Author Topic: Target Buy 2 get 1 sale. What games are you getting? What games should I get?  (Read 10818 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I think I will take advantage of the Target sale going on this week.

http://weeklyad.target.com/spokane-wa-99218/homepage

For sure I am picking up Need For Speed: Most Wanted, but not sure what I should do for the other two games.

My potential choices:

Scribblenauts
Assassin's Creed III
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Lego City Stories
Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

What games are you going for? Keep in mind this sale applies to 3DS, 360 and PS3 as well.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Oh great,  I'm going to get most wanted and lego city.  As far as the free game I don't  know what to get. I have zombiu, batman, Nintendo land and super Mario. So recommend away

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter is out tomorrow.  I'm sure you can squeeze Free out of it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Is it possible for me to price match this at Wal-Mart? I won't be able to go to a Target anytime soon. Unclebob?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Is it possible for me to price match this at Wal-Mart? I won't be able to go to a Target anytime soon. Unclebob?
I can tell you that they won't because its a promotion.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
It'

It's only a half-hour drive to Longview!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Oh great,  I'm going to get most wanted and lego city.  As far as the free game I don't  know what to get. I have zombiu, batman, Nintendo land and super Mario. So recommend away
Well, the free game will be Lego City if you are going to get one of those games as it is $50 and would be the lowest price game.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is $50 as well.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop

Nope. From Walmart's website:

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given

As for games I would suggest, LEGO City Stories looks good and getting good reviews.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
According to Target's website:

Sonic All Stars Racing is $40
Transformers is $45
Funky Barn is $50
Rabbids Land is $50
Batman is $50
Lego City is $50
Walking Dead is $50
COD: Blops 2 is $55

so there are some options to get this deal for less than $120

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
I wonder can I get the Pikachu 3DS with this?!

Lego, Need for Speed, Luigi for me. Wait does this go on til Luigi's Mansion?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
There's a separate Target deal on 3/24 (one day only) for $40 off any 3DS, including the Pika-nipple edition.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
It'

How do you know this? O_o

EDIT: They'll price match those 3DS price drops, though, right?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
It'

How do you know this? O_o

EDIT: They'll price match those 3DS price drops, though, right?

Your location is in your profile, and Google Maps provides the rest.

I think they would honor the $40 sale for 3DS systems. They will not match the $50 gift card offer though:

Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card[/color]example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card[/font]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:57:40 PM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
NFS Most Wanted, MH3,and Lego City...oh yeah. 
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Is monster hunter a good choice. Can I play offline and still have fun ?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Damn, I really wanted to download NFS Most Wanted (if available in the eshop) since I haven't been putting that extra credit promotion to use, but this sale might just make me go disc with this one. My choices would be..

NFS, Lego City and...

3rd one is a tough call. I've been wanting to try Darksiders 2 but after that best buy sale (that I can't take advantage of) I figure other stores will follow suit and drop that one pretty low, even if  temporarily, soon..

The only other game out there that I currently know of is Ninja Gaiden 3 which I'm still on the fence about. Maybe getting a game free will make me take the plunge on that one.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Looks like I'm not needed here. :D

Yeah, Walmart won't price match B1G1 deals usually.  Now, sometimes Toys R Us does something like Buy One, Get One 40% off, then they show a bunch of games and put the regular price on them.  Walmart *should* price match that, since the sale price of the games can be determined by looking at the ad.  However, even I've had issues getting this to happen.

As for the Gift Card - officially, no, they won't price match that.  However, if you get a nice manager, they might make an exception.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
That's a good deal... But I want Monster Hunter Digital... Conflicted...

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
I usually don't have any trouble with Walmart's in my area price matching buy 2 get 1 free since those happen all the time--you'll just have to get an override and items will appear with 33% off sale/price adjustment next to them--meaning you can't return them for full value.

Wanted Fire Emblem but neither Target or Walmart has it in stock in my area :(

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Okay, I went to Target at lunch today and didn't see Need For Speed, Walking Dead, or Lego City. They had Monster Hunter and a label for Lego, but the space was empty. Maybe they just haven't put them out yet? I stopped there yesterday and they didn't have them either.

I will check after work then try the Target across town. If I strike out again, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Why didn't you ask them? Easy peasy.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I was in a hurry. I will ask them when I get off work.

If Target doesn't work out, I will attempt to get Best Buy to price match the Origin NFS deal and get it and Lego for $80 total instead of three for $120 total.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Best Buy won't price match it. They only price match the prices of 19 specific websites, and EA/Origin is not one of them.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:29:10 PM by ShyGuy »