Author Topic: Frogger Returns Announced for DSiWare  (Read 951 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Frogger Returns Announced for DSiWare
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:03:51 AM »
After making a grand return on WiiWare, Frogger continues his street crossing adventure on DSiWare.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=22895

Konami has announced that Frogger Returns will be released for DSiWare later in the spring. This also happens to be the first game by Konami released for DSiWare. Frogger Returns is an updated version of the classic arcade game. Players guide a frog named Frogger through very busy and dangerous streets. The object is to get to the other side. The DSiWare version will retain the 3D graphics seen in the WiiWare version, as well as power-ups and a new perspective.    

KONAMI ANNOUNCES FROGGER RETURNS FOR NINTENDO DSiWARE™     Konami's First DSiWare™ Title Leaps Onto Handhelds   for an All-New Adventure This Spring  El Segundo, Calif. - April 12, 2010 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced its first ever Nintendo DSiWare™ title, Frogger Returns. Based on the highly successful WiiWare™ version,Frogger Returns will soon be delivering the classic dodge-and-run gameplay fans remember and still love as a downloadable game on Nintendo's portable handheld platform.      "As Konami's first foray into the DSiWare™ space, we wanted to provide consumers with a fan favorite that would have mass appeal across a broad audience," said Shinji Hirano, President of Konami Digital Entertainment Inc., "With Frogger Returns, we are taking the heart-pounding challenge of arcade Frogger, and giving it a new look for the Nintendo DSi™ with colorful graphics, updated gameplay, new obstacles and much more."     In Frogger Returns, players guide Frogger out of the hectic commotion of city streets and back to the safety of his home marsh. Staying true to its origins, Frogger Returns offers classic gameplay with colorful 3D graphics, as well as a new perspective, all-new levels and enemies. Game-changing power-ups add a fresh spin, while multiple gameplay modes raise the stakes and give players the freedom to attack their top scores, race against the clock, or simply get Frogger to his home pad.     Frogger Returns will be available for download this Spring on Nintendo DSiWare. For more information, please visit www.konami.com/froggerreturns.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Frogger Returns Announced for DSiWare
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:01:39 PM »
I was planning on getting this for WiiWare but I'd much rather have a portable version of it. If the conversion holds up well I'll get this instead.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast