Author Topic: New Game from Monolith Soft - "X"  (Read 9849 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: New Game from Monolith Soft - "X"
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »
that's exactly why i picked mine up when i did, before out went up further. besides the guitar hero drum bundle, I've never paid so much for a video game...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 12:08:45 AM »
I preordered the game since I figured it would be rare-ish and bought it on release day. I saw copies on shelves for months afterwards. I considered buying another copy or 2 to sell, but alas, I did not as I presumed it wasn't popular enough to resell... Nerds.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 12:22:40 AM »
Yeah I snagged a used copy for $45 in November. Glad I did. Anyway, this shouldn't be a problem with this new "X" game as it will likely be put up on the eShop on day one.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 12:31:01 AM »
It's pretty expensive on Amazon, but a buddy of mine managed to get a used copy from Gamestop for 26 dollars.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »
Yeah it would seem Nintendo went from the place that lacked RPGs to the place that had the best ones.

...and they managed to do it now that RPGs are no longer the "it" genre like they were in the 32/64 bit era.  Oh and back then Nintendo was the best console for FPS games but now that THAT is the "it" genre they have jack squat.  Post-SNES Nintendo, ladies and gentlemen!

I saw Xenoblade in stores for a while after release and thought that perhaps my frenzied pre-order was unnecessary.  I guess now that's not the case.  While it would be best that everyone that wants this game can get it, I selfishly feel a little glad that it's becoming a collector's item like I figured it would.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »
Now I kinda feel shitty that I pre-ordered from Nintendo and still haven't played it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »
Yeah it would seem Nintendo went from the place that lacked RPGs to the place that had the best ones.

...and they managed to do it now that RPGs are no longer the "it" genre like they were in the 32/64 bit era.  Oh and back then Nintendo was the best console for FPS games but now that THAT is the "it" genre they have jack squat.  Post-SNES Nintendo, ladies and gentlemen!

I saw Xenoblade in stores for a while after release and thought that perhaps my frenzied pre-order was unnecessary.  I guess now that's not the case.  While it would be best that everyone that wants this game can get it, I selfishly feel a little glad that it's becoming a collector's item like I figured it would.

The "it " genre last gen was motion controlled games like Wii Sports.  Nintendo nailed it.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »
I preordered the game since I figured it would be rare-ish and bought it on release day. I saw copies on shelves for months afterwards. I considered buying another copy or 2 to sell, but alas, I did not as I presumed it wasn't popular enough to resell... Nerds.

It's pretty expensive on Amazon, but a buddy of mine managed to get a used copy from Gamestop for 26 dollars.

I paid $70, after shipping. maybe a little more...

I thought about gamestop but two things came to mind:

1. I wouldn't want to buy a used game and give GS all the profit

2. I don't want to give GS any profit, I'm fed up with them. The used game business isn't even the real problem I have with them, it's the shitty customer service history I've had with them over the years at various locations.

edit how ironic would it be if the amazon seller was some GS employee doing some dirty side business... I don't know how I'd feel about that.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »
Xenoblade will be in the bargain bin sometime too.

Unfortunately, it's looking like the opposite is true. GameStop is currently out of stock, Nintendo no longer sells it from their website, and Amazon prices are skyrocketing. Cheapest right now is $74 used. Maybe they'll do a reprint. Or better yet, put it on the eShop. But that could be a long while.

oh the rare items bin sucks. I missed out on Metroid Prime Trilogy. Damn
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:53 PM »
My friend bought the very last Metroid Prime Trilogy I ever saw in the wild when we were at Target and all they had left was the box they use for display that let's you see the back of the box. The row behind it looked like it had been empty for weeks.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline mysticgohan

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 03:44:37 AM »
Good thing I had my MP Trilogy pre ordered  ;) Anyone think that the new X game would be a spiritual  successor to Xenogears? The X is just like it, and the mechs :D

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 08:39:52 AM »
So...I didn't have the fortune to watch the Nintendo direct due to traveling on work.  Does anyone know if this is meant to be a direct sequel to the events of Xenoblade: Chronicles?

If so, I really hope a re-print or some sort of E-Shop release is considered of the original.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »
So...I didn't have the fortune to watch the Nintendo direct due to traveling on work.  Does anyone know if this is meant to be a direct sequel to the events of Xenoblade: Chronicles?

If so, I really hope a re-print or some sort of E-Shop release is considered of the original.

We don't know yet. Though the weapons look similar, the character at the end looks related to Shulk and the biggest piece of evidence is during one of the battles you can see the Chain Attack icon. So I personally think it is a direct sequel, or at least a sequel in he same universe.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 02:01:25 PM »
I'm very excited about this game it's got a very Xenogears vibe to it, a game which I loved. Because of this announcement, Xenoblade has been catapulted to a Now Playing game. 

Did anyone else notice that draw distance? Amazing!
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 04:24:37 PM »
I managed to snag Xenoblade for $27 at Gamestop after using a coupon and my PUR discount! It came with with everything even unused club Nintendo points!

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 12:20:08 AM »
I managed to snag Xenoblade for $27 at Gamestop after using a coupon and my PUR discount! It came with with everything even unused club Nintendo points!

Nice find! I had to hunt down my copy and had it sent from GameStop in another state, used of course  :(
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »

Yep, I already told them. ;)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »
For people saying it looks HD BROWN, look at this

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
Well it is getting dark so the twilight sky looks ok. When I said HD Grey and Brown I do literally mean those colors but also that the colors are muted. Everything including the mech suit has that faint darker coloring. Xenoblade to this is like Melee to Brawl and so far it just lacks pop in the coloring.

I guess that's the appeal though, coloring like that is the most common in popular games this gen, not from Nintendo. Xenoblade reminds me of Avatar sometimes and I just hope the final product looks as healthy and lush as Xenoblade did in some areas. The grass mountains and hillsides in this X game almost look like the rocky mountainside in Xenoblade.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:16:11 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »
I've said this somewhere else before and I'll say it again. I regard Xenoblade as the best game within the last 10 years. Before I played Xenoblade I could not remember the last time I played a game, looking at the clock and thinking "wow that didn't feel like 6 hours"

This new one from Monolith is my most anticipated game ever. Though I doubt it will have that same wow from Xenoblade because my expectations are already high.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
I feel ya, the feeling of playing hours end and not getting tired of the game, I am really looking forward to this game.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2013, 12:15:46 AM »
Agreed.  It's the best RPG on a Nintendo console since Chrono Trigger.  It's the best on Wii and GCN.  120 hours in and the story still doesn't let up.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline mysticgohan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2013, 04:07:08 AM »
Speaking of Chrono Trigger, I hope that's up in the Wii U virtual console :D

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
I am sure it will be since it's on the Wii Virtual Console already.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20