoungerPlumber
Folks don't like change, especially when it's for the worse.

Fixed...  (I recommend you hit up some Japanese Naruto)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 04:38:36 PM »
I just don't like it when they force dubs on me.  I'd like the option of the original audio.  It's not much to ask for really.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 04:56:52 PM »
Seen all 155 naruto episodes and I must say the english is the best dub I have ever seen. Cynical types are likely to disagree but not all that bad. The only gripe is Sakura's voice is so annoying in english but so is her character so whatever.  Good to see more Cube games for 2006 even if they're old to us.  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 07:20:55 PM »

Originally posted by: TheYoungerPlumber
From what I've heard the English cast is just very *different*.  After watchin over a hundred Japanese episodes, though, I can understand why fans would confuse different with bad.  Folks don't like change, especially to their beloved characters.

Different is bad when you are trying to translate the experience, is it not?  What makes me kind of angry about the Naruto dub is that it is so immensely popular, it baffles me that the emotion in the voice acting could be that off.  I am a Naruto freak so i notice when the inflections in people's voices (kakashi especially) are completely off to the point it strips them of their personality.  I'm sure the voice actors aren't completely to blame.  I bet with Naruto's eminent popularity, Viz only allows 1 or 2 takes to stay on schedule, but I don't understand why the voice actors couldn't give the subs a decent watch through to get some of the feeling down.  The beginning of naruto is so popular for a reason - the cast and animators nailed it in Japanese.

"If there isn't an option to switch to Japanese audio with subtitles where needed then I will not purchase these games."

That is kind of unreasonable - the subtitles i mean.  It would be nice if they had the japanese game ala sonic adventure 2 battle though.  Then if the voices bothered you that much (and they would for me) you can switch between menues.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 10:02:31 PM »
Thank you God.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 01:31:17 AM »
Oh no a thing was altered in an anime I watched like a year ago oh noes!

It's gonna be a laughter copter if I'm playing NT4 when the US nublets are playing NT1.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 03:33:45 PM »
If?  You mean when we are right?
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers