Author Topic: xbox 360 controller  (Read 4147 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
xbox 360 controller
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »
i bought one and then left on the d-pad started to get mushy i had to push it down hard for it to work so i returned it but they didn't have any others so now i dont have one

0/10
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: xbox 360 controller
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:08:26 AM »
Careful. Many games and programs don't read the diagonals on a coolie hat properly which is what the XC controller reports its dpad as. Maybe you pressed slightly diagonal.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 02:17:04 AM »
That is a lie!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:25:01 PM »
Is this still the funhouse, or do you guys just not make sense?

P.S., that's really lame.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »
I got a new controller and the previous problem was fixed but the D-Pad feels mushy and loose and terrible this time.  Desafortunadamente I don't think I can return it because it "feels funny," and even if it could I used a coupon last time for 10 bux off =S

0/10

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 04:15:48 AM »
I need a new PC controller to play FFXI with.  Mine goes dumb on me, Right on the analoge stick doesn't always work right.  pressed all the way right should be running in that direction, but it acts like it's only being barely pushed.  I know this is doing this because I saw it working wrong in the gamepad config options for the game, and no matter how may times I fix it if it does it, it will still doing it at any given time.  and once it does it, it won't go back to normal unless I turn off my computer.

so hence the reason for a new controller.  but i dont' like the xb360 controller.  my current one is more like the ps2 controller, +pad then stick on left and stick on the right.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:14:45 AM »
PS2 clones are a dime a dozen. I've got the Speedlink "Stormtrooper" pad, the "Thunderstrike" seems to be the successor. When you're using digital mode the analog stick has a good deadzone that allows pulling off specials in fighting games easily. For games like Melty Blood it's much better than the game's deadzone. So it makes a better 2d game controller than the XC controller.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 04:30:51 PM »
HEY GUYS, I had more problems with controller #2 like having the D-Pad stop working entirely for periods of time.  I managed to return it without consequence so now I'm on my third controller.  Let me just say that it's inevitable that Microsoft will eventually be sued by somone who lost a finger while trying to open their controller packages.  No one on earth has done enough evil to deserve having to open one of thos things THREE TIMES.  I've lost faith in God.

This controller, although I haven't tested it out yet, seems to be the worst of the bunch.  Both analog sticks are looser than last time and the D-Pad has the same mushy feel.  Like the last one, the pad seems to be really loose and sometimes when I press in a direction the pad hits the side....well, it's hard to explain, so I won't try anymore.  But it's crap.  I'd figure it's a problem with ALL 360 controllers, but my first one was fine in this regard, it's just that one of the directions didn't work.  Boourns.

So I've come to the conclusion that, while my first impressions of the 360 controller were positive, it's really pretty poor.  Maybe my Best Buy gets sent all the rejects, but I've had a lot of problems with my controllers (which I've tested on both a PC and a 360) which indicates to me that there's some shoddy work being done.  The shape really isn't all that confortable, and there's something just "ehh" about the placement of analogue sticks (even though I like the GC controller...).  The sticks themselves aren't too great (the bumps on them HURT ME >=O), and I hate not having the eight noches like on the GC controller.  The shoulder triggers are identical to the ones on the Dreamcast, which I always disliked.  Once again I prefer the click on the GC controller, but that may just be because I'm used to it.  I also hate how when I reach over to hit the Start buttons my finger hits the second analogue stick.  The buttons are okay, but the A and B buttons shoudl be switched.  It's too expensive.

The good news?  The cord is pretty long.

I can't believe I've ranted this long about a controller.  Sigh.  Anyway, if this one doesn't work I'm giving up for good.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 09:29:59 AM »

The good news? The cord is pretty long.
That will be useful when it comes time to hang yourself because you need to open a fourth clamshell.    
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 11:54:21 AM »
That's a good idea.  I think I'll go kill myself now.

So yeah, same fucking problem.  Left on the D-Pad doesn't work unless I push it down harder than I should have to.  I'm returning this and I think I'm going to give up, I don't see why a fourth controller would be any better.

I really liked having the 360 controller simply because if I ever got a 360 I would have an extra controller, and I could bring it over to a friend's house or something if we ever needed an extra one.  But three out of three controllers had shoddy d-pads, and that's mostly what I use, so I think I'll give up.  Or maybe not, it might be hilarious to see how many I go through before I get one that works.  If I keep it up I think I might get a good one by my senenth or eight try.

EDIT:  On a whim I decided to take apart the controller for kicks and giggles.  I advise against doing this with all of my power.  Cuz holy ****.  That thing is IMPOSSIBLE to get apart without destorying both it and your fingers.  It's harder than the package.  And putting it back together is harder than that.  Not fin at all.

The Wavebird was easy to take apart and fix, so another point goes to nintendo.

0/0