Author Topic: Memory Card Tranfer  (Read 1723 times)

Offline AdamsMom

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Memory Card Tranfer
« on: October 25, 2004, 01:36:08 PM »
How do I transfer my data from my friend's memory card back to my memory card on ANimal Crossing?

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
RE: Memory Card Tranfer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 04:49:53 PM »
Im pretty sure you cant transfer Animal Crossing data. Sorry, that sucks though since its your friend's.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
RE:Memory Card Tranfer
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 05:31:50 AM »
You should be able to copy a save file from your friend's memory card to your card.

Insert your friend's memory card into MC Slot B and start the GameCube without a disc so you can go into the 'Cube's system menu. Go into the Memory Card menu and you'll see the option to transfer data from one memory card to the other.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 05:42:28 AM »
nope a few of the more recent games do not allow you to copy memory card saves. These include f-zero, phantasy star and Animal Crossing. I'm sure there is a few others as well. I suppose with the right cheat device however you can copy memory cards.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 09:40:33 AM »
Really?

That sucks.

Here's the thing, I recently transferred all of the save files from my Memory Card 251 onto a 64Mb Nyko Memory Card. While I haven't tested all of the save files for all of my games - the ones I have played since copying the files load the duplicated save files without any problems.

Could it be some sort of electronic serial number that ties the save file(s) to a specific machine. A digital security system that tells the GameCube that the Memory Card data was created on that machine or a foriegn (meaning not yours) GameCube, where it would be readable but "copy protected" as a deterrent to "cheating"?
PEACE--->Rhoq