Author Topic: So we still don't know...  (Read 6422 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: So we still don't know...
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »
When was the Japanese conference that showed us Dynamic Slash and Sin and Punishment 2?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »
When was the Japanese conference that showed us Dynamic Slash and Sin and Punishment 2?

October 2008 if I remember correctly.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »

October 2008 if I remember correctly.

It didn't happen last year.  They showed Warioland, Animal Crossing Port and Wii Music and those three titles were exactly what we got between E3 and the end of the year.

Ahem. Ian pwned in the face?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:36:24 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 03:24:15 PM »
IAN PWNED IN THE FACE

Yeah I got pwned so good there.

I said "They showed Warioland, Animal Crossing Port and Wii Music and those three titles were exactly what we got between E3 and the end of the year."

And then you guys point to a conference where the following games were revealed:

Punch-Out: released May 2009
Dynamic Slash: Not yet released, no release date for North America
Sin & Punishment 2: Due out in 2010

So which of these games came out between E3 2008 and the end of that year?  Was it perhaps NONE OF THEM?  So Nintendo can still bust out some conference between now and the end of the year but if it follows the same trend as last year none of those games will come out until 2010.  My whole point is about what's coming out THIS YEAR.  2010 has lots of cool stuff on the way.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 03:37:50 PM »
Well, Fatal Frame 4 and Disaster Day of Crisis came out. OH WAIT NOT IN AMERICA. I think I will side with Ian on that point.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 11:54:22 PM »
I'm going to agree, Nintendo would have a lot of games released in NA if they would freaking localize them.

I'm very bitter by the lack of Fatal Frame. I don't really care who's to blame or anything, I just really wanted it to come out here.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »
I'm bitter about Tales of Symphonia. Although apparently it's coming towards the end of the year and with bonus PAL only features. Ok maybe not so bitter ;)
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 09:11:52 PM »
My favorite part of the ToS sequel is when they show a cutscene, and in the cutscene, there's two flashbacks to what happened earlier in the cutscene.

I jest, I jest.

I'm curious about what they're working on, too.  I'd like to see what they might do with the Ice Climbers nowadays... Everyone says Kid Icarus and Pit should be something on the list, but I feel Ice Climber is where it's at.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
I could see a new Ice Climbers being a WiiWare game, perhaps developed in collaboration with some fledgling third-party.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 09:26:38 PM »
Believe it or not, there's quite a few directions you can go when you climb ice.  They could be archaeologist's, picture, if you will, Indiana Jones with a hammer and a seal-skinned coat.

Or... Prehistoric Ice Climbers.  They climb prehistoric ice and fight dinosaurs.  Like Joe and Mac, but it's cold.

Or Ice Climber Chronicles.  I'm not entirely sure where this one is going, but it has a great plot, and slowly customizable climbers.

Regardless, all the options are better than Rock and Roll Climber.

OOOOH!  "Ice Climber: Frozen Space Elevator."  It a futuristic view of the space program: 
The year is 2036, and man's journey to the moon could never be easier, simpler, and more efficient.  ...Or so we thought.

CAPCOM:  Sir!  We've lost contact with the astronauts who were transporting that radioactive sample for study in space!
Mission Control: OH NO!  It's too high up, too cold, and too atmospherically thin for anything we've got to reach them!  Our jets can't fly that high, and our men would suffocate!  Can anyone save us?
((Fade to black.  A logo appears.))
ICE CLIMBER
((subtitle written in fancy cursive afterwards))
Frozen Space Elevator

That would be epic.