Author Topic: Nintendo game and character fact videos!  (Read 8175 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo game and character fact videos!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 06:18:33 AM »
Well, without the request for a sale, it's difficult to label such a post as "spam".  However, this is uninvited marketing of some kind by an until-now outsider.  This is a tough call, Khush.  You certainly have your work cut out for you on this one.  I recommend you at least give those charged a chance to defend their self.

Well, I haven't tossed this thread in the recycle bin or banned the user so that tells you my call on it. That said, I knew the user probably wasn't going to stick around so I hijacked the topic to call his stuff spam which most likely isn't what he was going for with his post. I highly doubt we'll see a return by the user to defend their work. But it seems ThePerm is in league with them to help promote the videos so I'll let that serve as their defense.

In the end, this happens pretty infrequently but it has always irked me whenever some person creates an account to quickly self-promote some work and then move on to their next site to create an account and advertise there. Now I've got the power to call these users out and, by gum, I'm going to use it!

pfft. I don't know these people. I was just stating historic precedent. Some of their fact claims are stretches. A note for forum history. In 2 or 3 years I'll be on these forums 20 years. It's hard to say because PlanetN2000 and OpN2000 practically merged.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:21:57 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 12:11:38 PM »
I didn't think you actually were in league with ISOROB. It was just a joke since everyone else in this thread has said this could be considered spam or made negative jokes/comments about the videos but you are the only one who has posted that you watched and liked one of the videos. Thus, I thought I'd chalk up the reason for your positivity in the face of all this criticism as though you were part of the "sales team" and not because you actually liked it.

I think the main thing to take away here is how starved the NWR community is for something to talk about. If it's not about whether AMD is an NX possibility, it's a discussion on the semantics of what constitutes spam. Maybe the upcoming release of Metroid Prime: Federation Force will be the needed tonic to spin up some controversy and discussion like Star Fox Wii U controls did. Or Nintendo could releasing some news on upcoming projects for once. This media silence and trickle of game releases really isn't conducive to creating forum activity.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »
I didn't think you actually were in league with ISOROB. It was just a joke since everyone else in this thread has said this could be considered spam or made negative jokes/comments about the videos but you are the only one who has posted that you watched and liked one of the videos. Thus, I thought I'd chalk up the reason for your positivity in the face of all this criticism as though you were part of the "sales team" and not because you actually liked it.

I think the main thing to take away here is how starved the NWR community is for something to talk about. If it's not about whether AMD is an NX possibility, it's a discussion on the semantics of what constitutes spam. Maybe the upcoming release of Metroid Prime: Federation Force will be the needed tonic to spin up some controversy and discussion like Star Fox Wii U controls did. Or Nintendo could releasing some news on upcoming projects for once. This media silence and trickle of game releases really isn't conducive to creating forum activity.

There is literally not a damn thing to talk about regarding Nintendo consoles.

I don't think it can get worse unless they ban third parties from working on NX titles altogether. 

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 04:08:34 PM »
I don't think it can get worse unless they ban third parties from working on NX titles altogether. 
Now that would be something to talk about.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »

There is literally not a damn thing to talk about regarding Nintendo consoles.

Yep. The only thing to talk about is past games and systems at this point. It's all about the retro right now. So, who here has played Chibi-Robo: Plug into Adventure for the GameCube?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »
That game is in my top 5 reasons for not liking the fact that GC VC never happened.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 10:12:15 PM »
ah, RAbicle the forums Cyanide and Happiness. Nice to see you again mate!
Made you look ****.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »
To be fair, the header for this forum section doesn't say anything about discussing the Wii U in here.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 04:04:00 AM »

heres some news. I don't own a 3ds. More reason for the hybrid theory. If I only had one system to choose from than I wouldn't have this problem.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post