Author Topic: Zelda problem????  (Read 3536 times)

Offline YoungLink

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda problem????
« on: February 08, 2003, 06:48:40 PM »
is it me or ,  in the new zelda(the wind waker), when link is battling the frame rate seems to slow down,
it like pauses for a second then goes.

it did this on the demo, and on movies on the orcarania disk

metroid prime has made me notice lack of framerate in some games like halo for example when your battling in that game too

Zelda problem????
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 06:55:54 PM »
Yes I also noticed a bit of a slowdown on the video I saw, I showed it to my brother but he's such a fanboy that he said he didn't saw anything.

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Zelda problem????
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 07:02:03 PM »
Are you referring to when Link hits an enemy? Or is it actual slowdown? I haven't watched any footage since the trailer on Nintendo's site during E3 2002 so I don't think I can comment if it's the latter.  

Offline Stealthy Warrior

• Sport Editor's Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Zelda problem????
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 07:17:34 PM »
That's not a framerate issue, that's an effect and it's purely intentional.  Rare did the same thing for Starfox, you'll hardly notice it when you're playing.
HAR!  I KNEW I SIGNED UP IN 2003!!!

Zelda problem????
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 07:36:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Stealthy Warrior
That's not a framerate issue, that's an effect and it's purely intentional.  Rare did the same thing for Starfox, you'll hardly notice it when you're playing.

I don't know, that really looked to me like a slowdown, hope you're right though.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Zelda problem????
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 11:23:46 AM »
It is an intentional effect, although I must say it's one of the more baffling features of the game.  The game pauses for a second every time you kill an enemy.  When you slash through 5 enemies with one swipe, it makes it look like the game is freezing up.  Very odd, but intentional nonetheless.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
Zelda problem????
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 05:56:14 PM »
Come on, haven't you guys watched anime or played DOA:XBV, it does it in all those shows, the hero (or even villian) is brought to a point where time freezes.  I'm sure you have all seen DBZ, they fight like at crazy speeds but then when a critical hit lands, it lasts for an extra second.  Pure dramization and just another example of how shiggy is bringing anime into the mix.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no