Author Topic: METROID PRIME 2  (Read 97147 times)

Offline Rich

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2004, 07:19:27 PM »
You can always hope right? Personally I'm just happy that they included multiplayer though I hope its not really easy with the lock on. but i dont see and way around the lock on because if they use normal FPS controls then it would be very difficult to change weapons.

Oh and speaking of weapons I hope there are some brand new beams in this game.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
RE:METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2004, 06:20:13 PM »
Some guys over at IGN have new pics of Prime 2.  It is shaping up to look pretty tight.  I can't wait for PGC's high quality pics to show up though, instead of mag grabs.

It shows off that enemy again *two at a time even*, a new beam, and some other nifty stuff.  I like it.  I like it a lot.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2004, 11:23:36 AM »
Do you have a link because I can't find what your talking about.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2004, 01:23:52 PM »
Their scans from NP that some guys posted in the forum.  It's not an official news article.

Am I allowed to say how to get there without being banned?  If not, I can edit some stuff.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 22, 2004, 06:35:50 PM »
no I found them and i think they look awesome, this game is gonna blow us away at E3

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2004, 08:10:52 PM »
Those scans were very nice.  I'd greatly appreciate some high-quality footage in the form of a demo disc or DVD... THEN I'D CAPTURE/RIP THEM AND SHARE THEM WITH THE REST OF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY MOTORISTS.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline CreedDBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2004, 05:03:58 PM »
If you havent seen the Prime 2 page on nintendo.com I suggest you head over there.  They have dropped the first hints of the story and the the title.  Seems its going to be Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, or something to that effect.  There is also a new race of people called the Ing.  Head on over, its only a short paragraph, but its nice to see some new info.  There are also a few pics I havent seen on IGN or anywhere else.
The Hunter is among us ...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »
Now that's better.

I believe Samus was trying to say... " I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRR!"

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2004, 05:50:35 PM »
i must be totally of it because this is the first time i heard anything about metroid prime 2. does nintendo have a date in which they plan to release mp2?
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Krazie26

• The Wandering Nintendork
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2004, 06:10:44 PM »
Anyone wanna speculate on what Echoes means? I'm guessing since the game is split into a light world - dark world situation...maybe Samus is hearing the echoes of the each side while she is in the other. Echoes of a distant world you know.

Hehehe.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2004, 07:13:59 PM »
Haven't read the whole thread so pardon me if some of my speculation has already been speculated.

Wouldn't it be sweet if not only were they two worlds, but two parallel universes?  There would be both a good samus and an 'evil' samus....  When the good samus was reaking havoc in evil land, the bad samus would be reaking havoc in good land.  Therefore, one would have to speculate what damage their actions would cause in the other world...  Then on top of that, you could play as good or bad samus...  Yeah, that won't happen, but it'd be cool.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2004, 07:53:02 PM »
You thing that this Ing race that they talk about is the thing we saw in the first trailer, cause that one seemed to be able to change its density level it was wierd. Either way this game will be awesome.

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2004, 11:35:20 PM »
...Or maybe the subtitle has something to do with the Pink Floyd song...
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2004, 11:54:14 PM »
Or is it ECHOES... from the past....?

Like..... LINK.... to the past.....?

Offline reviewgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2004, 12:02:46 AM »
Personally, i think that Metroid Prime 2 will blow us away, and all the people spouting negative comments on the multiplayer aspect will eat their words. OH HOW I DO HOPE!!!!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2004, 12:09:50 AM »
There's an order to these things...
1)  Single-must blow us away first.
2)  Multiplayer shall receive no consideration from me until Condition #1 is met.
3)  After Condition #1 is met, find multiplaying buddies.  If buddies do not exist, multiplayer cannot be multiplayed, therefore must fall back to replaying the previously-established-to-be-reliable single-player.

Offline Krazie26

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2004, 05:07:28 AM »
I too think Multiplayer would be beyond awesome to play. Imagine walking through a dark hallway...when all of a sudden a ball comes flying out of a hole zooming by...You carefully pull out your ice beam...take aim! Bam! Frozen! You know this did not kill it, so you charge a super missle just as its coming unfrozen...*BOOM*, miss and it escaped back into the hole again.

But yeah, if it were online it'd be better. I don't have anyone to play with

Offline Krazie26

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2004, 05:54:49 AM »
BTW, the guy in the grey suit in one of the screenies, I believe I know who he is.
Super Metroid Comic
Don't know how many of you have actually read this, but he's in there..watch carefully.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2004, 12:20:33 PM »
hes in there where?  O_o, i don't see anything that looks like the grey suit in that comic, likewise, that comic isn't metroid Canon...Though i was partially expecting them to bring houtson into the prime 2 as an excuse for co-op.

The japanese e-manga, is metroid canon, but i don't really see that would relate to prime 2 at all.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2004, 12:22:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Krazie26
BTW, the guy in the grey suit in one of the screenies, I believe I know who he is.
Super Metroid Comic
Don't know how many of you have actually read this, but he's in there..watch carefully.

No. Just no. Houston is the absolute worst character ever, and I seriously doubt they will actually use him in any game. Besides his suit is blue not grey.

Originally posted by: Syl_Aran
The japanese e-manga, is metroid canon, but i don't really see that would relate to prime 2 at all.

Well, if I remember correctly Houston isn't in the e-manga, so no worries there.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Krazie26

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2004, 12:35:38 PM »
He's in chapter 1 all the way through the rest of them.
I was talking of Houston.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2004, 02:38:19 PM »
houstons suit is BLUE, and has the huge ugly shoulder pads like samus's, he looks nothing similar to the grey guy in the MP2 shots.

Houston's suit was the federations attempt to copy the chozo suit, at least thats my understanding...

however, after reading the super metroid comic, im surprised how much of samus' backstory they kept the same when they made the e-manga.  Though the e-manga explains it in far more detail.

note:
translated e-manga can be found at www.newtourian.com (can't direct link to it, annoyingly)

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2004, 05:36:29 AM »
Having flashbacks to Starfox 64's multiplayer...

I am very very excited about this.  I have always been a huge metroid freak and I am really enjoying the chance to run around the world we have all played through in 2d, in gorgeous 3d.  Graphics aren't everything, but seeing the world this way is a huge pull.  The mood is just so increadible, I hope it is communicated well in this next installment.  Not that I am worrying about that.  I would like some more ball parts.  MP had quite a few, but they were all exactly the same.  I would love to see some different uses.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2004, 11:05:18 PM »
I've just noticed something in that 4-player screenshot.

One of the Samuses has a Chozo Rune over her head.

That means there's probably a Capture the Rune multiplayer mode.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 28, 2004, 02:13:19 PM »
In that preview of Prime 2 by Nintendo it says that Samus will be "Hunted by a mysterious entity." If that's true then "Houston" is probabaly not trying to HELP Samus. But that's just what I think. Did anyone see the "sonar" visor? In the picture where Samus is fighting that creature there is a green visor, it is a dot with two dash marks on each side of it. Wouldnt that make sense with the title being Echoes?

EDIT: The dot with two dash marks on each side is commonly used as a symbol for sound. Sorry if somebody already posted this.
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4