Author Topic: Mario Baseball and Geist Demos in stores now.  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Mario Baseball and Geist Demos in stores now.
« on: August 01, 2005, 05:46:40 AM »
The Demo kiosks now have Mario Baseball and Geist...or atleast some of them do, because in Arlington, Texas I ran into one.

Mario Baseball was alot of fun, which was surprising because I just didn't know how you could turn Mario into a good Baseball game.  Well I was wrong, Its a great Baseball game.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Mario Baseball and Geist Demos in stores now.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 06:51:12 AM »
I was aware of Mario Baseball, but I didn't know there was a Geist demo =O  I must go forth into the village!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 12:32:24 PM »
"AT LAST, AT LAST!  THIS MUST BE THE SIGN WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT LEADS ME TO THE GRAIL!" -- Sir Lancelot, the Brave.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 05:07:03 PM »
I've played Mario Baseball, but since that was in Blockbuster they didn't have Geist (rated M...). There is supposedly a version of the latest demo with Donkey Konga 2 on it floating around as well...

Offline MrMojoRising

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Baseball and Geist Demos in stores now.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:38:54 PM »
I got my hands on both of the demos today and I was rather impressed.  Mario baseball was good fun, I was really bad at hitting for the first couple of batters before I got the hang of it...but then I got four runs in the second inning.  I haven't enjoyed playing a baseball game that much since I used to play RBI baseball on my genesis.

I was worried about Geist having heard some bad reviews and such.  I didn't get as much time with it as I would have liked, but I got enough to get a feel for the game.  There's a really long cinematic sequence before the first level in the demo that you can't skip, which is stupid because when you're at a demo station you just want to play the game, not watch a movie for five minutes...but anyways, the graphics look a bit dated; it's comparable to a first generation GC game I'd say.  The controls were really goofy at first, the control sticks were switched so I was trying to aim with my left thumb and walk with my right, then I went into the options and noticed that "switch control sticks" was on  The aiming was a little touchy, but it wasn't too bad.  I really like how the crosshairs on the screen turn into little action signs for whatever action you can take (a speech bubble to talk, an eye to examine more closely).  For me it's going to come down to how the multi-player is, since I've never bought a FPS for the single player mode, while possessing things seems fun, it doesn't seem $50 fun...

Offline raptorspike

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Baseball and Geist Demos in stores now.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 05:09:29 AM »
I am all for the super-realistic sports games (i.e. EA Sports). But Mario Superstar baseball was the s**t. I had so much fun playing it, I didn't want to leave the store.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 09:10:25 AM »
goes tyo show you....i looked negatively at it.,..but come to think of it...i fucking loved Mario Tennis!  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post