Author Topic: 24 postponed until 2009  (Read 2931 times)

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
24 postponed until 2009
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:28:58 AM »
24 postponed until 2009

This is rather aggravating, I mean I want me some 24.  Joel Surnow left the show yesterday, so I just hope that before the end of the year we don't get news the show won't be coming back at all.

I'm starting to actually hate all those writers for striking because now I have to wait a year.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
Re: 24 postponed until 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:54:13 AM »
despite being a 24 fan, good riddance if the show doesn't come back... Tony's return is a clear jump-the-shark moment...
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:59:36 AM »
but he's coming back as a bad guy, but to what degree I don't know, and they never stated that he was killed off, it was only assumed and they didn't give him a silent clock, and they are going to explain his resurrection.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:51:39 PM »
I am tired of the 24 gimmick.  Ok each episode is an hour.

I can't wait for a realistic episode. 

Jack is in New York and he has to get to California to stop a terrorist attack.  2 episodes could be spent on his flight.  Oh that is rivoting TV.

Seriously, it would be nice if they started thinking about each episode being a single Day.  They could still have an emphasis on time.  And then when an episode/day is over.  You could have the terrorist mark that day out with an X on a Calendar.  With one day as the big terrorist act day that could be rivoting suspense.

I am personally happy we are getting 5 more episodes of LOST this season.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 10:28:05 PM »
Waiting a year is probably going to kill the show off.  Last season REALLY sucked.  Now 24 is kind of a dumb show anyway.  In fact my brothers and I watch it partially from an unintentional comedy perspective.  But last season was a chore to sit through.  They blew their load the year before.  It was probably the best season overall but it had so much packed into it that there was nowhere to go and a lot of major characters getting killed off was part of that.

I was lukewarm about watching this year anyway even before the writers strike.  I figured I would give it a chance but wasn't very interested.  Now I have to remember to watch it again a whole year later?  Even if I intend to I can't commit to that and I imagine others won't remain interested as well.  Had this happened a year ago they would probably be fine.  They would coming off a fantastic season and would have left people wanting more.  Last season was the opposite.  I was getting sick of the show as the season went on.

The whole thing is just lousy timing.  Following a horrible season with a year layoff is just going to kill them.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 01:49:17 AM »
Waiting a year is probably going to kill the show off.  Last season REALLY sucked.  Now 24 is kind of a dumb show anyway.  In fact my brothers and I watch it partially from an unintentional comedy perspective.  But last season was a chore to sit through.  They blew their load the year before.  It was probably the best season overall but it had so much packed into it that there was nowhere to go and a lot of major characters getting killed off was part of that.

I was lukewarm about watching this year anyway even before the writers strike.  I figured I would give it a chance but wasn't very interested.  Now I have to remember to watch it again a whole year later?  Even if I intend to I can't commit to that and I imagine others won't remain interested as well.  Had this happened a year ago they would probably be fine.  They would coming off a fantastic season and would have left people wanting more.  Last season was the opposite.  I was getting sick of the show as the season went on.

The whole thing is just lousy timing.  Following a horrible season with a year layoff is just going to kill them.

Actually this is a good thing, since the show will finally end then.  I also agree, that Season 5 was where the show SHOULD have ended.  After watching it I knew that there was no way they'd be able to top themselves with Season 6 and I was right.  All they did in Season 6 was throw in all the idea's from previous Seasons in a blender and hit mix.

Plus since they keep trying to outdo themselves with the danger every season there's nothing even somewhat believable left for them too use now.

Season 1 - Assassination
Season 2 - Nuclear bomb
Season 3 - Biological weapons
Season 4 - Too many damn things to count
Season 5 - Nerve Gas
Season 6 - 5 nuclear bombs

Really what's left for them to do now? 

Terrorist in giant mechs?
Vampire Terrorist?
Alien terrorist that require him to team up with Will Smith to stop them?
Godzilla?
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 02:19:55 AM »
24 was a great show, but I think it needs this season to fully wane in quality and be cancelled. As far as I'm concerned, the story is done. Jack needs to have an epic death, so the show can end properly.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 03:18:07 AM »
Really what's left for them to do now? 

Terrorist in giant mechs?
Vampire Terrorist?
Alien terrorist that require him to team up with Will Smith to stop them?
Godzilla?

I like ALL of these ideas.  ;)  What the hell?  Let's go all out and turn it into such a farce that the show attracts viewers for unintentional comedy value.  Naturally you don't tell the actors that it's for laughs.  They then play it all totally straight which makes it that much funnier.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 03:49:07 PM »
24 is going the way of Alias now. The writers don't have a long term plan.

I bet the next season throws a JJ Abrams slant and makes it sci-fi-esque.