Author Topic: Best of the Wii: Mario Kart Wii  (Read 1503 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
Best of the Wii: Mario Kart Wii
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:17:35 AM »

Pale, Tyler, and Neal sit down to rap about Mario Kart Wii.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/31779

Our seventh-best first-party Wii game is Mario Kart Wii, the 2008 release that brought the Wii Wheel into existence.

Mike Gamin and Tyler Ohlew join Neal Ronaghan to chat about the awesome online, the creative courses, and the overall wonderful experience they all had with Mario Kart's sixth iteration. They even discuss Canada at some point since, well, Tyler's a Canadian and Mike can shout at him from across a Great Lake.

Offline HeyItsMe

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the Wii: Mario Kart Wii
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
Oh gee. I think this Mario Kart is my favorite. I spent so much time unlocking everything. Mario Kart 7 was a disappointment for me. I think I got hit by 3 blue shells in one race in mirror mode. Oh the rage!!! It's a great game though.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the Wii: Mario Kart Wii
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
I don't like racing games and have no love for Mario Kart in general. But this game was an integral part of my Wii experience because it got played so much with friends and family. Perfectly approachable and great to play together with a group, Mario Kart racked up more gaming hours than most of my preferred games. We still haven't unlocked everything years later.

Not one of my personal favorites, but undeniably one of the best Wii titles around.
NNID: ejamer