Author Topic: Final Fantasy I and II  (Read 2695 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy I and II
« on: November 30, 2004, 08:19:28 AM »
I just read PGC's review of this compilation, and I'm interested to hear what other people think of making it easier to level up in Final Fantasy, as well as changing the magic system to a new, more modern version?

Personally, I found these two things combined to make the original game almost unplayable for me.  I loved it when it first came out, but a few years later, after playing a number of great RPGs on the Super NES, I found Final Fantasy had become like a chore.  What motivation did I have to fight the same monsters over and over for two or three hours just so I could make it through the next dungeon?

Of course, it's true that this will make the games a lot easier, and sometimes I think that "kids these days" could afford to spend a little more time leveling-up their characters.  Any other thoughts?

Personally, I'm very interested in this game now!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline God Speaks

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Final Fantasy I and II
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 10:55:05 PM »
I wouldn't mind picking this game up later after a price drop but I doubt that will happen any time soon... *looks at price tag on FFTA* Nintendo is a really greedy publisher. BTW I have the original FFI. Got the game as a gift back in 1990, on clearance from a department store. Yay lots of memories.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy I and II
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 01:09:11 AM »
I agree
but people love the old games, the same can be said about the orginal LOZ
If you played the orginal and you liked it, then its for you
but It really doesnt appeal to most people, no matter how hyped it is by people.
There is really are better RPG's from snes that need to be released (lufia 1&2) on gba rather then 2 over hyped bad (from aging) games for profit

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 06:31:17 AM »
After playing FFI and seeing as how Lufia was released on the SNes I thought that Lufia was really behind in what they should do in RPGs.  I rather see a port of Tales of Phantasia than Lufia.  Of course if you add it with II then I see Lufia I as the plus with Lufia II being the major game.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:42:48 PM »
The game is alot easier with the magic point system in place, instead of the stock system it orginally had I'm virually flying through the game currently.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline ubercraig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 08:03:29 PM »
is the FF I + II worth it for the price?
-ciao
-Craig - ph34r teh /lame

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 08:24:39 PM »
If I liked FF6, will I like this?
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 06:07:46 AM »
PaLaDiN: Not necessarily.  I don't know about FF II, but FF I was very much an old-school RPG on the NES, without much story (you even pick your own characters and name them yourself).  The original game also had a lot of levelling-up which, as I posted above, made it rather excruciating, but that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.
I'd say that you're probably best off looking for this game used, and then only if you're a big RPG fan.  Have you ever played FF4 (Number 2 in the U.S.?)  That game is probably a little closer to what these ones are like than FF6.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 07:37:47 PM »
Two had a full story line but I haven't played totally through it. (On the PSX) So I will just play it on the Gameboy. (Or in my case the DS)

Oh and the new caves in 1, they may seem very easy at first but they have something like a lvl 60+ boss at the end of the earth one and that is first one you open. They are diffinatly made to be played last in the game, at least before Chaos, as a form of lvling up plus they have some new armor inside.

Oh and the levistone isn't in the Fire lvl, it in the ice caves which if memory serves me correctly (and sometimes it doesn't) the ice caves where virtually usless in the orginal NES cart.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.