Author Topic: Too Human Hype Thread!!!!!!!  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Nintendork

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Too Human Hype Thread!!!!!!!
« on: February 02, 2003, 10:58:20 AM »
Post your favorite screens and info. and state what you want to put in it, what kind of game you think it'll be etc.  Do you think it'll be better than Eternal Darkness?
 "When we withdraw from the home game console, that's when we withdraw from the video game business."- Satoru Iwata

Offline Zach Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 11:08:53 AM »
Heh, its a cool looking game, but I am more excited for when its actually confirmed...
If any man says he hates war more than I do, he better have a knife, that's all I have to say.

Offline Nintendork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 11:18:32 AM »
Well, it is pretty much as good as confirmed so START HYPING!!!!!!!!
 "When we withdraw from the home game console, that's when we withdraw from the video game business."- Satoru Iwata

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 11:59:41 AM »
forgive my ignorance, but what's too human?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 12:05:24 PM »
Too Human is a game that Silicon Knights (Creators of Eternal Darkness), have had on their plate for years.  Considering how much I loved Eternal Darkness, I have nothing but high expectations for this game.  It's definately VERY high on my most wanted list.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 12:07:08 PM »
The trend for game companies to consolidate continues as Sega and Sammy set to merge this October.

According to Bloomberg.com, Sega Corp. and Sammy Corp. have announced plans for a merger to take effect on October 1st.

Hajime Satomi, president of Sammy, is set to lead the joined company.  The two companies will hold a briefing soon.  As always, we'll have more on the story as it develops.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 12:15:51 PM »
250,000 gamers have already pre-ordered the latest Zelda masterpiece before the official pre-sell program has even started.

A LEGENDARY OFFER: ZELDA CUBED

Eager Consumers Jump Start The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Pre-Sell Program. The wait is almost over.

REDMOND, Wash. - Feb. 13, 2003 - On Feb. 16th, Nintendo of America Inc. kicks off the official pre-sell program for the eagerly awaited Nintendo GameCube game, The Legend of Zelda®: The Wind Waker®.

Designed with the overwhelming interest of gamers in mind, zealots of Zelda get a double-dose of their favorite franchise to keep them busy until the March 24th launch of the new Zelda adventure. With a deposit at any participating retailer, consumers receive a limited-edition disk featuring two playable, full-length games originally for the Nintendo® 64: the award-winning The Legend of Zelda®: Ocarina of Time®(a) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest - an updated version of the game never released outside of Japan. Consumers get all three games for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $49.95, while supplies last.

Already, more than 250,000 gamers have reserved their copy of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker before the official pre-sell program has even started.

"This truly is Zelda cubed! Two impressive Zelda games, leading to the highly anticipated new Zelda adventure, for the price of one and only for Nintendo GameCube," says George Harrison, senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications, Nintendo of America Inc. "What better way to celebrate the forthcoming release of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker than to give Zelda fans a collectors item that will provide a nostalgic or for some, a classic introduction to the series."

The latest in The Legend of Zelda® series is an epic adventure that will have the character Link sailing the high seas and searching for clues to his sister's mysterious disappearance. The game is brought to life with incredible toon-shaded visuals and a unique facial animation system. Link's eyes not only show his emotions, but also provide hints and spot danger, inspiring a sense of wonder in players of all ages. Using the Wind Waker, Link learns to compose songs that control wind patterns and even summon cyclones. Connect the Game Boy® Advance, via the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance cable, and players can summon the mapmaker Tingle to uncover hidden secrets to help Link in his voyage.

Offline dilbert627

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 12:17:41 PM »
The PGC guys need to try to get Dyack to post in here.  If he'll do it, of course; he hardly ever posts on IGNBoards anymore.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 12:20:07 PM »
If Dyack were to post here, I just know that I wouldn't have anything intelligent to say.  The guy is one of my heroes, and being on the same message board as him would drive me nuts.  It makes me weak knee-ed just thinking about it.

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 12:24:57 PM »
Piglet and friends heading to the GameCube.

Take-Two Interactive Software's Gotham Games Expands Into Children's Video Game Market With Piglet's Big Game

Gotham Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) announced today that it has signed an agreement with Disney Interactive to publish Piglet's BIG Game. The agreement with Disney Interactive will bring some of Disney's most beloved characters, including Winnie the Pooh, Piglet and Tigger, onto the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube this Spring.  

"Gotham Games will strategically enter the children's video game market with a company that is recognized as the global leader in family entertainment," said Jamie Leece, president of Gotham Games. "With the increasing household penetration rates of video game consoles, we believe that children will become more active gamers."  

Piglet's BIG Game is currently scheduled to be available for the March 21st big screen debut of Walt Disney Pictures' Piglet's BIG Movie. Piglet's BIG Game puts gamers in the role of Piglet as they maneuver their way through seven exciting adventures. Piglet may be very small, but he puts on a "brave" face as he sets out to rescue his friends by turning their bad dreams into good ones. When Pooh, Tigger, Roo, Rabbit, Owl, and Eeyore begin having dreams in which they lose their precious treasures, it is up to Piglet to save the day and find the missing items. This is no easy task for little Piglet, as he must not only solve many puzzles, but he must also be brave enough to chase away all of the Heffalumps and Woozles that he encounters.

:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2003, 12:58:51 PM »
Yeah, Mr. Dyack pops in and out occasionally. Anyways Too human was going to be a 4 disk game for psx.
It was gonna have cinemas that may put Final Fantasy to shame. ITs supposed to be filled with innovative gameplay. for instance you can as you progress the game decide how you upgrade your self. If you want to be faster you get robotic super legs. Want to be stronger give your self some genetic steroids....stuff like that.
Its an action game that lets you biologically or cypernetically enhance yourself. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.
I hope this ghame will be playable at e3. I hope it comes out really soon too.

Eternal Darkness was my favorite game...but im thinking Metroid Prime has surpassed it. However, im gonna give ED some credit becuase its an n64 port. Now Too Human is a PSX port...but im sure theyve come to grips enough with the sytem to allow for some pretty slick second to third generation graphics on Too Human. One thing i hope improves is character design...the textures on the characters on ed were a little funny....From all indications though...TH will be quite pretty.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2003, 01:34:03 PM »

Eternal Darkness was my favorite game...but im thinking Metroid Prime has surpassed it.

i think if ED's graphics were up to par with MP's and maybe if it was a bit longer it would be just as good as metroid prime.

this post is getting me really psyched for too human though. hopefully E3 '03 will bring good news

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2003, 02:06:44 PM »
yeah...the length has something to do with it...i mean..im 20 hours into metroid prime and im only halfway.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2003, 03:58:11 PM »
Eternal Darkness is the only game that has only scared me in my life! I saw some screens of the PSX human. It had these weird futiristic sort of samurai bad guys. I never understood what type of game it was thouh. Knowing SK it could be a puzle game and it would still be good! Its also one of my Big titles to look forward.

Offline telaris

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2003, 04:30:25 PM »
Who's Dyiak?

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2003, 04:38:38 PM »
Denis Dyack is the President of Silicon Knights

Offline Nintendork

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2003, 05:10:07 PM »

Originally posted by: ThePerm
yeah...the length has something to do with it...i mean..im 20 hours into metroid prime and im only halfway.

I wouldnt really use the %done as a indicator of how far you are, I mean I was at like 60% and all I had left were a few artifacts, and the game is over........? Then it ends and I'm like ok........ Not that it was short or anything.

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2003, 06:08:41 PM »
first time through i finished MP with 75%, so yeh don't go by the percent done thing.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2003, 06:55:12 PM »
really..i htought the omega pirate was pretty hard for an early boss. Im gonan go and get all the artifacts though. I deviate from the course they give me alot...so i dotn end up screwed on powerups and stuff.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2003, 08:36:44 PM »
A little more on the story line is your a dective in future and looking into some crime syndacite, or something like that. Its been a while since I read the old articles on the game.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline xanrastafari

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2003, 05:09:34 AM »
I hate to rain on the party a little, but:

It was gonna have cinemas that may put Final Fantasy to shame. ITs supposed to be filled with innovative gameplay. for instance you can as you progress the game decide how you upgrade your self. If you want to be faster you get robotic super legs. Want to be stronger give your self some genetic steroids....stuff like that.
Its an action game that lets you biologically or cypernetically enhance yourself. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

I hope they can come up with an innovative feature that's.... Innovative.  I know that System Shock 2 and Dues Ex both already feature this idea, and I'm pretty sure the first System Shock did too.  That game came out.... 8 years ago?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2003, 06:13:31 AM »
i dont think they executed them in the same way...it will probably be different.

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2003, 06:24:42 AM »
I have no worries that this game will rock.
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2003, 07:29:09 AM »
The ideas were innovative when the game was first orginally was schedualled to come out. And that was about 2 years ago. Deus Ex had yet to come out. I do remember some ramblings of it in a GameInformer, unfortunatly I usally don't keep magazines that long. It was over 80% complete then, and soon after that they were aquired by Nintendo. (I think its the same magazine that Eternal Darkness was first announced in for the N64. After they were aquired both projects were switched over to N64 then the Gamecube. Too Human was put on the back burner about 6 months before Eternal Darkness was released so they could get one game done in a timely fasion. Considering that at 80% almost all gameplay aspects are in place, it a good sign that it will be playable, in some form (ala Eternal Darkness) at E3. (I almost said we but I'm not going to this years E3 as orginally planed I have another place I have to be the same week.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Modulus-X

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2003, 08:43:30 AM »
yeah Deus Ex had Nano Augmentations,  i recommend Deus Ex to everyone, it's one of those games you have to play.  Play it before the sequel comes out, because you are going to want the sequel (I think Deus Ex 2 is PC/Xbox only )
-=[Modulus-X]=-

Currently Playing: Zelda: The Wind Waker, WarCraft 3 Expansion Beta, Star Wars Galaxies Beta