Author Topic: PS3 does not even come with component cables.  (Read 3018 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
PS3 does not even come with component cables.
« on: May 01, 2007, 05:26:32 PM »
This is news to me. Keep in mind, I will never buy one ever, but I just had to point this out. How f***ing stupid is it that their "true HD system" cannot be played in HD unless you purchase component cables or HDMI separately. To me it's f***ing mind bottling (Blades of Glory reference).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: PS3 does not even come with component cables.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »
It's not a true HD system out the box.

Word.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 06:47:54 PM »
And worst of all, the Wii gets complaints for not having them!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
RE:PS3 does not even come with component cables.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:35:28 PM »
Yeah, isn't that lame? The least Sony could do is what Microsoft did and provide a 2-in-1 composite/component combo. I  plan on getting PS3 at some point in the distant future when it becomes affordable if only for God of War 3 and the inevitable "sequel" to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

And what sucks about the component cables thing on Wii is that Nintendo's own cables aren't available in stores. I don't buy 3rd party accessories. I learned the hard way too when I lost all my PS1 saves. Damn you Mad Catz!

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:54:17 AM »
They are available in stores.  I got mine from EB.  Search more.  Or use the internet.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 02:03:24 AM »
They are in stores here.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 06:16:59 AM »
Do not buy 1st party Nintendo video cables.  Word up.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 06:30:21 AM »
I've been to 7 Gamestop/EB stores, 3 Game Crazy stores, 2 Best Buys, and 2 Targets in my town and neighboring towns. I've searched. I've been to every one of those stores in the past month (searching for Ico) and none of them had first party component cables. Not that I need one yet, I just keep an eye out for stuff like that. For example, up until about a month ago, you couldn't find a Wii remote in any store in my area (nunchuks are still kind of elusive). Also, the Game Crazy inside the Hollywood Video I work at has SIX PS3s sitting in the back.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 06:36:28 AM »
My local Best Buy had 1st party component cables [not many].  Seriously, give Nintendo THA FINGAR and buy from Madcatz or Blaze or Psyclone or React.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:12:34 AM »
I stated back before the Wii was released and it was brought to light that Sony wasn't including Hi-Def cables it was a crock.  Microsoft really did set a bar with how they have been handling cables.  Now if everyone can go back to including games.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
I stated back before the Wii was released and it was brought to light the Sony wasn't including Hi-Def cables it was a crock.  Microsoft really did set a bar with how they have been handling cables.  Now if everyone can go back to including games.

Please don't go back to including games.  While I like Wii Sports, I would have much rather have purchased my Wii for $30-$50 less and waited to get Wii Sports cheap/used later.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 04:46:36 AM »
In that case my Wii would've been without games for a looooong time. In fact the only game outside of Sports and Play I have is one I regret purchasing.

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 07:24:47 AM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob

Originally posted by: Ceric
I stated back before the Wii was released and it was brought to light the Sony wasn't including Hi-Def cables it was a crock.  Microsoft really did set a bar with how they have been handling cables.  Now if everyone can go back to including games.

Please don't go back to including games.  While I like Wii Sports, I would have much rather have purchased my Wii for $30-$50 less and waited to get Wii Sports cheap/used later.

Yeah, well...nobody would have bought Wii Sports separate if that was the case (I doubt it's selling like gangbusters in Europe, for instance); it was most important to demonstrate the console to people who don't buy 5 games at the start. And Nintendo didn't want to sell the Wii for less than $250 anyway, so including the game was important to justify the cost.

If they don't include games themselves (which Microsoft and Sony it, seems, can't afford to do), they should at least have demo discs of some kind. And the PS2 especially should have the damn cables that allow the costumer to enjoy the HD they were promised when they bought the damn thing

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 02:32:38 AM »
Indeed, Wii Sports is critical for letting people see what the Wiimote can do but I think I talked about that before. Imagine someone bought a THQ game as his first Wii title because the name looked familiar, would they understand that it's the game's fault or would they think the Wii's new controls are crappy and inaccurate?