Author Topic: Yoshi Touch n' Go Does Well  (Read 6457 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Yoshi Touch n' Go Does Well
« on: January 25, 2005, 08:58:32 AM »
I recently saw the Japanese review scores for the game (I'm guessing from Famicom), it received three 9s and an 8, not bad at all.  I've been hoping this game might be the system's "killer app" for me, and those scores give me some hope.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Yoshi Touch n' Go Does Well
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:39:37 AM »
When is this game coming out in America?  It'll probably be my second game (Mario 64 DS, being my first).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 09:42:39 AM »
It arrives here in the U.S. in March...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 10:29:15 AM »
Excelent, I had high hopes for this game, these scores seem to put my fears to rest. Even though it isn't the same gameplay wise, I imagine this will take away the nasty taste of Yoshy's Story and bring me back to the amazing world of Yoshy's Island.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
RE:Yoshi Touch n' Go Does Well
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 11:59:57 AM »
Four words...touch fuzzy, get dizzy.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 12:25:06 PM »
In the commercial (Japanese) it depicts the girl blowing on the touch screen and the clouds flying away (clearing both screens of the clouds).  I assume this is something included in the game.  Because if that works the way it looks like it works, holy freakin' wow that's awesome.

This is on my DS to get list, yes.  It's nice to have good scores to back up my anticipation.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Koopa Troopa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 02:45:05 PM »

In the commercial (Japanese) it depicts the girl blowing on the touch screen and the clouds flying away (clearing both screens of the clouds). I assume this is something included in the game. Because if that works the way it looks like it works, holy freakin' wow that's awesome.

It must make use of the microphone. Pretty cool idea.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline chain chomp

• Voted BEST by Pietriots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 06:18:20 AM »
it does use the microphone (yessssssss) i saw that in the japenesse advert too
p.s spelling is getting slowly better
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Offline DemonFox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 10:49:10 AM »
I ordered it today on YesAsia.com because it was only $44.09 and ya don't have to pay the shipping costs. Well it is too much for a DS game but it's still 2/3 the price it's gonna be here in Holland (if they're gonna ive it the same price as GBA games). So anybody else gonna import it?

LOL! They changed the price to $48.99 today. Finally something good happens in my life.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 07:02:02 AM »
DemonFox: Once it arrives customs will put a big stake through your saving plans.

Offline DemonFox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 08:50:11 AM »
I don't think so... I recieved the DS + 4 games (2 of them GBA) from the US and I didn't have to pay a cent. It does happen when I come back from a trip to the US and if they find some boxes. That's why I always throw away those things when I buy them there.  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 09:55:02 AM »
Here in Canada, they seem to randomly slap customs on the mail.  I guess they don't have the manpower to check every thing that comes through and add customs to it.
I think the graphics have improved quite a bit. I didn't like the perfect profile look that Yoshi had when Nintendo first showed the game.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 05:42:29 AM »
EDIT: I think I misread your post..

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 08:06:02 AM »
Has this game been given a firm release date yet?  PGC says March 31.  Gamestop and EB Games both say March 15.  And Nintendo.com just says March.  I'm going on a trip on March 22, and I'd love to be able to bring this game along for the plane ride.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 10:03:21 AM »
Ships on the 14th, I think...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 02:52:06 PM »
I don't get where the fun or engaging part of this game comes in. It's not a true platformer or anything, is it? Do you fight bosses? ... Or is most of it baby Mario, just falling to his doom?

I played Balloon Trip at E3 last year and it was quite fun, but not worthy of being in a game all by itself. This game just doesn't seem very meaty. Someone, please tell me there is more to it?
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 03:57:18 PM »
I'm not sure.  But Chain Chomp likes it, so that means that it must be good.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2005, 04:24:45 PM »
Baby Mario only falls at the start of the level, after that it's side-scrolling.  Yoshi moves automatically, and you draw in paths for him to take and use clouds to defeat enemies and stuff.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 04:22:47 AM »
Can someone who's played the game the entire way through let me know how long it takes to beat?  My only concern with this game is its possible length--due to the nature of the game, I fear it can be beaten in a few hours.  Is this the case?  If so, how's the replayability factor?  I know there are unlockable modes, but are they modes you'd really want to play?  Do they bring anything new to the table, or are they more like Star Fox Assult's Survival Mode?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 02:09:29 PM »
Read about it here and here

It takes 100000000 hours to beat.  It's a high score game =p  There are only two levels, one where Baby Mario falls, and one where Yoshi walks.  So either you can view it as it takes a few minutes to beat, or you can never beat it.  The replayability factor is huge.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 06:23:13 PM »
KnowsNothing said it.  My review should be up later this week, but it doesn't have any normal platformer level conventions.  You get hit once you die, and start over.  There "Endless" and "Challenge" modes that test how long you can last.  The other two modes can be beaten fairly quickly -- one is score attack, the other is time attack.  It's more like an arcade or puzzle game in that you're constantly replaying because you know you can do a little better.

You draw clouds to walk, make bubbles around enemies, shoot enemies with eggs (eat fruit to get more ammo), and blow to clear away clouds.  The levels have specific sections that you'll recognize, but are put together randomly.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 08:30:53 AM »
Bloodworth - when can we expect to see your review?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2005, 04:38:22 PM »
Prolly this weekend.  I was working on NBA Street V3 simultaneously, and it took priority since I got it after release and Yoshi still has two weeks to go.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers