Author Topic: Chasing Aurora Announced for Wii U eShop  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Chasing Aurora Announced for Wii U eShop
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »

The Wii U is the "official launch platform" for this indie physics-based open-world flight game.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30425

Indie game Chasing Aurora is coming to the Wii U, according to developer Broken Rules, and is even treating Nintendo's upcoming console as the "official launch platform" for the game. Due to see release later this year, Chasing Aurora is a game based around the idea of flight, giving players a 2D open-world environment set in the Alps. It features physics-based flight and air combat.

As a side note, this announcement is one of the earliest indications that the Wii U's downloadable game service will be called the eShop, the same name as the downloadable service on Nintendo's 3DS handheld console.

The Chasing Aurora Mood Teaser Trailer.

The game's story revolves around the player exploring the Alps, fighting enemies, and performing stunts in a quest to return shattered shards of the sun to an altar. In addition to the game's story mode, the developers also promise at least four different multiplayer modes, including some specifically built for the Wii U GamePad and its asymmetrical gameplay possibilities.

The Chasing Aurora Gameplay Trailer.

Broken Rules, who also developed indie darling And Yet It Moves (which also came to Nintendo's WiiWare platform), received the offer to bring the game as a launch title to the Wii in 2011. The developer is still actively developing Chasing Aurora, but promise to talk about more specifics and content when they "are developed far enough to talk about them."

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Chasing Aurora Announced for Wii U eShop
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »
More of this please. If launch titles for the Wii U eShop are at E3 this year, that would be a very encouraging sign.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »
it looks... really great. I like how relaxing it is.

Offline Ignoramus

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:33:49 AM »
As sick as I am of birds in my video games, the art style in that game looks really pretty and unique.
3DS Friend Code: 0516-7436-5160
I love games and wrasslin.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 12:37:14 AM »
Tell me whem Mommy's Best Games makes it to the Wii U eShop.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:45:12 AM »
I keep seeing the IOS game "Tiny Wing" here...and I got sick of that game after 20 minutes.   Hopefully the combat makes it more interesting.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!