Author Topic: Super Monkey Ball world record vids (prepare to crap yourself)  (Read 12708 times)

Offline madcow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Monkey Ball world record vids (prepare to crap yourself)
« on: February 07, 2003, 07:26:24 PM »
I've been playing the money ball games competitively for a while now, and I recently came into a very large amount of webspace with unlimited bandwidth, so I decided to expose as many people as I could to the awesomeness of what some of the SMB Gods can do with the game. So, I'm in the middle of setting up my very own SMB 1+2 video server. Right now I've uploaded all of Packattack's (the #1 player in the world) videos from SMB1, and I'm sorting through various SMB2 vids to upload only the world records. It takes a bit more time because I can't just upload all of Pack's. He doesn't quite dominate at 2 quite as much as he does 1.

Anyway, if you've had even MINOR exposure to Super Monkey Ball, these videos will probably be much much more than jaw-dropping. Packattack is MILES AND MILES ahead of the #2 player. If you're on a slower connection and don't know what ones to DL, I reccomend E9, E7, A11, E36, E6, E17, E27, and Master 3. I'd been playing the game for records for a while before I saw these vids, so I expected to see some crazy stunts, and even I was left speechless.

Anyway, after I upload the SMB2 vids I'll be uploading WR's from various other Nintendo titles. Melee, Tony Hawk, Goldeneye, PD, Timesplitters 2, whatever else. The addy is http://www.dragoneye.ca/gamerfeed/monkeyball/ - I hope you enjoy.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I'm setting up this server as a service to gamers everywhere, to expose as many people to these vids as possible, so feel free to mirror or distribute, or link to the page. The server is a hog and I'm sure it can handle the traffic. So anyway, what do you guys think about the E9 vid?  

Offline Frostie

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 07:43:19 PM »
These vids are amazing!
Move along.  Nothing to see here.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 08:39:19 PM »
Damn! Too many videos to download, which ones are the best?

Offline madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 09:00:26 PM »

Originally posted by: madcow
If you're on a slower connection and don't know what ones to DL, I reccomend E9, E7, A11, E36, E6, E17, E27, and Master 3. I'd been playing the game for records for a while before I saw these vids, so I expected to see some crazy stunts, and even I was left speechless.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 09:24:48 PM »
Oh yeah, i guess i didnt see that part, thanks man. I just downloaded a few and WOAH!!!! They are amazing!! Everyone download the ones that madcow recommended NOW! They are amazing!

Offline jme

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 12:34:12 AM »
pssh, i could do that with my eyes closed.

seriously though, PackAttack is the most ridiculously balanced player. i honestly didn't even know you could do some of the stuff he did, and i would assume it was a lucky shot, but the numerous vids prove that it's pure talent. is he playing with a special controller or something?
and i ain't lyin' neither!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 12:52:46 AM »
madcow, thanks for sharing that with us.  i've never unlock the expert extra levels and master (mainly i don't have time to spend hours doing so, although i hope to someday), and it was nice to see what these levels were like. and the Packattack guy, WOW, way more skilled than me...i also didn't know you could do some of the things he pulled off.

Offline Wampa79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 07:01:52 AM »
These videos are insane.  I had to watch some of them over and over before accepting them.  As madcow hinted, you better have a clean set of underwear ready.
Hook 'em Horns!

Offline Cioni2k

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 07:13:40 AM »
http://www.flashgt.com - Online Racing Community

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2003, 08:02:05 AM »
Holy Schamoly! He has mad skillz!
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Reverse_Gecko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2003, 09:18:41 AM »
Can you make one big zip will all of them. That would be very nice...
------------------------------------------
GCN games I own: Metroid Prime, Sonic Adventure 2, Timesplitters 2, Waverace, Luigis Mansion, Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Rogue Leader, Starfox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros Melee, Resident Evil, Res

Offline madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2003, 09:29:33 AM »

Originally posted by: jme
pssh, i could do that with my eyes closed.

seriously though, PackAttack is the most ridiculously balanced player. i honestly didn't even know you could do some of the stuff he did, and i would assume it was a lucky shot, but the numerous vids prove that it's pure talent. is he playing with a special controller or something?

Yeah, all of us in the SMB Elite could blow away even those who think they're very good at the game, but Packattack is as far ahead of us as we are normal monkey ball players. Think about that for a minute, lol. It's more apparent in Monkey Ball 2 with all the frantic levels that have moving parts, just how much control packattack has over what he's doing. The rest of us learn the general strategy for getting an insane bounce or something, and then do the level over and over and over until we get lucky and pull off the strat. PAckattack on the other hand, is in complete control of what he's doing at all times.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2003, 10:44:59 AM »
Just four of those vids convinced me to buy SMB.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Toolvana

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2003, 01:58:29 PM »
You have got to be kidding me.......I just watched all 49 of those videos. I'm trying to think of something to say, but I can't...I'm seriously speechless. forget it.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2003, 02:08:21 PM »
yeah hes pretty good, actually amazing.  I still think i can take him in Monkey Fight

Offline Rekano

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2003, 03:47:18 PM »
Holy Cow on a Stick man thats....thats...whoa! ...I...nevermind those were awsome!
Current Game: Metroid Prime
Next Month game: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Waiting for: Zelda Bonus Disc...

Offline SaMuS

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2003, 03:49:27 PM »
Madcow man, you are a Madcow!  Awesome videos!
SaMuS
Senior Editor
NintendojoFR

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2003, 04:04:02 PM »
And i have trouble with the widest wire on E9... I should show these to a friend of mine who brags about beating SMB and i have yet to do so.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2003, 09:27:26 PM »
Alas, the SMB2 vids might not be coming after all... apparently these vids have been DLed a LOT since I put them up a while ago, lol. The server admin said something to me about them. The videos we have up now are fine, but the SMB2 vids might put the server over the edge. Maybe I'll rotate these out after a couple weeks or something.

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2003, 10:32:50 PM »
WOW, good work Madcow. Your videos are spreading across the net real fast. I downloaded some more and . Incredible stuff, truly legendary.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2003, 10:44:38 PM »
!!!!!!!!!
Holy Sh!t! Why don't I have Super Monkey Ball yet???
I gotta get it! NOOOW.
Oh wait...I have no money. Nooooooooooo!
Ahh, I'll get SMB2 when it comes out here.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 08:35:26 AM »
Anyone who thinks they should get SMB based on these videos might want to think twice. There's probably 15-20 people in the world who can do the stuff he does, literally. I mean, NO ONE can do it as fast as he does, but I mean just pulling off the world record strats (you can pull it off but still be a second or two slower, you know?).