Author Topic: Teh Billeh's E3 Predictions!!1!  (Read 5895 times)

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Teh Billeh's E3 Predictions!!1!
« on: April 12, 2004, 01:26:10 AM »
Bloodworth or SuperTy will probably move me to teh E3 board. Or maybe General Chat.

So find and follow da tread!!!1!

Unless dey delete me. Then don't follow.

Anyways, here's da link to Game Informer!

Some things are obvious. But some are not. He seems to know things. Or makes things up good. Click the link, and wait until E3 to find out!
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
RE: Teh Billeh's E3 Predictions!!1!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 01:53:37 AM »

This year’s game of the show will actually be a playable title.

i demand a poster advertising some particular beverage wins game of the show. i really do hope a playable game wins game of the show, or a bag of sawdust.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Teh Billeh's E3 Predictions!!1!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 02:01:39 AM »

Nintendo will unveil their first online title, and it will take place in the Animal Crossing universe.

One can only hope for this one.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 02:16:30 AM »
Well Halo 2 will be playable, i think that's pretty much guaranteed to win game of the show, not that i want it to. Metroid Prime 2 could win, or maybe a DS game... or whatever, i don't care which game "wins".

On the Game Boy Advance front, expect a blow out on the Nintendo Classics, as well as another SNES port – this time Super Mario RPG

Please let this be true. Sadly the game was never released in PAL regions, so this would be the first time PAL gamers get to play it. I really want to play it, and i've been hoping for a GBA release of Super Mario RPG for a while.

Nokia will demonstrate some unannounced game that will really be an N-Gage killer app.

omg nintendo r d00m3d, i wondre who gets most suport from dem now taht therye gon be 3rd party lol

Wind Waker 2 trailer, unveiling of the DS and PSP, and a new Mario game alone will make this E3 awesome for me, and that's just scratching the surface of what will be shown i hope. I can't wait!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 02:30:22 AM »
*goes under rock*
Rumor or not, I'm happy to wait and be surprised come E3.

-GrAyLaN

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 03:26:22 AM »
"The DS will be playable...The five games will include on Mario title, one Zelda title"

^_^

And how could anyone not be happy to see that KI could possibly be shown!? =O
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 05:26:09 AM »

Nintendo will have first party GameCube titles playable that will include Metroid Prime 2, Pilotwings, Star Fox 2, Geist, as well as some new title from Silicon Knights that will not be Too Human.

Wasnt Pilotwings supposed to be for N5?

“wait until Spaceworld”

*drools..........
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 06:12:15 AM »
Okay, all of this sounded believable right up until "The Phantom will be finally playable to the public, and official release details will be announced".

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 06:15:21 AM »
phantom commin' like what 2004.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 08:55:28 AM »
I thought the whole Phantom thing had been debunked...

And I refuse to believe that Nintendo will "finally embrace online" or however they phrased it. Okay, I don't WANT them to, but I guess it's believable.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 10:08:35 AM »

Originally posted by: Berny:

I thought the whole Phantom thing had been debunked...

And I refuse to believe that Nintendo will "finally embrace online" or however they phrased it. Okay, I don't WANT them to, but I guess it's believable.

I am just looking for Animal Crossing 2 not so much online play of it.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 10:12:29 AM »
Given that alot of these observations by Billy are probably based on a good deal of truth that he hears around the industry, one does, however, have to remember that the title says

E3 2004: Thoughts, Predictions, Dreams (my emphasis added)

-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 10:14:38 AM »
Pffft...Dream wrecker...

^_~

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 11:26:06 AM »
Umm I don't really believe that the GCNext or GCN as iwata called it will be shown at a Spaceworld show if there even is one at all. I would really love a Space World show though filled in the gap between E3s, but I really question whether that one is a dream.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 12:12:21 PM »
Nintendo reps have said several times that Spaceworld isn't out of the question this year...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 12:35:35 PM »
Pleh, predictions nothing- almost all of them are just wishful thinking slyly passed as though they had any clue at all.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 01:52:22 PM »
Billy's comment about losing third party support gets me.  Is he losing faith in Nintendo?  Is he just referring to non-japanese developers, or are we gonna be losing Capcom, Namco, et al?  Argh...

:: Pale starts hating Bill even more ::

Edit:  No, I do not mean the Bridget loving Bill we all know and love.  

Edit again: And no, I don't mean Billeh!!1!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
 ^_^

But yeah, I think he meant all the "lower-class" 3rd parties, not the larger Japanese companies...But I personally couldn't care less for support from companies that give us half-assed PS2 ports of a game that was crappy to begin with...I think Ninty is just fine with developing better relations with the larger Japanese companies and smaller upcoming gems(like they did with Retro and Game Freaks)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2004, 05:49:02 PM »
"I am just looking for Animal Crossing 2 not so much online play of it."

Without online support Animal Crossing 2 would be a completely unneeded and USELESS sequel.  It would just be more of the same.  And who wants a cookie cutter sequel to a game that in theory has unlimited replay value?

"And I refuse to believe that Nintendo will 'finally embrace online' or however they phrased it. Okay, I don't WANT them to, but I guess it's believable."

You don't want them to?  I can understand all this "Nintendo shouldn't go online yet because it's not profitable" stuff but to outright NOT want them to at all?  That's just totally close minded.

Realistically though I don't think they will announce an online game at E3 or ever will on the Cube.  Odds are if they're going to ever go online they're dedicating their online planning to their next console.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 06:09:14 PM »
"Without online support Animal Crossing 2 would be a completely unneeded and USELESS sequel. It would just be more of the same."

What the heck?  There's much, MUCH more that could be added to the game, and I think they've only scratched the surface to its potential...To say that you could add more to an online version and nothing to a non-online version is just plain stupid...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2004, 06:47:06 PM »
"What the heck? There's much, MUCH more that could be added to the game, and I think they've only scratched the surface to its potential"

Any examples?  I can think of superficial stuff to add but nothing that's worth making another Cube game for.  I guess they could add some new stuff but to me the game was designed for online play so it's a huge waste to not go in that direction.  Plus with very few exceptions I hate the idea of releasing more than one game in a series on the same console without a major new feature.  I guess it's more of just my opinion but if I was making the call there would be no new Animal Crossing games made without online support.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2004, 08:11:49 PM »
Meh. I hate it when people don't read clearly.

The MagicBox

- RUMOR: Game Informer reported that Sony / Square Enix will be showing two new Final Fantasy titles for PSP at E3, one is a port of a Final Fantasy title for PSone, the second one is a new Final Fantasy title which can connect with Final Fantasy XII for PS2.

- RUMOR: Game Informer reported that Nintendo will be showing five new titles for Nintendo DS at E3, including Mario, Zelda and Monkey Ball. The Nintendo DS will be downward compatible all GBA/GBC/GB titles.

It's not a rumor! Nor is Game Informer "reporting" these things. It's SPECULATION.

Gah.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2004, 08:38:23 PM »
"Both Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 will be playable on PC, yet there will be some new PC title shown on the show floor that will blow both of those games out of the water"

Whoa.  Very interesting.  Does Billy know something we don't?  He also listed the game of the show note under PC (though that might just be because it is last).

""What the heck? There's much, MUCH more that could be added to the game, and I think they've only scratched the surface to its potential"

Any examples? I can think of superficial stuff to add but nothing that's worth making another Cube game for. I guess they could add some new stuff but to me the game was designed for online play so it's a huge waste to not go in that direction. Plus with very few exceptions I hate the idea of releasing more than one game in a series on the same console without a major new feature. I guess it's more of just my opinion but if I was making the call there would be no new Animal Crossing games made without online support. "

I agree with Bill.  There is a *ton* of stuff that could be done with an offline Animal Crossing 2.  Some ideas:

-Politics!  Run for mayor, or vote for your favorite animal.
  -Open up your own shop, selling things to other people/animals, and compete with Nook.
  -More detailed fishing
  -Dynamic tides
  -Better, more interesting villagers (emphasis on personality depth, not numbers)
  -Harvest Moon elements:  Raise a farm (obviously simplistic compared to HM)
  -Families  (2 or more players can move in together, and some NPC's come with pre-set families)
  -More specific inter-player relationships:  Villagers will find out how players are related.  Thus, if a player is another player's mom, she'll get a present on Mother's Day, animals will mention this in conversation, etc.
  -Fully customizable characters - rather than merely changing an outfit, players will be able to choose their face, hair, skin color, individual bits of clothing, etc.
  -More games!  More NES games, GameBoy games, possibly a few SNES games, etc.

All this is just off the top of my head.  Believe me,  there is plenty that can be done with AC2.  While the basic gameplay and controls will be the same, there are many possibilities for more depth than the original.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2004, 08:53:48 PM »
That would be Duke Nukem Forever, of course.  YEAH BABY GUNS AND BABES AND BUBBLEGUM.

Animal Crossing could very well become The Matrix (*cough*).  Why?  Cuz you generally won't be concerned with stat-building and killing thingies, which quite a few notable online games have.  Instead, you got your character, a nice little house, and you chill, not "hi, how you doing?  I'm fi--"  *PK*  "hahah User: teknoRad45 stole your armor."  I wonder if theft would be included as an Animal Crossing gameplay mechanic.

Will Daikatana 2 show up this year?  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2004, 01:54:26 AM »
Ian, real-life IS superficial...The game is a Sim, in which you do little things just as you do in real-life...